-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine's not a hunter but supports the activity and is glad I take the girls to do it. She'll shoot some and has had her CCW in the past. Has a couple of her own guns but isn't overly interested in them. She'll go fishing with me to hang out and be on the water, but only fishes occasionally.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I married a farm girl. Since her brother and sisters were almost 20 years older than she was and already married, she was her daddy's helper on the farm. After we were married, she has driven a tractor, rode a tobacco setter, chased cows, and pretty much helped me to do whatever needs to be done. However, although she can shoot a gun, she does not hunt, and has zero desire to. I taught her how to shoot a handgun, and I believe if push came to shove, she would.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Mine shoots and hunts and owns several guns of her own. I wouldn't call her an avid hunter/shooter though. She does love to fish however and I would say she is avid about that.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not much of a big game hunter, but aye on everything else!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am MAGA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hope is a trooper, despite having both knees replaced due to rheumatoid arthritis. She's hiked the Grand Canyon with me, and gone on two elk hunting trips with her own tag. We both keep tabs on our trail cams for deer on our place and farm, and she's the one who does all the SD card reviews and points out the big ones to me. We golf, play racquetball and pickleball, work out, hike, bike and hunt together. Farm girl from Jersey County IL, joined the army right after High School Just a few pics:

2015 Gila NF, Unit 16a, public ground guided hunt

This past November, 1st - our farm in Moniteau County, MO - best deer yet in the family

Spring 2018, from our home place

This past June -

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shoot, fish and camp, yes. Hunt no.

She'll clean and take apart any dead animal you bring in though.

We did more of that a few years back lately its been all about overtime, earning money and cramming assets for retirement since our last kid graduates college this Spring.

She's working as many hours now 50-60wk as I did when the kids were growing up and she stayed home with them.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cookie will lay into big game with a rifle but will do no damage to small warm fuzzies or birds. If it walks, crawls, runs, swims, flies, or digs in the earth, it's fair game for her cameras. She will not photograph people though. A pic I took last year from the truck titled "Damnit, turn around."
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
From about 200 yds, my frantic semaphore and international signs for such were all met with nothing but a confused look. She got the message when I showed her the pic.

Last edited by 1minute; 11/23/19.

1Minute
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Mine hunts occasionally, though not as into it as i am. She has killed a good number of deer with firearms and bow. Wont shoot squirrel or rabbits, but the predators and varmints are fair game. She is also a natural excellent shooter, which frustrates me as i had to work hard to get decent at it!! She is also AWESOME on a bloodtrail and has helped myself and others find alot of downed game. Doesnt like my "instruction" while hunting so prefers to sit by herself!! Loves to fish and routinely will outfish me also! Has her own guns and bows that she uses and also has her carry permit and carries many places she goes. Will clean and cook whatever i bring home. Yeah, i did good!

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good job guys. Mine lived on a farm in Ireland till she was 11, then moved to a farm in Missouri and lived and worked there till after high school. She loves to shoot too. Has her own firearms and fishing gear. And she's a damn good cook. I'm a lucky man.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mine loves to hunt and fish. In fact she is in the blind right now. She has killed plenty of deer and a beautiful caribou. Think she takes fishing more seriously than I do.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't even get her to the range. Takes her about a minute or so to get off a shot with a loaded revolver. She figures she's good to go.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My wife does not nor does she shoot. She does enjoy tagging along and was on my brown bear hunt and three trips to Africa. She does like to fish.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Mine hunts and shoots. CCW. Deer, hog, coyote. We went on a bear hunt in Maine two years ago. She got one. I didn't. Should have found her forty years ago instead of the first two.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Time & rheumatoid has taken its toll, but wifey pretty much was a part of most of my activities. I sold her Harley last year & her ATV the year before as per her request.

She still has her own 243 & 20 ga. but hasn't bought a tag in a few years. She even shot USPSA with me for a bit.

The ole countryassed girl will ride into a mud hole with me on my ATV or spend some time in front of the mirror & still knock their socks off at a fancy get together. Looking at some old pics of her, I wish I had hit it more.

I lack patience sometimes, but I probably married way above my pay grade.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, she doesn't hunt/shoot but growing up on the shoreline of a major lake she knows how to fish. When we were first dating she baited her own hook and I knew I found a keeper.

She regularly out-fishes me too.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This years Wy. hunt. We have been hunting together for 25 years.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This morning, a tower pheasant shoot in NC.

[Linked Image]

She’s a special one. Picked up shotgun only two years ago, she shoots a fair bit of skeet and sporting clays, hunts birds, has her own shotguns, and gets a kick out of it. Shoots some 22lr with her Dad. Can shoot pistol and revolver fine, but doesn’t care for it. Dabbles in a little trad archery with me. She’s one of those natural athlete types that can pick up about anything in short order, making the rest of us mere mortals a little ill at times.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Dang Jim, pretty ladies in your life!
smile

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,146
Posts18,464,986
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.