Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated. I probably shouldn’t have written all that. Like I was bitchin’. But I’m ok. It just all gets real, real old after a while. I try find positive ways to deal with it. I know there’s lots of folks out there got it lots worse! 😉.
Leaving in the morning for deep south Texas. Be back sunday. That will help immensely!

Been thinkin' about you lots, Bob, and hoping for the best. Have a great trip - enjoy the camaraderie and say "Hi" for me.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hookset
Yes. Almost 28 years. We've been through some tough times and some amazing times. The key is both of us just being too hard-headed to quit. Too many folks quit when times get hard and never discover how awesome it can be on the other side.
Unfortunately, she's got stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her brain, so we don't have many (if any) anniversaries left. But we're making the most of the time we have left.
If you are married, try to remember that life is fragile and tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Make the most of it.
I don't even know what to say but god bless you both.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, best decision I ever made. 41 years next May. Still my best friend, and that is what gets us through.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
this thread is a reminder that marriages can and do last.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Quite often a common impression of men, perhaps even more so of manly men, would be that they could not or would not share their feelings so openly. It is very nice to see that this is not true all the time. I am not married yet. I do hope that when I find my other half, that I will be blessed to find a man who will love and respect me as much as some of you do your wives smile

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by CCCC
Thanks fellas! Much appreciated. I probably shouldn’t have written all that. Like I was bitchin’. But I’m ok. It just all gets real, real old after a while. I try find positive ways to deal with it. I know there’s lots of folks out there got it lots worse! 😉.
Leaving in the morning for deep south Texas. Be back sunday. That will help immensely!

Been thinkin' about you lots, Bob, and hoping for the best. Have a great trip - enjoy the camaraderie and say "Hi" for me.

Thanks Paul. Small hunt this weekend. Young son and ranch owner. Appreciate it!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Hookset
Yes. Almost 28 years. We've been through some tough times and some amazing times. The key is both of us just being too hard-headed to quit. Too many folks quit when times get hard and never discover how awesome it can be on the other side.
Unfortunately, she's got stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her brain, so we don't have many (if any) anniversaries left. But we're making the most of the time we have left.
If you are married, try to remember that life is fragile and tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Make the most of it.

Prayers being sent for your wife. God bless her, you and your loved ones during this difficult time and always.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
But you CAN pick your spouse... grin

How'd you do?

Are you happily married?

When I felt God’s call on my life to seek a mate I asked Him to pick her out. He did, I proposed & we have spent 36 wonderful years together since.

“He who finds a wife finds a good thing & obtains favor from The Lord.”
Proverbs 18:22

That is kind of what I did too. I prayed about it a lot. She showed up and life with her has been fantastic ever since. Over 16 years now.

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 11/20/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thought long and hard about this thread, and the question posed all day. Some folks have different ways of dealing with things. Ergo some of my answers. But the bottom line is no. I’m not happy. Mater of fact I am completely phuqing miserable. And there’s really not a damn thing I can do about the situation except deal with the anger, bitterness, vitrol, and negativity as it comes and try to do as much damage control as I can.

You are not alone.

Hang in there.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t think I could make it without mine. I wish the hell she would quit smoking. She went about 4 months, but started back again.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes. We were married in 1992 and we both wouldn't want it any other way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll have to check with my wife.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Thought long and hard about this thread, and the question posed all day. Some folks have different ways of dealing with things. Ergo some of my answers. But the bottom line is no. I’m not happy. Mater of fact I am completely phuqing miserable. And there’s really not a damn thing I can do about the situation except deal with the anger, bitterness, vitrol, and negativity as it comes and try to do as much damage control as I can.

You are not alone.

Hang in there.

Sorry to hear that boys. I hung on 'till the kids were out of school then bailed. 12 1/2 miserable years.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PrairieKat
Quite often a common impression of men, perhaps even more so of manly men, would be that they could not or would not share their feelings so openly. It is very nice to see that this is not true all the time. I am not married yet. I do hope that when I find my other half, that I will be blessed to find a man who will love and respect me as much as some of you do your wives smile

some realize that most cases women marry beneath their station, men if lucky marry above their station.
my wife and i have had some pretty serious things the last couple of months, health wise, that i hope resolve themselves.
she made the comment today if something happens to her, i should find another one.
I am sure she knows as i have told her enough times that is impossible, could never duplicate what she has been for me.
If something does happen, most likely i will just become a hermit.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/20/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes, Happy. 44 years tomorrow.

lightman
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pretty rocky at times but still going strong at 35 years. It's the second marriage for both of us. She's the kindest woman I've ever known. I'm lucky to have her as my wife.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Best thing that ever happened to me she is the best

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
35 years here.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Except when we are not! Its the sex that is keeping us together for the last 54 years, wink grin GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very happy. I’m married to my best friend and can’t imagine life without her. We will celebrate 27 years of marriage in a few months.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

579 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,300
Posts18,449,033
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.