Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The wife threads have been popular as of late.

When I was first dating my wife, we spent a lot of time hauling water to our cows. It was a dry spring, and we did not have the drilled well yet.

It's been so long I do not recall everything, we bowled some, and I was at her house a fair bit.

Is dating a topic to talk about?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dating was alot of work. Don't think I could keep up now.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The wife threads have been popular as of late.

When I was first dating my wife, we spent a lot of time hauling water to our cows. It was a dry spring, and we did not have the drilled well yet.

It's been so long I do not recall everything, we bowled some, and I was at her house a fair bit.

Is dating a topic to talk about?

First ? Really ? My God Wabi I swear when you talk about you and your wife, it is like she was your first and only love.

Lynn

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Miss Lynn, the ONLY love, after Christ Jesus.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I don't miss dating. Glad my wife decided to keep me.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's been fifty-five years since I married Sue, but I still vividly remember the excitement of pulling up to her house for a date.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife and I met in college, dated for about 6 months and got married. Dating was fun........and I'll leave it at that. 49 years of marriage has been fun too.......and a lot of work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I met my wife at a rifle range. How many guys can say that? We were both very involved with our careers. Dates were very hard to squeeze in. I was working 16 hour days. Cathy was in the air freight industry and often "on call" so some of our dates were eating take out at the airport waiting for a plane to come in. We moved in together after about 6 months. We married about 6 months after that. This was about 30 years ago. She's still the love of my life and I can't fathom growing old with anyone else.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Miss Lynn, the ONLY love, after Christ Jesus.

Amen !

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The first wife and I went to shows, some concerts, a whole lot of parking. Later in our marriage we went to concerts and we learned to country dance, so we did a lot of that. I got divorced, spent a lot of time in clubs. That’s where I met wifey#2. She lives to dance, so for the last 35 years I’ve taken her dancing two or three or more times a month. We went last night. She is planning on us going dancing next Wednesday. We go to concerts ( mostly in dancehalls) a good bit too. We go out to eat at least once a week.

Last edited by hanco; 11/23/19.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
30 September 1967 I bought this, and popped the question. No shacking up before that. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Or after that, until after the wedding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When we met, dating was easy for us, especially me. Our first date evolved from her inviting me on a hayride staged by her college sorority - Sadie Hawkins deal, including the overalls outfits. That was one great evening. Dating after that was really simple/easy because we didn't have the $$ to do much or go anywhere special very often - so we concentrated on good time together in quiet places on campus. Also, I tutored her in Chemistry and she ironed my shirts and chinos - learned to share and help each other early. Married about 11 months after that first date. Soon, 60 years.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Will be 9 years for me next summer. No regrets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
30 September 1967 I bought this, and popped the question. No shacking up before that. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Or after that, until after the wedding.

I couldn't afford anything like that.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
When we first got married I had a hundred dollars to my name. Years later, I now have a hundred and fifty. So we've moved up in the world.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My first wife was a huge f'n mistake, miserable whore.

It takes a Carter to get a Reagan.

The girlfriend I have now is 22yrs younger than me, loves to hunt and fish, works her ever loving ass off, building fence, cutting brush to clear out for the fence, working full time and raising her two kiddos. I don't know where it's headed, but its been a ton of fun hanging out with her.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

We were both divorced or getting divorced, we met through our kids. We found we had the same interests in music and the out of doors. She loved hunting, and wanted to travel.....same as myself! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We never really "dated" as such. We both taught, lived in the same tri-plex, and just sort of fell into being with each other. There never was any "Would you like to go out tonight?", just sort of "Let's run to CR and maybe get a bite to eat." As far as romance to swoon over for the ladies or torrid action for the men, I guess we disappoint.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I met my 1st (late) wife when I was a senior in college and she was a freshman. After I graduated, I got a job in so. Idaho while she was in school in no. Idaho, 450 miles away. At that time (early 70's), there was no I-84 and the route north was blessed with many miles of winding roads and 3 notorious hills to go over. It was a 9 hour trip. During the next 3 years before she graduated, I calculated that I made the weekend trip once every 5 weeks.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I literally stalked my wife. Saw her at a sales meeting and quizzed a coworker on her story. A few weeks later their office called ours in.need of help and all of us were like, “uh... no thanks!” But my coworker leaned over and said, “ya know... Rachelle works there...” and I jumped up “me! me!”

That was 10/21/98 and we were married 05/24/99. We have 5 kids and still are deeply in love. We make one another better persons.

We like this song a lot as a description of marriage:

“This is harder than we’d dreamed but I believe that’s what the promise is for...”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

564 members (1minute, 270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,291
Posts18,448,935
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.