Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C

Looking for a pocket holster - front pants pocket - for a J-frame.

Want security and a good draw but I also want something that is not going to print.

Some of our LEOs here carry J-frames and are probably pretty good at spotting other folks who carry. Any suggestions?

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The thinner the package the better, but stiff enough not to show the cylinder. I've used two. The first was tape, thin card board and a plastic NRA memberships card. Worked OK till it got a little sticky. Then I got an Uncle Mikes no.3.
I've used this every day for 4+ years. Your choice of britches will make or break this dance. Short go pockets on Wranglers leave the thing peeping out the top and show a bulge. How about relaxed fit somethings with pleats?
Depends on how you style.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A plain jane Remora with an Artemis cut, no sweat shield. You can carry in any pocket or IWB position without messing with anything. Go crazy and use a heat gun to achieve a 'custom' fit.

Remora IWB/Pocket

For a straight-up pocket holster only I'd go with a Desantis Nemesis.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Uncle Mike's/ Blackhawk.

Never tried one, but I like the looks of that Remora or Nemesis, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5thShock
The thinner the package the better. Then I got an Uncle Mikes no.3.
I've used this every day for 4+ years. Your choice of britches will make or break this dance. Short go pockets on Wranglers leave the thing peeping out the top and show a bulge. How about relaxed fit somethings with pleats?
Depends on how you style.

Another vote for the Uncle Mikes pocket holsters. They are super thin and work very well for me too.

I’ve got one for my Ruger LCP 380, one for J-frame S&W’s, and one for my Sig P365.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/22/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
DeSantis Nemesis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like my El Paso Saddlery pocket holster.

I bought one to fit my Glock 43, and it fits my Sig P365 well.

It keeps the pistol stable in a pocket, while breaking up the outline.

Just got an El Paso Saddlery holster for my Wife's J frame.

She likes it really well also.

Virgil B.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Another vote for the Uncle Mikes pocket holsters. They are super thin and work very well for me too.

I’ve got one for my Ruger LCP 380, one for J-frame S&W’s, and one for my Sig P365.

Oddly enough the factory LCP pocket holster does a reasonable job with the P365.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've used the DeSantis Nemesis with J-frames and LCRs for a lot of years. Low cost, covers trigger,orientates gun for draw, breaks outline, outside sticks to pocket, inside is smooth to draw from. It's worked great for me for front pocket carry and also for rear pocket carry if I'm working around the farm, especially with kneeling when working on fences, and don't feel like carrying a "real" gun (grin).

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I use the Desantis Nemisis

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Uncle Mike's/Blackhawk.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C

Looks like the place to start is Desantis Nemisis. For me anyway. Thanks guys.

All things are always on the move simultaneously. - W.S. Churchill
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Used a Desantis for years until it started to fall apart. Got a Tuff products Pocket Roo or something now. Both good pocket holsters, the Pocket Roo is a little "grabbier" in the pocket than the Desantis was, for what that's worth.

Bought a Mika's pocket hoster. Carried it like once. It's sewn together with a seem all across the bottom at the muzzle. This makes it taller, and starts to push the grip of the revolver out the top of my jeans pocket. What works well for one, not so much for another I guess.

They conceal well. You can tell something is in your pocket, but it sure doesn't look like a gun. If anyone asks, just question their sexual orientation....

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
As someone mentioned above, your trouser choice makes a world of difference. Large pockets and pleats can hide a good size gat. The old Colt pocket pistols were fairly large by today’s standards yet were carried and concealed by the clothing in style at the time. It can still be done if you are willing to expend the effort to find the clothing to make it work.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by 358Thumper; 12/04/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ridge

Bought a Mika's pocket hoster. Carried it like once. It's sewn together with a seem all across the bottom at the muzzle. This makes it taller, and starts to push the grip of the revolver out the top of my jeans pocket. What works well for one, not so much for another I guess. .

I bought a Mika's....he sent the wrong color. He promised to correct the problem a couple times via e-mail and telephone but never did. They seem well made but I'll never know because I sold it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Really like my Safariland pocket holster for J frame. Not sewn at muzzle, inverted leather so the rough side retains the holster naturally in the pocket, and if you wax the inside the firearm slides out every time leaving the holster in the pocket.

Used to be bobski, member since '01
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Try looking at recluse holsters ... the one I use is nice, its not for a revolver but I would consider getting one for a revolver ...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Get a single stack 9mm instead and grind the hell out of the sharp corners, polish and refinish. I can tell a Colt snubby from a smith in your pant pocket from 10m away. :-) They both make you look like a potato smuggler. That's an old quote from Jeff Cooper. I use the Sig P938, but had to smith the trigger and safety. Unless you're addicted to cocked and locked SA autos (as I am) what you want is a CM9 Kahr.

Last edited by satir; 12/05/19.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.