Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
How do you keep your feet warm when sitting in a stand. It is a regular topic of discussion at deer camp. We have tried everything with the only found is the military mickey mouse boots. These are big/ heavy/ clumsy) It seems like your feet sweat when walking to the stand which causes moisture/ sweaty which make you feet cold. My buddy and I both bought Baffin's most extreme cold boot with the best wool socks available but yet they were cold in the stand. With todays technology there must be a pair of boots out there to keep your feet warm. This years hunt had temps around 10 to 20f temps. Not really that cold

https://www.baffin.com/collections/winter/products/40001305

Last edited by andrews1958; 11/21/19.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The warmest boots I have are these Wiggy's that I use snowmobiling when it is below zero. They are overkill for deer hunting, but your feet stay warm: Wiggy Boots

These Welco boots with the wool liners (optional purchase) and wool socks will keep your feet warm. I wear them for most winter activities: N1-B boots

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If Baffin didn't keep your feet warm nothing much will. I wear Sorel Glacier XT and use these.

https://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Foot...&hvtargid=pla-420357405114&psc=1

I'm a die hard ice fisherman and this combo works for me both for late season stand hunting, and ice fishing. YMMV

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You have to keep your azz and legs warm. you cant send cold blood to your feet and expect them to be warm. get good underwear and socks, it will make a world of difference.. you are welcome..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lacrosse Ice King

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LaCrosse Iceman boots, polypropylene sock liners and Merino wool socks. Extra felt liners as needed.

[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have the MM boots, but don't want go far in them for sure. A few years ago I bought some US-made 800-gram Danners off Amazon, about $240. They're repairable and half or less the weight of the MMs.. Haven't had cold feet since. I expect they'll last as long as I do. Very comfortable and good traction.

Avoid chainsoles at all costs. They're skis on slopes.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I use kenetrek grizzlies with the wool liner , at minimum a size larger , with good socks . The loose fit is key .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I think the best I have is La Crosse Ice Kings and La Crosse Iceman a close second. I would buy something warmer if I could. I bought Muck Icepro rubber boots rated to -60F. Ya right. I get about 2 hrs of warm feet @ 30 degrees on the stand. My next purchase is going to be The Cabelas Alaskan to the Saskatchewan from Cabelas and will be taking back the Muck Icepro rubber boots. I wonder if there is anything that will keep my feet warm all day.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
jmdo25,

Originally Posted by jmd025
I use kenetrek grizzlies with the wool liner , at minimum a size larger , with good socks . The loose fit is key .

Same here.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Almost afraid to admit this.
Wear tennis shoes walking out to stand, with polyproplene inner socks, wool outer socks. Once at stand, take tennis shoes off, put on down slippers with a couple handwarmers inside. Put quilted fabric outer boots over it and you are good to go to about 0 for 6 to 10 hours.
Cheap and effective
If feet get cold add handwarmers.
Shoot deer. Take slippers off, put tennis shoes on and walk to deer.

Doesnt work well in snow or if you have to walk far.

Every other boot I had my feet would get clammy and cold.

This is for an outdoor ground blind.

This year may try to put something on the ground to put feet on. feet would get cold.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have a heater in the stand. I wear rubber boots, take turns warming feet if they get cold. I have glass windows. The hell with being cold.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have to admit that I have this fantasy of having a stand near a thermal spring, where I can hunt with my feet in bubbling warm water, but as yet I havent found the spot.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I bought a pair of these a couple of years ago. Really didn't start wearing them until this year. These with mid weight smartwool socks and a couple of toe warmers keep my feet and lower legs warm all morning down to the low teens sitting in a blind.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...r+Remarketing&utm_content=CriteoLFNP

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I keep the porch set at 70* and crack open the door when I need to take the shot. But I wait for the commercials before I get up out of my recliner. I do feel the breeze sometimes through my cotton socks.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Chemical Toe Warmers and full chemical warming in soles by Grabber

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Never hunt north of I-10 . smile

Keep your core , head and legs warm , then warm sox and insulated boots will keep you cozy . Never over dress for the hike to the stand and sweat into your layers of insulation .

I guess you mean an open stand like a climber or hang on stand . If i hunted out of a blind i'd figure out a way to insulate it and keep my feet off the ground .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ed
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Back about 2006, I was up in a stand in the low 20's and when it came time to come down, I couldn't feel my feet. I'd managed to tie my laces too tight. It took me over a half-hour to extricate myself from the mess, because I was too bundled up to reach my laces.

After that, I found Boot Blankets on sale and bought a pair. Boy! Did they do the trick. They just fit over you regular boots and zip up the back.

Keep an eye out. Usually someone drops the price on them in January and they're at a reasonable price.

Last edited by shaman; 11/22/19.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trying these for the first time this morning. Not real cold, truck says its 34sh as I sit here waiting to go to the stand.

Always thought it was sweat that was maki g my feet cold but I am starting to wonder. Been noticing they get cold even if they aren't sweating.

Need a pair of those zip up covers too see if just keeping the cold air from directly contacting my boots helps.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.