Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh.

I read the thread title and thought it was a trade offer.

Never mind.....

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Take a look at a Browning 1911-380

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If she like the Glock 19, you have your answer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WTF- she loved the blue G19 , get her the one SHE liked. Now what we like!

I would much prefer my GF not have a 365 or other micro gun. The suggestions for women to carry micro guns is puzzling.

My GF also carries an XD9 for the last 10 yrs.

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about a lady smith?

[Linked Image from durys.s3.amazonaws.com]

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
While I was typing my reply disappeared. My wife has tried several revolvers and auto pistols. When she picked up a Glock 23, she told me she would probably carry it. She has carried it everywhere. She shoots it really well. Her belief is if she has to pull it she wants a big hole. She also believes if she has to pull it she will give them all 13 rounds. We normally shoot 180 grain bullets at around 1050. Recoil with this load is more of a shove back than a sharp kick up like a 9mm. She says our friends 19 kicks harder. As long as she carries it, I'll let her carry what is comfortable for her. She wanted a Glock 21sf but after shooting one she didn't recover from recoil very well and couldnt get back on target accurately.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Rule no. 1. Never pick out a gun for your wife or GF.Let them shoot as many as they can get their hands on. A Lady Smith is pretty snappy wit +P loads and even std loads. Most compacts and sub compacts are the same in a 9MM. Two reasons the gun isn't carried is it is too heavy or too much recoil.
A lot of the striker fired guns are getting very popular. Beretta, Sig, and Glock all have them Good triggers, easy slide operation and not uch recoil.
Cute should not be in the equation for selection IMHO.

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/16/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife loved a Taurus for shooting at the range. Don't recall the model, something like PT908, which I gave to my daughter when wife died. Daughter got a CCW and carried it for a good while. Meantime I decided on a S&W 642 for pocket carry with a CCW. Daughter fell in love with it so I bought her one too. Reworked both triggers. She shoots it quite well, but prefers the Taurus for the range. Look at the 642. Agree the choice should be the lady's. Not here.

Used to be bobski, member since '01
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The more women that we can get to own a handgun and learn to shoot it and carry it the better off we all are. I don't care what color they want.
A range gun is different than a carry gun.
My wife shoots a 4 inch .357 Magnum revolver.
She would not carry it on a daily basis.
Thats reality.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Check out the G48, A little slimmer and holds less rounds, but has the same grip length and slide length, within a couple mm of the G19, nicer to carry and better grip for smaller hands.

My wife carries a full size m&p 2.0 9mm, I let her take it to the range one time and she's kept it ever since.

IC B3

M
Mossy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Why not? You’ve never chosen a gun where aesthetics played any part of the decision?

If purple with pink polk a dots gets her interested in shooting with me , so be it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mossy

Why not? You’ve never chosen a gun where aesthetics played any part of the decision?

If purple with pink polk a dots gets her interested in shooting with me , so be it

Take cute out of the selection process. Once she decides which one she can shoot accurately, fits her well and she is willing to carry, then make it cute.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm looking at the Sig P365 SAS for my old lady. Both she and I are not sure about the unconventional sights or porting (?)...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gies340
I'm looking at the Sig P365 SAS for my old lady. Both she and I are not sure about the unconventional sights or porting (?)...

I like a ported barrel, but it sounds like the sights are a bit trippy, perhaps too trippy for a new shooter.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by Mossy

Take cute out of the selection process. Once she decides which one she can shoot accurately, fits her well and she is willing to carry, then make it cute.

If it's not cute enough to begin with, she may never shoot is enough to get accurate and comfortable enough to carry it.

If you want to guarantee she doesn't shoot it much, don't pay attention to what important to her.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
She has chosen one of the best all around handguns ever made, and one that has been vetted all over the globe time and time again. She likes the color.

Why not make her happy and get what SHE wants.

She will have an incredible firearm, and one that will be about impossible to wear out. She will be happy because SHE chose it, not her husband. If her husband chooses it, there will always be some resentment for the condescension (little lady doesn't know any better" type mentality. Women are not stupid. They know that they may not know firearms as well as men (in general) but sometimes you are doing a disservice by steering them away when they have found a handgun with a stellar track record. It is not about what the man wants.

And she sure as hell does not need a J Frame. Few guns will make a female hate shooting quicker than a J Frame snubby with its painful recoil and crappy sights. That is not a gun for a novice.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m with Mackay.

I’m a Glock guy. Mrs Walter wanted a Walther PPS M2 after checking them out at sportsman’s and shooting one a friend lent her.

I said yes, she has a pistol she shoots well and carries in her purse or on her person, and the world is a better place for it.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
My wife likes her LCRx.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back when I was married my Ex kept leaving the home defense Glock 19 chamber-empty because it was “safer”. So I settled on the 3” S&W Mod 60 that she learned to shoot handguns with for the readily available home defense gun. No confusion, simple to operate, aim and pull the trigger.

She wanted an Airweight, I got her one, she shot it well enough out to 15 yards with non plusP loads. As far as I know she still has it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
While I might recommend a single stack Glock for a female's smaller hands, or an S&W Shield (My 17 year old loves hers) I think it is very important that the individual female have total ownership in the gun. They don't think like men, and it has been my experience that many consider it condescending when men tell them "No you don't need this, you want this".

When doing classes with large numbers of females, the best bet is to use the Socratic Method of teaching.

Asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking.

Let them develop their own answers and gently guide them down a path to discover what suits them best.

Even if a Glock 19 is not absolutely 100% optimal over say a Glock 43 or a S&W Shield, the fact that she picked it is going to make her happier in the long run, and she is still going to end up with an awesome pistol that she will enjoy.

Happy Wife Happy Life.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (19rabbit52, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 35 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,366
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.