Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It was painful listening to that cockgobbler. With two words out of his mouth, I could tell he walked with a decided left lean.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
How did he get to LT. Col.?

I really do know the answer........

In the military we call it "knee pads and mouthwash!"

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by jorgeI
This is the kind of officer that was allowed to fester during the obama years and the services are FULL of them at the 06 and above level

He is O-5, fwiw.

Yes, I think what Jorge is saying is he following the example of the 0-5's who made 0-6 and flag during that era.

0-5 is doable by most officers if they want it and move along a certain "golden path" for their particular speciality, even the edges of that path. 0-6 top some extent and certainly 0-7 in any branch is VERY political and just being a good officer is not enough. The flags who select flags select those they like and the years of the Obama reign had a very real affect on the types of people that were selected. They message is very clear to the 0-5's wanting to move up. "be like us".

Sitting as a recorder on a couple selection boards as a LT watching the sausage being made very much affected what I chose in my chosen career path since I did not want to play that game.

It's not a whole lot different in civilian Fed service. GS-9, even GS-11, not so hard to do. Much above that and one better know who's bread to butter.

Kinda sucks for folks that just want to do their job well and hope to make it to a managerial level someday.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's the Schiff Show - Actors, not real people.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
This is the kind of officer that was allowed to fester during the obama years and the services are FULL of them at the 06 and above level

He is O-5, fwiw.

Yes, I think what Jorge is saying is he following the example of the 0-5's who made 0-6 and flag during that era.

0-5 is doable by most officers if they want it and move along a certain "golden path" for their particular speciality, even the edges of that path. 0-6 top some extent and certainly 0-7 in any branch is VERY political and just being a good officer is not enough. The flags who select flags select those they like and the years of the Obama reign had a very real affect on the types of people that were selected. They message is very clear to the 0-5's wanting to move up. "be like us".

Sitting as a recorder on a couple selection boards as a LT watching the sausage being made very much affected what I chose in my chosen career path since I did not want to play that game.

It's not a whole lot different in civilian Fed service. GS-9, even GS-11, not so hard to do. Much above that and one better know who's bread to butter.

Kinda sucks for folks that just want to do their job well and hope to make it to a managerial level someday.

Geno

I have been an 11, 12 and 13. I was an outsider in two of those cases and got the job anyway. I applied for a 12 position I was very well qualified for and lost out to a marginally qualified person who was a friend of the hiring authority. He went on to set historic low production numbers. I lost out in the other case to a better qualified applicant. He retired and I now have that job.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Attorney Castor got Morrison to say Vindman was not truthful.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Paul,

I figured you'd understand.

I'm just kinda glad some of the folks here are watching for those of us that aren't. I get some info that way, instead of from the nightly "news", should I watch that even.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
What a puzzy. A sad little jumped up major who got his fellers hurt when the president, not a professional diplomat, pissed in his little Rice bowl.

To add a little levity to the thread. Always good to know the difference between a Major and a Lt Col. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Lt. Col??? Guy looks like he ought to be fixing copy machines for the Air Force. Good grief...
Or cooking midnight chow for the Army.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Vindman, needs to go before a board and tried for violating the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Stripped of his rank, and thrown out of the Army. He's a traitor to his country.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
He's the only caliber rat schiff can find to dance with.

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tracks
What a puzzy. A sad little jumped up major who got his fellers hurt when the president, not a professional diplomat, pissed in his little Rice bowl.

To add a little levity to the thread. Always good to know the difference between a Major and a Lt Col. grin

To be honest I have a bit of bias against Majors and Lt. Commanders, some of the most inept people I have ever known have ended their careers at that rank. For others it is just a pause while they get on with their lives.
I assume Vindman was a natural O2 who became a politician in order to rise above his natural inability.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope the fugger perjures himself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Commie-Traitor's road to success now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

He is O-5, fwiw.

0-5 is doable by most officers if they want it and move along a certain "golden path" for their particular speciality, even the edges of that path. 0-6 to some extent and certainly 0-7 in any branch is VERY political and just being a good officer is not enough. The flags who select flags select those they like and the years of the Obama reign had a very real affect on the types of people that were selected. They message is very clear to the 0-5's wanting to move up. "be like us".

Gotcha!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Vindman, needs to go before a board and tried for violating the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Stripped of his rank, and thrown out of the Army. He's a traitor to his country.

Nothing is going to happen to him other than the fact that he will go nowhere from now on.

MM

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
He's a traitor to his country.

Nah, as a first generation, paper American jew, he has shown due loyalty...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Laughin' all the way to the bank.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Muh purple heart!!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.