Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, now that my nerves have settled, while returning from quail hunting and deer scouting Monday, I evidently pissed a Napolean complex nut off in heavy I-20 traffic while headed home after dark while west of town.

The guy was driving a jacked up F250 with huge tires and auxiliary lighting in front which he turned on bright as he rode my bumper. I called 911 and police answered and I told them the story after this had gone on several miles.

They informed me i was in the county and said they had to connect me to sheriff's office though i was a mile from city limits. So, i repeated the story, my and his vehicle description, direction, location, name, phone number, etc.

Buy that time I was in the city limits and referred back to city. This chick nee nada re situation so I went through the same show again. Finally, Leo is on the way. Miles later no LEO and now I'm on East side of Odessa. Nut was trying to pull up on my left and I took the off ramp. He almost wrecked but came off also.
I get to the intersection stop sign and turn north to go through town and call 911 again as I start to get concerned and tell the next know nada chick the whole story again. Hey dummy, its shift change time and they are just exchanging cars. By this time I'm cussing cop shop out and telling them they best get LEO on the scene as I have been hunting, have a loaded gun and schiett is getting serious and I dont plan on getting my ass beat up tonight. She asked me what I wanted Leo to do. I said they might be able to save someone's ass. I asked if she would just let a nut follow her home who had been on her ass forv15 min.
She agreed she probably wouldnt.

A couple miles and stop lights later, I reach the last main street running east and west, having driven from 1st to 42nd. Nut was following but sometimes another vehicle was between us. At 42 traffic was stopped up and I took the left turn lane to head back west through town. Never fear, Leo is own their way to save the day. Miles later and several red lights later, one of which was turning red as I ran it, as did death wish guy as i informed Leo chick on phone i got to the N -S Andrew's hwy with Coliseum on the right. I had decided to pull over there and let schit go down, mouth so dry I could barely talk on the phone.

AR 15 in passenger seat, bird shot gun by it, Hammerli 22 in hand when I saw Leo lights a quarter mile ahead on the left. I proceed on west past parking lot and asked LEO chick if cop could drop writing a speeding ticket to maybe save a life. No response to that but Leo is on the way.

I'm in 6 lanes north of busy cop when I slowly drive past and nut pulls to center west lane a slowly pulls up beside me. I hit brakes and pull behind him and relay his liscence plate no. as he pulls into left no 1 lane and I follow in heavytraffic.

He stops suddenly and opens the door and bails out. Saftey goes off on hammerli as he approaches with left arm behind his back. [bleep]. No Monday night TV for me tonight. When do I shoot him I wonder. He gets to window as I put pistol in his face to shoot waiting for left hand to end him. Calm. Focused. Should I have already fired. As I'm squeezing trigger he shows right hand empty but he reaches out and taps my window with his left kuckle. With gun in his face I lower window a crack and tell him Leo is coming and has his number. The short Hispanic dances back and says, you cut me off, man, as he pulls his dark tshirt up and turns to show only a sheath knife on his hip. I said you almost died. He said he had called Leo re me and gave them my number as he turned to leave.

He ran and made the climb back up to his cab and hauled ass south. I told Leo chick I just almost killed a guy. She wanted me to wait for Leo to file a report. I said I didnt know if i could trust Leo. That hurt. She asked why and i said i just spent 20 [bleep] minutes waiting for LEO.

She said they had the calls from west to east to north to west and I had his ass. I consented and drove drove another quarter west and pulled into a huge Stripes with big rig faciliets on west side loop and wated a few minutes more.

Crap, 730 and I'm missing the game. Went back across town on same road to HEB, bot organic chicken breasts and a big bottle of delicious Liberty Creek Cab and bag of not baby spinach and headed home for a gin and tonic, TV and couch. Leo chick called back on the way to heb and I told her I was headed home for another BP pill.

She said I shud come to cop shop in AM and make a report and gave me the case No.

Yesterday I cancelled the trip to NM to check out quail pop on a rare light wind day before buying out of state lic and putting out trail cameras south of Red Bluff lake and went to Sheriffs office instead of police and gave a report in case he decided to file for gun pointed at him and for record in case of a later drive by.

Any ideas by the patriotic fire guys on what you woulda and I should do shoulda done?

Deputy said nut job was a nut job to follow, stop, get outta truck, approach me, approach with hand behind back and woulda died if he did that to the deputy, in so many words.

