Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I think that they likely are. Even though the impeachment inquiry is a sham, I don't see any way that they can/will decline to hold an impeachment vote in the full House. There are, I think, 31 democrat representatives from districts that Trump won in 2016. Those representatives are going to be between a rock and a hard place. If they vote to impeach, they piss off independents, who bought their bs in 2018 and voted for them. If they vote to not impeach, they piss off party leaders and their base. Either way, some of them are hurting their chances for 2020.

If they hold the vote and lose because of some democrat defections, the party leadership looks like the pathetic, hateful, vindictive losers that they are. That can't be helpful to 2020 democrats in House, Senate or Presidential races.

If they vote to impeach along party lines, it shows that the whole impeachment process has been nothing but a partisan attack on Trump, who they have been attacking for more than three years now.

Schiff might be able to set the rules for the House impeachment inquiry, but Senate Republicans will set the rules for an impeachment trial. It is pretty likely that the Senate would require that the trial follow the Federal Rules of Evidence. Most of what we've heard/seen, during the inquiry, would be excluded either as hearsay or simply not being relevant. Also, Schiff wouldn't be in charge of who gets called and what questions are asked. In fact, it is likely that Schiff, himself, would be called as a witness. He would be destroyed during cross (I assume that the FREs allow for the cross examination of adverse witnesses the same as the Michigan Rules of Evidence). Also the whistleblower (actually the criminal leaker-- not a real whistleblower), Hunter Biden and Joe Biden could be called. The Senate trial could turn into a public disaster for the democrats.

What's your take?

Last edited by acy; 11/20/19. Reason: Needed to spell Shifty's name correctly.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I think you have a pretty good analysis, but I have no idea which way it's going to go. Everything seems so crazy, We're just gonna have to wait and see it play out

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just hope the dimashitts shoot them selfs in the head and quit this stupid chitt

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope you are right!!!!

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 44mc
I just hope the dimashitts shoot them selfs in the head and quit this stupid chitt

Would be nice, but I think the democrats have too much invested in attacking Trump. They won't stop for at least five more years, and maybe not even then.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If this goes to the senate, the Republicans will be in charge and can call any witness they wish. The Dummycrats will be sorry it went that far because you know they will call the supposed "whistleblower" to testify, the Dems will try and fight it but will have no choice. One other thing, they need to call that pencil neck geek Schiff to testify under oath, he's been nothing but a lying scumbag and this will give the GOP a chance to get his sorry azz on perjury. That's my take anyways.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The corrupt Dems will regret this coup attempt for years to come.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by acy
I think that they likely are. Even though the impeachment inquiry is a sham, I don't see any way that they can/will decline to hold an impeachment vote in the full House. There are, I think, 31 democrat representatives from districts that Trump won in 2016. Those representatives are going to be between a rock and a hard place. If they vote to impeach, they piss off independents, who bought their bs in 2018 and voted for them. If they vote to not impeach, they piss off party leaders and their base. Either way, some of them are hurting their chances for 2020.

If they hold the vote and lose because of some democrat defections, the party leadership looks like the pathetic, hateful, vindictive losers that they are. That can't be helpful to 2020 democrats in House, Senate or Presidential races.

If they vote to impeach along party lines, it shows that the whole impeachment process has been nothing but a partisan attack on Trump, who they have been attacking for more than three years now.

Shiff might be able to set the rules for the House impeachment inquiry, but Senate Republicans will set the rules for an impeachment trial. It is pretty likely that the Senate would require that the trial follow the Federal Rules of Evidence. Most of what we've heard/seen, during the inquiry, would be excluded either as hearsay or simply not being relevant. Also, Shiff wouldn't be in charge of who gets called and what questions are asked. In fact, it is likely that Shiff, himself, would be called as a witness. He would be destroyed during cross (I assume that the FREs allow for the cross examination of adverse witnesses the same as the Michigan Rules of Evidence). Also the whistleblower (actually the criminal leaker-- not a real whistleblower), Hunter Biden and Joe Biden could be called. The Senate trial could turn into a public disaster for the democrats.

What's your take?

I think you've got it. The only way they dare not push this through to a full House vote is if the public polling shows significant anger and potential mobilization of the GOP/Trump voting block and apathy by the middle. That will be the signs that Trump has won, and voting to impeach will piss the voters off to the point that Trump wins 350 electoral votes and the House back.

