Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This a different kind of a scope for me. It is the first Euro scope I've bought, the price is was drastically cut so fit in my price range, under $300.

It is a heavy scope at 19 oz. but it has a 30mm all STEEL tube.

The reticle(German #1) is in the first focal plain. I have a B&L Balvar 8 with the reticle in the FFP also but on low power the crosshairs are quite fine and at 8x I could still use them at the Egg Shoot. The reticle on this scope is still quite bold on 1.5x and shockingly huge on 6x BUT with the pointed post I was able to get a very fine hold on the target shooting a few sob MOA groups while load testing even a couple sub .5. When I first looked through it I thought I would hate it but it is growing on me. I have it mounted on a Mini Howa HB 6.5 Grendel.

The glass is very nice, bullet holes at 100 yards could be seen.

The adjustment turrets also need a little getting used to, they are small and everything is in centimeters, I had to think about that a little but this is going to be a set and forget scope for me.

Final impression, I like it. Other than the weight it is a great calling scope. I wouldn't put it on a lightweight rifle but the HB Mini Howa is about perfect for it and I pack it on the bike or in a back scabbard.

I have a couple of other scopes in this same size range but lighter, both have Illuminated Dots. One is a Alpen Optics XP 1.5-6x40mm and a Burris 4X 1.5-6x40mm both with 30mm tubes but at a little more than a quarter pound lighter make nice scopes for a calling rifle. I also have a Burris SS 1.5-6x40mm and a Sightron II 1.5-6x40mm both with 1" tubes and these are my favorites for a light calling rifle.

The Meopta is a great scope but for me a real rifle specific scope, a rifle with some weight that won't be overloaded with a heavy scope but something that would feel at home with close in and longer range shots. Like I said the 20" HB Mini Howa is perfect for it. I could see this on my AR in 20 Practical also. I'm not a deer hunter any longer but this would be a nice scope for in a box blind.

I like this scope and it will get out a lot but one will be enough.

First stand on the first hunt with this scope, you can't argue with success.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do you like that little VanVan. Looks like you have it set up to be a good pack mule.

erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Van Van is perfect for running and gunning coyotes down here on the desert, I can hunt all day putting a hundred miles on two tracks and trails and it costs me $3.00 to fill up. Plus unlike an ATV I can run the state and county highways to where I want to hunt.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the report erich !

Thinking about ordering one for a late evening tower stand deer carbine.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

619 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,258
Posts18,448,140
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.