Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Hookset
Yes. Almost 28 years. We've been through some tough times and some amazing times. The key is both of us just being too hard-headed to quit. Too many folks quit when times get hard and never discover how awesome it can be on the other side.
Unfortunately, she's got stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her brain, so we don't have many (if any) anniversaries left. But we're making the most of the time we have left.
If you are married, try to remember that life is fragile and tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Make the most of it.

Yes I was very happy for 31 1/2 years,I lost my wife Aug 13 last year to stomach cancer that made it to her spine.Hookset that is spot on. Life is fragile and tomorrow isnt guaranteed. Ps Cancer sucks.

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The first best thing in my life is being Saved by Jesus. The second best is my wife.

Good combo. First helps the second.

42 yrs with the same woman. Swappin way too expensive.

DF

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thought long and hard about this thread, and the question posed all day. Some folks have different ways of dealing with things. Ergo some of my answers. But the bottom line is no. I’m not happy. Mater of fact I am completely phuqing miserable. And there’s really not a damn thing I can do about the situation except deal with the anger, bitterness, vitrol, and negativity as it comes and try to do as much damage control as I can.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, I'm very happy being married. 41 years and counting. We have two children and four grandchildren.
Life is great for us. I'm so blessed.
Thank you Lord.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There's lots of talk about marriage here on the Fire lately.

Some good. Some great. And some not so good.

You can't pick your family. But you CAN pick your spouse... grin

How'd you do?

Are you happily married?

very happy to have a "Proverbs 31 wife". advice to young men; never think it is or should be "50-50". It is not. It is 2 that together make 100%.
The two shall become ONE flesh.
Kid, out.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. Married in December 1981. I'm blessed beyond measure. Photo taken at my daughter's promotion ceremony when she made Captain in the USAF a few years ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thought long and hard about this thread, and the question posed all day. Some folks have different ways of dealing with things. Ergo some of my answers. But the bottom line is no. I’m not happy. Mater of fact I am completely phuqing miserable. And there’s really not a damn thing I can do about the situation except deal with the anger, bitterness, vitrol, and negativity as it comes and try to do as much damage control as I can.

frown

frown

I do still pray for you both.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Good luck Bob.

Hope you get some sunshine on your shoulders soon.

You are in my thoughts often..........says a fellow screwball from Montana!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a couple of disasters, but I am a fortunate but poor man now. She doesn't care that we're not rich.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it could have been betta, could have been worse or worser still.

two ph.d's in the family, my wife and my daughter.

if it had been left to me, i'd been a bum.

but that wasn't allowed. that was that.

five beautiful Grands. very good that.

i believe each husband and each wife have about 30 different choices.

sometimes it works to a T, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not any longer. I think I have an understanding of kaywoodie's answer. For me the struggle ended, but the anger & bitterness remain. It's still difficult to get past that.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated. I probably shouldn’t have written all that. Like I was bitchin’. But I’m ok. It just all gets real, real old after a while. I try find positive ways to deal with it.

I know there’s lots of folks out there got it lots worse! 😉.

Leaving in the morning for deep south Texas. Be back sunday. That will help immensely!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tmitch
Not any longer. I think I have an understanding of kaywoodie's answer. For me the struggle ended, but the anger & bitterness remain. It's still difficult to get past that.

that's pretty much how i feel about p. johnson and how he managed to terrorize a nation. we all have our challenges and pitfalls to manuever through. the best we can do is hope to learn and advance in our individual development.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
YES!

I thank God everyday for allowing me the honor and privilege of spending my life with someone as beautiful and sweet as my wife. I never get tired of being around her and I look forward to many more decades together.

I’ve read through this thread and I’ve said a number of prayers for those of you that are struggling with health issues, marital issues and for those that have lost their loved one.

Some guys took a time or 2 to get it right and finally married the one they’re supposed to be with, others (like me) lucked out and got it right the first time. I’ll only ever be married once because there’s nobody else that could compare to my wife, in my eyes at least.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I couldn’t be happier. We get along wonderfully and have 3 amazing kids

I’m fully aware I outkicked my coverage when my wife married me. No doubt about it

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated. I probably shouldn’t have written all that. Like I was bitchin’. But I’m ok. It just all gets real, real old after a while. I try find positive ways to deal with it.

Leaving in the morning for deep south Texas. Be back sunday. That will help immensely!

Turn dat cell phone off! grin

Enjoy that trip, too!

Post pics!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Extremely.

Never enough time or money, but dang we sure love each other...To paraphrase Willie Nelson, loving her is the easiest thing I do. I really need to tell her that more often.

Not to say we don't fight, and we had to work hard at keeping it together in the early years, but it's all been worth it.

Exactly.

Not much else to say. 43 years on the first one, so far.

I wouldn't want to start over new when I'm this close to getting this one trained.

Last edited by JackRyan; 11/20/19.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Turn dat cell phone off! grin

Enjoy that trip, too!

Post pics!

Yep, have a safe, exciting & pleasurable trip Bob !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=joken2]
We've stuck together through ups and downs 49 years so far. First and only marriage for both of us.

> 45 years and my only marriage to the same great lady. and its hard to beat a John Prine song too !

Last edited by pete53; 11/20/19.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
49 years and still getting along fine.

living the good life every day
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.