Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Being the oldest child my wife's dad started her out hunting that lasted until her younger brothers were old enough after that she stopped until we got together. We hunted a few years after a while she decided she didn't like the cold any more and would rather stay home and keep the wood stove going...

Last edited by old_willys; 11/23/19.

Ted
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My wife will do everything before, during, and after the hunt except for shoot the critter. She's killed a couple but doesn't really enjoy it, but loves the rest of the work.

We spent about 8 hours out today helping my son-in-law get his deer.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Mine does not hunt.
My daughters do not hunt.
They have shot some.
They will cook wild game and eat it.

Dead critters so common around here, doesn't even get attention (except when I need to wash my hunting clothes ).

My ol lady did buy herself a .22 rifle. 2 yrs now, hasn't shot it.
Told me she wants a Smith Model 60.
Told her to go buy one.

She did say each of the kids (all adults), needs a .22 rifle, a 38 revolver and a 20 ga shotgun.
Yeah whatever.

Last edited by hookeye; 11/23/19.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hunt, no
Shoot, yes, 22lr and 9mm CC guns
But, she will cook and help me consume anything I kill and drag home. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We've hunted 7 western states together. She's pretty good with a rifle, and deadly with a bow.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I taught my ex to shoot with handguns, she liked going to the range. When she left she took the Airweight I bought her with her. So I did what I could.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Mrs. KG shoots, fishes and hunts her heart out right along side me. She hadn't ever had any real desire to actually draw down on a critter herself, enjoying participating in scouting for and spotting and stalking game instead, just not shooting. After our trip to Botswana, however, she's explained that she would probably like to have a crack at a warthog in the future. Works for me.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She shoots and has shot one deer. Hunting isn't her thing, but she encourages all of us who do hunt and helps processing.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She's not into hunting, but she likes to shoot.
She's got 5 pistols, a shotgun and an AR.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Back before we had children and were first married we hunted together a lot, mostly bird but also deer and bear. Now that the kids are older and life with football is over we can spend more time hunting together only now we’ll take the kids too. My favorite hunting partners in the world makes doing one of my favorite things in some of my favorite places extra special.

Those early years when we’d get a wild hair and would load up the truck, throw the dog in and take off for days on end to parts unknown were some of my favorite memories. I’m excited to do that stuff again with the same care-free zealousness and enthusiasm of my youth.

As I’ve gotten older and having spent a fair amount of time in the wilderness and remote backcountry I was lucky enough to see and experience things few others will but after I had kids my priorities changed so that when I spent weeks up north a big part of me was missing, I regretted that I couldn’t share that awe inspiring experience with those most important to me. I’ll no longer do those epic remote trips without my wife and or my children, it’s just too grand of an experience not to share it with my best friend, my wife.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine does not like guns. She does not mind me having guns though. She likes to go with me when I go hunting in South Dakota. She enjoys the rancher and his wife. She does enjoy the wildlife and will spot animals as we are driving down the road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine would rather go to the spa, but occasionally I can talk her into going.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" has seized a couple of my purchases for herself - Model 10 S&W, Ithaca 37 20 ga, Savage 99 22-250, and bought herself a Sig 380.

She's done fairly well on dove, would shoot a coyote, if given the opportunity, has her ccw, and is deadly on rattlesnakes with that Smith - takes the heads right off at 15-20 feet.
She has no interest in big game, though.

LOVES to take the grandkids out with a bunch of aluminum cans and 22's - and occasionally my 204 and some tannerite.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think if I EVER get married again they’d have to hunt at least a little. That way they would understand my desires to do it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my wife does not hunt, fish, camp or hike. Her idea of roughing it is to stay in the Holiday Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. smile

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My X wanted nothing to do with hunting, fishing, camping, shooting, backpacking........ she hated it because I loved it. My daughter just wasn't in to it, but ididn't care, I just did all of it with my son. We have great memories of a lot of adventures together. Now he's in college and chose to go to Wyoming because of all the outdoor opportunities out there. I couldn't be prouder of him.

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
my wife does not hunt, fish, camp or hike. Her idea of roughing it is to stay in the Holiday Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. smile

ROFL, similar to mine, but I tell people her idea of camping is staying at the Red Roof Inn.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife doesn't hunt but she loves to fish. Unfortunately she doesn't like to get up early enough to be on the water at sunrise and can't tolerate the Texas heat, so our fishing time is pretty scarce.

She does like to shoot some. I taught her to shoot a handgun while we were dating, and she caught on pretty quick. She was proud of her first target (B29, I think?) shot with a centerfire revolver and wanted it tacked up in my reloading room, and I did that. The target is long gone but I remember looking up at it from time to time, wondering if I'd made a mistake by teaching her!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cathy plinked with me a few times, but would be perfectly happy hanging back and just goofing off with her sister. As we got a little older, she became more interested in handguns and getting her concealed carry permit. We now go shooting every couple weeks. She easily passed her concealed carry class, and has expressed interest in getting some personal instruction in defensive shooting. She's handled several handguns and owns and carries a S&W .380 Shield EZ. She shoots it very well at typical defense range. She is doing a little shooting with the AR with me now too, and consistently keeps everything on center mass with the combat sights at 100 yards. I don't know if she'll ever hunt with me, but I feel like if she had to defend her self, she'd be able to and could clear jams easily on both these weapons.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

190 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 35, 22 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,528
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.