Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...end up with a head like this if your people don't move out of Utah soon enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_McMullin

BP-B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,...if ya wanna make some money in Utah,...open up a hat shop that starts at size 8.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Worked with a guy years ago. Shop forklift operator. Corn fed Ohio boy. Good guy and good buddy at work. He was shacked up with his ol lady. First cousin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No hanky-panky here, just strange coincidence....

I'm gonna call names (not their real ones) so this will be easier to explain. My Mom's mother is Sue, Sue's mother is Joy. Joy died while Sue was a small baby and Sue's dad married Joy's widowed sister named Betty. Betty had been married to my Mom's great uncle Bill on her Dad's side of the family. This made Betty my (step) great grandmother on my mom's mother's side of the family and my great-great-aunt on my mom's dad's side of the family. Everyone called her Aunt Betty.

I dont know of any cousin's marrying, but there is a family I know where the girls marry young... I mean like 13 and 14 years old. They have to have parental permission and the parents give it. I know 3 generations of the family and a couple of the girls married at 13, but most waited until the were 15 or 16.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
adam & eve had nearly perfect dna? that is, adam & eve had the same dna?

then the variations (evolution?) began to assert themselves.

gamma rays, x-rays, falls on the head, etc. etc.

od's of mushrooms, apple brandy, etc. etc.

given time changes occurred.

mistakes built up higher.

then, interbreeding.

is that about it?

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
We had double cousins on one side of family. Brothers and sisters from one family all married brothers and sisters from another family.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
We had double cousins on one side of family. Brothers and sisters from one family all married brothers and sisters from another family.

would we have to go back some 6,000 years for all of our ancestors to be adam & eve?

that'd be a question for ringman, maybe and he ain't signed in on this august thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bob, we don't have any in our family, but I know of several families like that.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Randy,

You talking in that thread above about Joy, Sue, and Betty. The photo I posted above. My gGrandmaw in that pick, well her dad (my gg grandpaw) ended up marrying her mom’s sister (aunt), after her mom died. And she had a whole passle of 1/2 brother and sister cousins!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 11/19/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the beauty of geneology is that at some point in the past, every body was akin to everybody.

but that was afar back in time and space. after the point in time when people were no longer akin to each other, then red hair emerged?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
We told our kids they have to leave town to date. I think we are related to too many people they go to school with for any long term plans.

Growing up in a small town, I knew everyone and when I graduated high school, I counted the people that lived in the city limits. At that time, there was 117 citizens and I was kin to 92 of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have five in Canada. My one of my father’s sisters married one of my mother’s brothers. Big families, small town.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have two double first cousins. Mom's brother married dad's sister. i always thought it was like- there was one sucker there, maybe there's another.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My grandmother married the nephew of her first husband and had a bunch more kids so my mom has some half brothers and half sisters that are also cousins.

The original families who settled that area all intermarried and keeping track of who was related to who and how they were related was a chore to say the least.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Incest is best if it's kept in the family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My mom is married to my uncle. They were each married to siblings (my dad and aunt, his sister). After spouses passed (my mom and dad divorced when I was young and she remarried) they started talking. Next thing you know my mom is on the phone with me while I was in Taiwan ( 5:00 AM) telling me that she and my uncle Ray are getting together. Wasn't really sure I heard it right. Had to get back to the US and talk with her again about it.

That said, even though there's no blood and he's from Tennessee, still makes people pause when I tell them.

They're madly in love and he is simply the finest man I've ever known. We should all be so lucky as to find such love in our lives.

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steve
My mom is married to my uncle. They were each married to siblings (my dad and aunt, his sister). After spouses passed (my mom and dad divorced when I was young and she remarried) they started talking. Next thing you know my mom is on the phone with me while I was in Taiwan ( 5:00 AM) telling me that she and my uncle Ray are getting together. Wasn't really sure I heard it right. Had to get back to the US and talk with her again about it.

That said, even though there's no blood and he's from Tennessee, still makes people pause when I tell them.

They're madly in love and he is simply the finest man I've ever known. We should all be so lucky as to find such love in our lives.

Life is complicated. May they be blessed with many years of health and happiness.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
I have over 30 female first cousins. Six of them were born the same year as me. Add in another six a year older or younger and I was surrounded with girls my age. I tapped a few of them when I when I was in my teens and twenty's. Played I'll show you mine if you show me yours with a bunch during the puberty years.
A little youthful play is different from marring and raising kids.

Guess I'm the other end of the scale.

I have no aunts, no uncles, and no first cousins.

Both my parents were an only child.

You almost didn’t happen...

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We have it easy. The young folks in Iceland are said to carry their genealogy information with them; when they meet someone of interest, they can compare family trees and learn that they can or can't date / marry / procreate with the other.

Small towns in Wyoming are somewhat similar to the island nation of Iceland. The kids are essentially all related and need to go beyond their neighborhood for the betterment of the species.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
My mom's family came to America in 1649 we can not point the date but it was the same for my dad's so growing up in North East PA after 300 years of family you had to go out of the county and maybe find someone not related smile

Ted
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
144 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,429 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.