Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Tri70 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Would you pop a coyote or varmint while sitting in your deer stand or stalking deer? I have killed a few coyotes while deer and get excited about shooting them as much as deer.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Coyotes never get a pass, NEVER!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I haven't had the opportunity but would absolutely shoot a coyote from deer stand.

Fox and coon get a pass though

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by smokinggun
Coyotes never get a pass, NEVER!

Most everything else does.But if I get a crack at a coyote,I 'm gonna take it.
If nothing else it will be in the next county if I miss.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Have killed coyotes while deer hunting.

Would shoot a fox or bobcat as well should the opportunity arise.

Figger every one of those little bastards I kill will help save fawns, turkeys, quail and anything else i should want for myself.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Coyotes are always fair game as are fox and bobcats, I always end rockchuck hunting the weekend before the archery deer hunt.

A cougar will always have a bullet thrown in it’s direction!!!!

Last edited by boatanchor; 11/17/19.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Have seen more than a few foxes taken with a 35 REM or 7RM when I lived up north.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It doesn’t matter what I’m hunting. If I see a coyote, it becomes a coyote hunt.

Foxes and cats get passes. I only shoot those by calling them in.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I will kill a wolf during "anything season", but other than that I never fire at a coyote, fox, skunk, raccoon, and any other varmint until I have killed the game animal I am after.
I would kill a bob cat because they are bringing very good money (about $900) but so far I have not had a shot at a bob cat when I was hunting anything else.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I always take them... One time shot a coyote in a small draw, walked just over the rise to another draw and shot a nice buck... Go figure..

Molon Labe
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by szihn
I will kill a wolf during "anything season", but other than that I never fire at a coyote, fox, skunk, raccoon, and any other varmint until I have killed the game animal I am after.
I would kill a bob cat because they are bringing very good money (about $900) but so far I have not had a shot at a bob cat when I was hunting anything else.

$900.00???????? Really?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Caplock
Originally Posted by szihn

$900.00???????? Really?

Depends on where the cat comes from, but some of them have gone for $1100 in the last couple years. Those are the biggest and best of the lot however...not your average cat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes indeed. My cousin would always get mad at me when I would shoot a groundhog while out deer hunting. I just couldn't let them pass.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've shot a few coyotes while deer hunting. Up until 6 or 8 years ago, I had never seen any. Now I see them several times a year. Almost had one a couple of weeks ago with the crossbow, but he busted me. My son shot one last April while turkey hunting. The damned thing went after his turkey decoy. I'll shoot them whenever I get the chance, but foxes and coons get a pass. They've screwed up my deer hunting. The does walk on eggshells.

Shot this one during Early Muzzle Loader a few years back. The 8 point came walking along the edge of the field. When he got about 50 yards, I shot him. The buck runs back along the edge of the field about 100 yards and crashes into the woods. The yote comes running out of the thick stuff where the buck crashed and ran about 25 yards past me and stopped. Muzzle loader = Empty gun. Well, he farted around way too long. Every time he turned his back, or went behind a tree, I made a move. The hardest thing was to get my aluminum ram rod out, use it, and put it back without making any noise or being seen. I was able to reload and shot his ass when he was about 50 yards away.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by StoneCutter; 11/26/19.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Let a couple coons pass during fireams season.

Next sit I will be packing my High Standard and shoot the little fuggers when they roll by.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It happens...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I’ll shoot any yote i see before shooting a deer, any day

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
It happens...

Good Grief! That is a huge framed dog! You sure you didn’t shoot the neighbor’s shepherd??

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
No. I hunt and shoot coyotes the other 50 weeks a year but I only get to rifle deer hunt for 16 days in my home state. Last Saturday I saw 3 coyotes separately on opening day of deer season at the ranch. I also saw 4 bucks between 140-160”, the neighbor kid killed a 194 inch buck last year, I ain’t potentially screwing up an opportunity at a monster buck to kill a dog. Heck I passed up the chance to fill both of my cow elk tags last weekend because I didn’t want to spook a good buck I was trying to make a move on.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Originally Posted by ingwe
It happens...

Good Grief! That is a huge framed dog! You sure you didn’t shoot the neighbor’s shepherd??

You know...if I ever shot one that was a bit of a cross with a dog, it would be that one. He was big ( didnt weigh him, but I'm pretty damn sure he'd hit 50 pounds)..and those white feet kinda give it away...

The rifle is an '06 with a 24 inch Bbl so he was no dwarf...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.