-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 24hourcampfire.com,Youtube, and the Internet in general have proven to me is that a) I'm not alone. b) When you don't find what you're looking for, there's usually a good reason. The fact that there isn't a single feed replacement for the RAR magazine, either as marketed product or a Youtube DIY hack means someone has not been completely successful, otherwise they'd be on the web crowing about it.

The problem with single feeding is minimal. I'll live with it. Hopefully somebody will find a fix in the coming years. It does not detract from the idea that this is one of the most accurate rifles for the money on the market today. I can also say that, at least in my experience the magazine problems experienced by early adopters of the RAR seem to be fixed.

One thing my RAR Predator has shown me is that shooting off my front porch when there is a stiff crosswind is problematic. I always knew it was a problem. With the RAR Predator, it's shown how dramatic it is. I have a 100 yard target stand along the N/S axis and frequently get gusty 20 MPH winds out of the West. What I've learned using the RAR Predator is that building another target stand on the E/W axis is handy for the windiest days. I just bring the shooting bench out into the yard and shoot with these stiff winds at my back and can see a 2X improvement in groups.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Eureka! I found a single shot loading block magazine replacement!!!

https://raggedhole.com/products/single-shot-loading-block-for-ruger-american-223-rifles

I ordered one yesterday.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Guy on my lease has one, he brags on it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pard bought one for his son in ‘06, they seem pleased with it

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have two, a RAR Ranch rifle in .223(marked 5.56) that is extremely accurate as several guys here on the Fire can attest to, and a RAR Predator in .243 Win that is my "work rifle". The .243 is also a sub-MOA rifle which loves the Federal 95gr factory Fusion loads.

I'll own these 'til I die.

Added: According to a friend of mine with close contact to Ruger, the RAR Ranch in .223/5.56 actually has a Wylde chamber to accommodate the 5.56 NATO.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 11/22/19. Reason: added text

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Everybody.

Very.

Google the word "google."

Dave

Dammit, I miss 'Flave.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My wife has the compact version in 7-08. Absolutely loves it.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Eureka! I found a single shot loading block magazine replacement!!!

https://raggedhole.com/products/single-shot-loading-block-for-ruger-american-223-rifles

I ordered one yesterday.

I had a similar thingy, a Bob's Sled, for my CZ527. CRF in combination with a DM, made that one a real PITA on the bench.

This one's priced nice too.

As to the Tupperware rifles in general, what works works, and I ain't against them, but have found with a bit of patient searching I can often get nicer stuff for just a bit more money, and sometimes the same money. Factor in the lipstick often applied to them and the difference gets smaller. A recent adventure with a broken trigger guard on one of the rimfires re-enforced my negative notions on those one-piece deals.

Still, there's something to be said for a good rifle that won't break your heart if it gets stolen, or dropped out of a tree. The best argument for them to me is the wide selection of cartridges they offer, which can eliminate the need for costly and time-consuming custom work for someone who simply wants to try something out.

Last edited by Pappy348; 11/23/19.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The one improvement they could make would be a bolt lock.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have three. Bought a .308 when they first came out. It is very accurate indeed. Second one was a little Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 7.62x36, and a third in .223. All exceeded my expectations for accuracy. They might not be pretty blue steel in walnut, but for me, they are a damn good tool.

Sam......

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

409 members (1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 55 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,217
Posts18,447,403
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.