Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
While I feel bad for this family but there's no excuses for this kinda stuff.. Simply blatant disregard of gun safety rules. Know your target and what lies beyond!!

All the deer bred cannot make up for one man dead!!!!

Last edited by Highoctane; 11/18/19.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
This wasn't the only hunting accident as the season opened in Michigan. Police say two boys ages 4 and 6 were injured when a gun discharged while their father was preparing to go hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Snap shooting. When I was a kid in rural Pa we were warned not to stray about too far. Snap shooting was popular for old farts who figured nobody should be on "their" mountain anyway. Particularly that neighbor who told the feds where the still was.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The article says that the deputies responded at 5:30. The shooting obviously took place some amount of time before that.

Reading comprehension seems to match that guy's hunting skills.

Good job picking all that apart there "Colombo"

Could've already been well beyond usable light when/where it happened. For instance, a deep hollow, a shadowed bluff, a thick pine thicket.

Oh yeah, and just because you only have a 1974 flip phone, doesn't mean they could not have called it in 10 minutes before the deputies responded. Usually when a shooting is called, the police respond 10/100.

Maybe you could lean a little more on the ability of common deducement instead of a sniped jab at the OP.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by persiandog
DETROIT – One Michigan brother accidentally shot another while hunting together on Saturday, police said.

At around 5:30 p.m. deputies responded to a field in Boston Township, Michigan, for a report of an accidental shooting.

The brothers were looking for a deer that one of the brothers had shot earlier but became separated during a search in the dense corn, the sheriff's office said.

One brother, a 29-year-old, thought he saw and heard the deer moving and fired his muzzle loading rifle. The man, realizing he shot his brother, a 28-year-old, and not the deer, immediately called 911.

The injured brother was flown to a hospital where he is listed in serious but stable condition.

The deer was not located. The investigation is ongoing.

This wasn't the only hunting accident as the season opened in Michigan. Police say two boys ages 4 and 6 were injured when a gun discharged while their father was preparing to go hunting.

how is this possible ?

Sound shots.

And by being a dumb ass.

That!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
It seems that this happens in Michigan every year.

Lived there when I was a kid and my dad refeused to go hunting during rifle season - bow only. Too many jugheads hunt in the morning, drive into town to watch the game at a bar during lunch and down some drinks and head back to blind. He swore he saw that in every town in Michigan during hunting season, and we'd have these reports every year.

In the rare event I hunt away from our property I where two headlamps--pointing front and rear--in really low light when entering or exiting the area. Too many horror stories every year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
how is this possible ?

Stupidity!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
how is this possible ?
It is easy for me to see how this is possible. In low light I've seen what I was almost sure was a deer or at least an animal that was actually an inanimate feature of the landscape. Often something that even though it had been there all along it looked way different in the last few minutes of legal shooting time. When I taught hunter safety I cautioned students that there are legally blind people and color blind people out there hunting. A fair percent of the deer hunting accident victims are wearing hunter orange. You don't have to pass a vision test to get a hunting license. A flashlight is highly advisable.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i sent this to my brother with the subject "see ya saturday bitch"

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
was his name john hunter by chance......

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dont they teach Hunter Education in Michigan?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DETROIT – One Michigan brother accidentally shot another while hunting together on Saturday, police said.

At around 5:30 p.m. deputies responded to a field in Boston Township, Michigan, for a report of an accidental shooting.

The brothers were looking for a deer that one of the brothers had shot earlier but became separated during a search in the dense corn, the sheriff's office said.

One brother, a 29-year-old, thought he saw and heard the deer moving and fired his muzzle loading rifle. The man, realizing he shot his brother, a 28-year-old, and not the deer, immediately called 911.

The injured brother was flown to a hospital where he is listed in serious but stable condition.

how is this possible ?

I hope he saved the liver and heart.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork

I teach hunters safety in Michigan, but you can’t fix stupid!!!

Keep your finger on it the trigger, muzzle in a safe direction, and be sure of your target and what’s beyond!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

how is this possible ?

I guess when they heard "Be sure of your target" in their hunting safety course classes they never paid attention. This actually falls into lack of common sense or dumber then a box of rocks. He should not possess a hunting license ever.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
sibling rivalry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by jnyork

I teach hunters safety in Michigan, but you can’t fix stupid!!!

Keep your finger on it the trigger, muzzle in a safe direction, and be sure of your target and what’s beyond!!!!

yes, and we'll make an example...which is what i did about the two guys attacked by their own deer a few weeks ago out west, one of whom was killed

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

how is this possible ?

How big was its rack?

Pls pardon double post Persian.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/20/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Instead of criticizing the shooter you should be praising him for being sharp enough to notice it wasn't a deer prior to field dressing him.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Instead of criticizing the shooter you should be praising him for being sharp enough to notice it wasn't a deer prior to field dressing him.

Would hate to figure it out while getting your second helping of "deer" stew.......

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Of course....the deer would taste like pork......causing some initial confusion.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,334
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.