The only possible out I see for Pelosi is for her at the end of the day to say "We have all the evidence of High Crimes and Misdemeanors, but have no confidence in the GOP controlled Senate to its duty. Therefore, we will let the American people speak at the polls in a few months".

Otherwise, they vote, it goes to the Senate and is dismissed and Trump becomes a sympathetic figure to many in the middle (a la Bill Clinton). GOP voters are pissed and turn out in historic numbers and Dems take an extraordinary beating in the House.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree the Dem's end game is a head scratcher, my best guess is pure desperation..... for example the I.G. report came out today and not a word by the MSM.
They also hope to create doubt going into the election, problem is poll's show Trump gaining support..
This could be the end for these Dem's.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
If this goes to the senate, the Republicans will be in charge and can call any witness they wish. The Dummycrats will be sorry it went that far because you know they will call the supposed "whistleblower" to testify, the Dems will try and fight it but will have no choice. One other thing, they need to call that pencil neck geek Schiff to testify under oath, he's been nothing but a lying scumbag and this will give the GOP a chance to get his sorry azz on perjury. That's my take anyways.

Can you imagine if the GOP in the Senate call witnesses and expose Biden fully and HRC and Uranium 1? Talk about backfiring!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't think so. We would like to perceive it that way but I think our country is so divided, with so few fence-sitters, that their mistakes don't cost them nor do our mistakes cost us. People have made up their minds which party they'll vote for already and there just is not much that will move them in either direction. I don't see anyone supporting Bernie or Hillary in the past changing to become a Trump supporter nor do I see any Trump supporters jumping ship to vote democrat. The lines have been drawn, sides have been taken, and .. no, to answer your question, even if something SHOULD paint someone into a corner, we are too divided for that to make one iota of difference.

Tom

Last edited by T_O_M; 11/20/19.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The criminals and traitors simply won't honor subpoenas or answer questions, stating "it's Trump who is on trial".

DC is completely out of control and needs a flushing.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I don't think so. We would like to perceive it that way but I think our country is so divided, with so few fence-sitters, that their mistakes don't cost them nor do our mistakes cost us. People have made up their minds which party they'll vote for already and there just is not much that will move them in either direction. I don't see anyone supporting Bernie or Hillary in the past changing to become a Trump supporter nor do I see any Trump supporters jumping ship to vote democrat. The lines have been drawn, sides have been taken, and .. no, to answer your question, even if something SHOULD paint someone into a corner, we are too divided for that to make one iota of difference.

Tom

I agree 100% with this.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The democrat base is loving this. They imagine that Mr. Trump is living in total anguish. I really think Mr. Trump has decided to let the democrats play their stupid game and take a vote. I think Acy is on to something. Let them vote and then see if it causes them headaches next November. I personally think the democrats will lose in November if we conservatives (and republicans) continue to support Constitutionalist and conservative candidates.

But, if we snooze and get complacent the dems are going to wipe the floor with us. Also keep in mind the dems are going to cheat at every opportunity. We can't let one vote slip buy us.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Since these SHAM impeachment hearings began and up to and including today, Trump's poll #s are going up. Reported today on Fox that there has been an increase among independents by 10% OPPOSING impeachment.

Furthermore among swing states such as Wisconsin, a 2% increase opposing impeachment.

So according to poll #s, YEP the demeeeRATS are painting themselves into a corner.....

GOOD!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I listened to liberals calling in to a conservative radio show today. They're completely insane and blinded to the truth. They're not going away w/o help.

LOL
A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Tom

I can't argue with this, either. I know that there is nothing that could make me vote for a democrat, at any level. I don't have any idea how many people are "on the fence". It's hard to imagine many, but who really knows. I know that I don't know any of them. Especially as it relates to Trump. The key is likely voter enthusiasms. If the democrats come off bad enough, it could really hurt them in turnout. That's my thought, anyway.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here we go, another feel good post. But what else is there to do!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I figure if the whistle blower gates called out , he will have a terrible accident or some “convienient” Trump supporter will off him and give the media and libs another circus rent to sell tickets too.
Kenneth

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Here we go, another feel good post. But what else is there to do!

I don't feel the least bit good about the state of politics in this country. Doesn't change the validity of my opinion, or the opinion of others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 1minute, 16penny, 44 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,590
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.