Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
After the family had been in the Mormon Church almost 30 years their youngest son who was on his two year mission in Florida tried to convert a Baptist pastor. The pastor patiently listened to him, then with compassion shared the gospel with him and challenged him to read the New Testament. The young Mormon missionary was very angry, but he began to read the New Testament in order to prove that the pastor was wrong.

As he read the Bible he began to know the truth about God and realized he had been deceived by the Mormon religion and that Joseph Smith was a false prophet. By that time his Mother had been a professor for several years at the prestigious Mormon school called Brigham Young University.

His Father and Mother both had advanced and served in high positions in the church. Their other two sons had served or were serving their two year missions and their daughter was also very devoted to the church.

The youngest son tried to get his siblings and his parents to read the New Testament but it was very difficult for them, especially for his parents, to make any change. It tore the family apart and it took a lot of time and pain before the parents began reading the New Testament. Gradually by reading the Bible and communicating with Christians secretly, they all, one by one, became strong enough in their relationship with God to resign from the Mormon Church.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The power is in the Word. Not surprised since that what it was designed to do.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting.

I knew a fella that was Christian (Baptist maybe?) that converted to Islam. Completely changed his life, no more drinkin', gamblin' and whorin' around. Nice guy.

And there was the Catholic fella that converted to Buddhism. Another nice guy.

And what about those who go Jewish?

Just goes to show......................one never knows what will change a person's life for the better.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting.

I knew a fella that was Christian (Baptist maybe?) that converted to Islam. Completely changed his life, no more drinkin', gamblin' and whorin' around. Nice guy.

Just goes to show......................one never knows what will change a person's life for the better.

Geno

change is coming to America! is that about it, in so many terms?

i've known completely devout christians convert to siddha yoga Buddhism.

and so it goes, when a thought process enters a certain brain type, change happens?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Interesting.

Geno

Is it not sort of funny that Christians are okay but Mormons are not?

How do the Jews look at Christians? The same way Christians look at Mormons?

What about Zoroastrians?

What religion was Pliny the Elder? He was an interesting sort.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Interesting.

Geno

Is it not sort of funny that Christians are okay but Mormons are not?

How do the Jews look at Christians? The same way Christians look at Mormons?

What about Zoroastrians?

What religion was Pliny the Elder? He was an interesting sort.

it becomes kinda eye-opening when a judastic type from berkeley converts to native american Great Spirit, and related including smoke lodges.

but to each his own. i'd never try to convert anyone to anything. let them discover it on their own. either in this life or at some point later on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Although interested, I never spent any energy on figuring out if there was a Pliny the younger.

Interesting, thought provoking thread here.

Now, I've got to go split some wood and cogitate before we get a shower that dampens my spirit.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Ringman
After the family had been in the Mormon Church almost 30 years their youngest son who was on his two year mission in Florida tried to convert a Baptist pastor. The pastor patiently listened to him, then with compassion shared the gospel with him and challenged him to read the New Testament. The young Mormon missionary was very angry, but he began to read the New Testament in order to prove that the pastor was wrong.

As he read the Bible he began to know the truth about God and realized he had been deceived by the Mormon religion and that Joseph Smith was a false prophet. By that time his Mother had been a professor for several years at the prestigious Mormon school called Brigham Young University.

His Father and Mother both had advanced and served in high positions in the church. Their other two sons had served or were serving their two year missions and their daughter was also very devoted to the church.

The youngest son tried to get his siblings and his parents to read the New Testament but it was very difficult for them, especially for his parents, to make any change. It tore the family apart and it took a lot of time and pain before the parents began reading the New Testament. Gradually by reading the Bible and communicating with Christians secretly, they all, one by one, became strong enough in their relationship with God to resign from the Mormon Church.

Please share the source of you story.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My ex-wife said I was a great guy before I became a framing carpenter.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by poboy

did you convert to using canadian white wood?

just askin'

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does this mean that the Tomcat really is leaving the Church of Scientology?

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lennie

I did.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You people are woefully misinformed about the Mormon Church.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Interesting.

Geno

That happened because they didn't spend quality time in the New Testament. Simple as that.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mr. Johnson dies at a nice old age and being a good person he goes to Heaven.
At the pearly gates St. Peter greets him and says "welcome to Heaven Mr . Johnson, let me show you around the place!"

They enter Heaven and Mr. Johnson is amazed, what a beautiful place. The first sight is a beautiful garden covered in flowers and there are many people sitting in lotus position and meditating. Mr. Johnson asks St. Peter who they are and he says they're Buddhists. Mr . Johnson is a bit surprised at first but being a good person he is very accepting and even relieved at the sight. Next they pass a large tent and there is the joyful sound of singing emanating from it and Mr Johnson starts to ask but St. Peter beats him to it and says with a big smile "Baptists!".

Walking on they pass many other groups of people from all over the world and many cultures and then walk past a large brick building with just one door and no windows, a prayer was being recited. At the end of the tour St. Peter asks Mr. Johnson if there is anything he needs to just holler and begins to walk away when Mr. Johnson pipes up "Oh, yes St.Peter there is one Thing I was wondering about?" St. Peters say"Yes what is it?" "I was wondering who were the people in that brick building with no windows?"
"Oh.." St Peter answers....
"Those are the Catholics, they think they are the only ones up here."

Last edited by SBTCO; 11/19/19.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hmmm,

This seems more like a story you're telling, than part of a letter you received ?

Opioids ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lennie

I did.

Ya, opioids !!!!!!!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by poboy

My wife tells the kids " it's ok if daddy talks like that....hes a carpenter"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We may have our new religion thread.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chesterwy
You people are woefully misinformed about the Mormon Church.

i could be for sure. please inform us generally as a group, and use layman's language if you will. very few of us are seminarian trained, i'm thinking.

i once worked with a Mormon co-worker. very devout. very dedicated hard worker. had two jobs. passed from a heart attack while on his second job.

share with us. we'll try our best to better understand.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
158 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.