-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had one, minimal collector value. I wanted to like it on account of my father carried one on Okinawa. Never could warm up to it tho, so I traded it off for an unfired “Irish” Enfield.

But dang, after seeing that video, now I want to visit Luxembourg.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I picked one up this spring after a fella let me shoot his at the range. I was hooked, my buddies brother needed some money and sold me H&R for $800 52 receiver with a 54 barrel. I shoot mine, it's a blast. I shot it in a cmp vintage rifle shoot as well. Far as load I use 46.4 H4895, wlr, 168gr hornady bthp, 3.340

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I had one, minimal collector value. I wanted to like it on account of my father carried one on Okinawa. Never could warm up to it tho, so I traded it off for an unfired “Irish” Enfield.

But dang, after seeing that video, now I want to visit Luxembourg.

And you are still an idiot..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
I got an IH Garand in the 1980s through one of the greatest trades I ever had. It wasn't stolen because I got it from a Sheriff's deputy. I killed my first deer with it in 1983. It will be passed down in the family, I'll never sell it.

I got my IH through DCM back in the early 90s. This was before you could select your rifle, it's just what showed up in the mail. $165 shipped.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Here’s is my H&R. It’s a ton of fun to shoot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Yes, I am still pissed at myself.

A few years ago Springfield purchased a warehouse full of Garand parts in Italy. They assembled a bunch of brand new rifles in 308 and 30-06 from those vintage parts. At least one of them came into our local Sportsman's Whse for (I think) about $600.

And I failed to bring one home.

after the war my understanding is that winchester's equipment was shipped to italy. I do know P beretta was the contractor rebuilding garands etc for the danes, and probably others.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

A few years ago Springfield purchased a warehouse full of Garand parts in Italy. They assembled a bunch of brand new rifles in 308 and 30-06 from those vintage parts. At least one of them came into our local Sportsman's Whse for (I think) about $600.

after the war my understanding is that winchester's equipment was shipped to italy. I do know P beretta was the contractor rebuilding garands etc for the danes, and probably others.
Originally Posted by 79S
I picked one up this spring after a fella let me shoot his at the range. I was hooked, my buddies brother needed some money and sold me H&R for $800 52 receiver with a 54 barrel. I shoot mine, it's a blast. I shot it in a cmp vintage rifle shoot as well. Far as load I use 46.4 H4895, wlr, 168gr hornady bthp, 3.340

i think that load is pretty much what i would call a standard.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

Originally Posted by 79S

i think that load is pretty much what i would call a standard.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
it's pretty easy to get hooked into them. you need at least one of all four manufacturers, then low serial, high serial, some of the specialty ones like a m1c, or m1d, and it goes on with the other stuff. Web belts, bayonets, slings, cleaning kits, Even to the ammo, i have several large sardine cans of repak done in Hawaii circa 1951 or so, left over from the pacific. Never will open it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I sure like mine. I have had it since I was in my 20s. I built it out of parts as a match rifle way back then. I have killed deer, elk, antelope and bear with it, as well as a few coyotes, fox, skunks and a whole lot of jack rabbits.
I was shooting it over the bench getting it ready for this season (didn't use it however for hunting this year..........yet) and I am still in awe at it's accuracy.
I can't shoot as well as I did 40 years ago, but my groups were still quite impressive for peeps sights. Not 1 MOA, ----- but way under 2 MOA.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Birdwatcher]I had one, minimal collector value. I wanted to like it on account of my father carried one on Okinawa. Never could warm up to it tho, so I traded it off for an unfired “Irish” Enfield.

But dang, after seeing that video, now I want to visit Luxembourg.[/quote]

Yep

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As Gen Patton dubbed it: “The greatest battle implement ever devised ” or something to that effect.

If shooting a Garand don’t bring a smile to your face, then something’s WRONG with you! 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/20/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was surprised at who usually wanted to fire one when we had some get-togethers.

it was the young Gamers who played "Call of duty". The explanation was they had used it in the game, and most wanted to hear it "ping" in real life. Those youngsters would go through some ammo!

It was worth it, seeing the big ol' grins.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

587 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 260Remguy, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,292
Posts18,448,967
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.