I'm wondering if I should still go to cops and file a report. Do they ever warn someone they came a hair from having a bullet in the face?

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/20/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As soon as it started pull over and force him to either go by or get out of his truck. It's the protracted confrontation that became the bigger problem. It's not worth the blood pressure spike to play that game.

LOL
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I reckon you're right, but I only realized the guy was a nut miles later when he pulled off I 20 behind me. I had thought he would just travel on his way.

I PTL i didnt have to hire a lowyer.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not sure what else you could have done.

I guess not cut the guy off in the first place! wink

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Have something more than a 22 handy.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's hard to chase anybody on four flat tires- - - - - - -and a radiator with a few holes in it from a shotgun.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
It's hard to chase anybody on four flat tires- - - - - - -and a radiator with a few holes in it from a shotgun.

Pure fantasy.

Most could't accomplish that even with a door gunner handy.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wouldn't presume to give you advice. It's a wonderment the cops didn't have time to show up to prevent a shooting, but have plenty of time for the after-action report. So much for preventative policing. Let's all just how they don't have any more time to do stuff after these Red F ag laws get passed.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 11/20/19.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It works on deer poachers who spotlight on the ridge above my farm.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Jaguartx, you and he survived what could have been a catastrophe. Congrats on that! I am glad you're okay.

The other guy couldn't let his 'affront' , real or imagined, go and almost paid for it in a big way. Meanwhile you're trying to drive with what was probably blinding light coming in the rear window. And if you stop you don't know what the guy would do. Bad situation. I doubt he called anybody.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never volunteer information the police about your self. You could drive to the police station in the time he was following.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Have something more than a 22 handy.

Amen. I debated on using the 223 but thought in the truck, the pistol would be able to move more free.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by g5m
Jaguartx, you and he survived what could have been a catastrophe. Congrats on that! I am glad you're okay.

The other guy couldn't let his 'affront' , real or imagined, go and almost paid for it in a big way. Meanwhile you're trying to drive with what was probably blinding light coming in the rear window. And if you stop you don't know what the guy would do. Bad situation. I doubt he called anybody.

Very good. Thanks.

Leo chick said he did not call in. Deputy said if he does call in he will be stepping in a noose.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Never volunteer information the police about your self. You could drive to the police station in the time he was following.

I considered that but couldnt figure out how to get help otherwise.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Should I report to police? Do they ever have a talk with a perp unless charges are filed?

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That could have gone either way. I can't say what I would have done differently but glad I wasn't in your position. Glad you're OK.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by smarquez
That could have gone either way. I can't say what I would have done differently but glad I wasn't in your position. Glad you're OK.

Thanks, S.

I felt like I was shorting myself by not shooting him as he was coming toward me with hand behind his back.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I reckon you're right, but I only realized the guy was a nut miles later when he pulled off I 20 behind me. I had thought he would just travel on his way.

I PTL i didnt have to hire a lowyer.

The instant he turns his lights on and gets on your bumper you know you have a problem. Nip it in the bud before your blood pressure escalates. Things get exponentially harder when you get upset.

Another thing to do is drive to the busiest, best lit gas station you can find. At least if you get in an altercation someone will witness the whole thing, including him following you with his lights on and him getting out of his vehicle and coming up to your car, in other words, being the instigator. If you end up on trial for murder it looks better if he contributed to his demise rather than some sleazeball defense attorney making it sound like he was minding his own business, you nearly ran him off the road then you chased and murdered him.

As far as how you handled the gun part of it, it sounds like you did show the right restraint, but like the cop alluded to, he could have pulled that hand and fired before you could react. He was a VERY real threat and I'd say you got lucky.

This brings up another point about lights. People get butthurt real quick when you blind them.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/20/19.

LOL
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
By all means file a police report! It's insurance against being accused. First to file usually gets treated as the victim, at least at first.

Be not weary in well doing.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2
As soon as it started pull over and force him to either go by or get out of his truck. It's the protracted confrontation that became the bigger problem. It's not worth the blood pressure spike to play that game.

Yep. He was risking others’ lives driving the way he did. Had there been something serious go down w/ loss of life police woulda been in a world of hurt liability-wise I’d think.

1911 in my center console would be the “greeting” but I’m pretty hesitant to draw like you so I get it!

Glad it all turned out alright. I don’t think I’d pursue w/ cops it obviously wasn’t that important to them to begin with.

When seconds count the police are just minutes away....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.