Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I am about to make coffee, it's rainy, and windy in NW Iowa.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Morning Sir,

Raining here in the Phoenix area too. I'm about ready to head to work.

I've always been an early riser. Wife hates that I find it hard to stay awake in the evenings. She's more of a night owl.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's a rieser? smile

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd like to sleep late like I did when I was much younger. It took wild horses to drag me out back then.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Good morning from TN cloudy and warm about 50 degrees. We are expecting about 2 in. Of rain starting this evening thru Saturday morning which is opening day of our rifle season.

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
As a kid, it was hard for me to sleep very late. For the last say 40 years, I would say 5am is when I would wake up.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Good morning from NE Illinois, rainy and windy here too. I've been an early riser since about age 12 with a morning paper route. Rolling up the papers at the kitchen table and stuffing them in my bag even before my dad was out of bed for work. And then 40 years of early mornings for my construction job. I'm a party pooper much past 8:30 in the evening any more! I raise my cup o joe to all you other early risers!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilbilly
Good morning from TN cloudy and warm about 50 degrees. We are expecting about 2 in. Of rain starting this evening thru Saturday morning which is opening day of our rifle season.
yup

Bubba and Gerald will have to hit up the Rural King for more illegal corn after it washes away. The horror of it all.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was up at 4:00 and showered and now I'm just finishing the first pot of coffee. I always get up early and hit the sack early as well. 8:00 pm is bedtime for this geezer. My mental alarm is set at 4:00 am and has been for decades.

Last edited by shootbrownelk; 11/21/19.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
The older I get the harder it is to get a full nights sleep. So here I am

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Was up at 3:25. Punched in at 4:30. Off at 3:00. Tomorrow and Saturday be overtime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What time I wake up all depends on how tired I am and what time I went to bed. Some mornings I'm up at 4 am, most mornings I'm up around 5 or 5:30, but some days I'll sleep till 7.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Was up at 5:00 today because of the wind. Serious canyon winds all night, with a peak gust of 50 mph a few minutes before 5:00 - which is what woke me up. It has even affected my rain gauge, which tells me we got two inches of rain last night. Nope. Steady state wind right at 20 mph and it's 37° right now.

Goodbye Indian Summer! Looks like my golf is done for the year. Fishing was done a month ago.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
yup

Bubba and Gerald will have to hit up the Rural King for more illegal corn after it washes away. The horror of it all.

They had pics years ago of bubbamade rain proof trough corn feeders on Tn deer.
Of course they was only for game cam surveying before the season and never located by a shooting house.
Never on private land that bordered a national wildlife refuge.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Rain turned to snow overnight. Nowhere I have to be this morning. Coffee on, fuzzy slippers, life is good. Hope it's the same for everyone.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by renegade50
yup

Of course they was only for game cam surveying before the season and never located by a shooting house.

Yeah man we can't hit anything out of a climbing stand without a truck door welded to the side of it for support.😃

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by renegade50
yup

Yeah man we can't hit anything out of a climbing stand without a truck door welded to the side of it for support.😃

Abraham Lincoln

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got up about 6:20 a.m......... Clear, calm, and 32 degrees on the south shore of Lake Ontario. I should be out in my deer stand but I have a sister that needs a ride to a dentist appointment. Presently having coffee and perusing the web.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was up by 4:30 again this AM.

Seems to be about my normal time.

Worked an early day shift in a saw mill for 42 years.

My internal clock is still set for getting up at 3:30

Have a good morning all!

Virgil B.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am usually up by 4 - 4:30 every morning. Best part of the day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.