Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I am looking to off load some of my knives I have collected. One of them in question is an older Rick Menefee knife that I picked up nearly 10 years ago. It has never been used, and comes with a Parson's leather sheath. I apologize, I do not know the scales used.

Any help with a dollar figure would be helpful.

Thanks!

Attached Images
menefeeEdited4.JPG (35.61 KB, 184 downloads)

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That looks like green canvas micarta , and that'd be about the color it would go to after 10 years. I think you could get easy 250 ,275 on it ,coming in just under what some of the later knives are fetching ( similar) Rick's" signature" ( sort of) ,is his tapered tangs and my guess is that one does not have a tapered tang. That does not mean the knife is any less of a knife . On a knife that size with 1/8" stock ,the tapered tang is more of a show of skill,rather functioning detail ,in my opinion. More than likely the steel is 154 CM ss ,but could be 440C or D2 . I like hois older patterns just as much as the newer ones

You may be able to get a little more than 275 too. It depends on the buyer . So many who buy custom knives will tell you ," I gotta see it,I'll know when I see it" If a guy likes it ,he gets it

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by VinceM
That looks like green canvas micarta , and that'd be about the color it would go to after 10 years. I think you could get easy 250 ,275 on it ,coming in just under what some of the later knives are fetching ( similar) Rick's" signature" ( sort of) ,is his tapered tangs and my guess is that one does not have a tapered tang. That does not mean the knife is any less of a knife . On a knife that size with 1/8" stock ,the tapered tang is more of a show of skill,rather functioning detail ,in my opinion. More than likely the steel is 154 CM ss ,but could be 440C or D2 . I like hois older patterns just as much as the newer ones

You may be able to get a little more than 275 too. It depends on the buyer . So many who buy custom knives will tell you ," I gotta see it,I'll know when I see it" If a guy likes it ,he gets it

+1 to the above.

Without more pix it is hard to tell much. Blade length and OAL info would also help!

Perhaps it's just the perspective, but that is not a typical blade shape for the Menefee knives I've encountered. It looks to have a flat grind, and no swedging. Most of Ricks' knives i've encountered have a hollow grind. One of his "hunter" patterns just sold here for $350 IIRC and was sold by Vince, IIRC. I'd also venture that you could get $250 in short order here. I'd be somewhat surprised if you were not contacted by PM and an offer made.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/18/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by VinceM

+1 to the above.

Without more pix it is hard to tell much. Blade length and OAL info would also help!

Perhaps it's just the perspective, but that is not a typical blade shape for the Menefee knives I've encountered. It looks to have a flat grind, and no swedging. Most of Ricks' knives i've encountered have a hollow grind. One of his "hunter" patterns just sold here for $350 IIRC and was sold by Vince, IIRC. I'd also venture that you could get $250 in short order here. I'd be somewhat surprised if you were not contacted by PM and an offer made.

Best,

GWB

GW and all this style is earlier ,hollow ground This is his " old" patterns The first Menefee hunters I ever showed here on 24 were like this I only ever saw one flat ground hunter from Rick I sold it here it had blue - black micarta handle

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I appreciate the help guys. Ill take a couple more pics and put them up here- and offer it to the group here first.

I don't mind offering a deal, however, I am needing a new western rifle- and I am hoping to save for a Kimber in a .30-06.

I have some older marbles knives as well, but I know they don't have the value the Menefee does.

thanks!

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 50 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.