Print Thread
Hop To
T
TomM1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
All through archery I kept seeing coyotes cruising by, but they were either to far or passed through my shooting lanes too quickly. When Muzzleloader season opened I thought here we go. Never saw a one, but kept hearing them howling before daybreak. Today I was watching a nervous doe cross our field and she kept looking back. I figured either a buck was harassing her or the road hunters were at it again. Then here comes this coyote ripping across the field towards our house. I flew upstairs and grabbed the triple-duece. By the time I hit the deck outside he was standing at about 175 yds but looking my way since I flung open the door. I flipped him over and he spun in circles with the shot, then went down.

My wife raises Giant Schnauzer show dogs and is always worried about them, so she was very happy. I’m know there is more about, but step 1 in instilling some fear of our immediate area is done. Fur is in the freezer, need to order more latex gloves and tail stripper!

Attached Images

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Nice shooting! How do coyote hides bring in your area?

T
TomM1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Good question. Found some info online from last years fur auction near me. Two coyote pelts were purchased for $1 each...so doesn’t look good. Going to make a few phone calls to get some more info.

If anyone knows any fur buyers in the east TN area, please chime in.

Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Used to be a fur buyer in Seymour Tn but I think he passed away. Doubt fur prices in our area will be worth the effort honestly. I’m from Seymour but now in Maryville. Where you located? I have a few buddies that do taxidermy and will ask if they know of any or idea on prices. I do know that my buddy I used to trap with ( neither of us do it anymore cause no money in it here) shot a bobcat last fall in head with 22lr and he sold it to the taxidermist for 750$. Cat weighed 37lbs on scales and had beautiful fur.

T
TomM1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I’m between Kingsport and Rogersville. I saw the TN fur harvesters have a sale or two in Feb/Mar timeframe. Based on last years data, bobcats are in demand.

I am going to try and hit them hard this winter calling and even decided to get the traps out for a boil this weekend. I haven’t trapped since I lived in Alaska but suddenly have the urge. Will be a good learning experience for the kids and help out the rabbits.

Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 12 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.