-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
New Browning Dark Ops HD Pro X here just to see what is walking around in the back yard. What am I doing wrong? I had one deer come through last night, but on the run and all I got was a blur from a very long exposure. I got this thing because it isn't supposed to have a white visible flash, but does the IR flash take longer to expose a picture? The rabbit was okay as long as it held still, but the image blurred out too when it moved. Since I can check it every day, yesterday I set it on a higher quality 12 MP setting, but I could go down to 4 or 8 MP or up to 20. Would I get a clearing image if I set it to take video? 150 rabbit and leaves blowing pictures and the day time stuff looks fine, but how can I get clearer night time stuff. Thanks.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

leave it set on the high res........

re read your owners manual & understand all the settings........

contact C/S ?

they can be a real PIA sometimes to set up & get running......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Set it to high resolution and as long as I'm just shooting in the backyard with a 32 GB SD card, I ran video last night instead of a single still picture and caught the spike and an 8 point on the way through. I'll give customer service a ring tomorrow to see if night time IR still pics are possible on faster moving subjects. Daylight probably no problem as I see some great fast exposure day time pics that you guys put up.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I've had a couple of dud cameras lately........

too sensitive......won't hold date/time......blurry......eats batteries......

this pic isn't too bad........but.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I called Browning Customer Service and I was told that the pictures at night with the IR WILL be blurry!!! They sure don't mention that in the literature. I've been way happier taking video these last few nights and then if I want a better still picture, freeze framing the video and taking the picture of the freeze frame with my cell phone. This was an upper end Browning Black Ops trail camera and I'll bet that people buying one that doesn't take video will be pretty disappointed in their night time pictures if the subject is moving. I would think that a white flash instead of the IR will have a much shorter exposure time and a cleaner image. Probably scare the dickens out of the critter though.

My other auto is a .45

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,081
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.