Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Well, apparently I've over-explained.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Thanks for the splaination on what TBS was saying. LOL

It's not the first time, nor will it be the last time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

We're anonymous, he isn't. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
I think the glass in the SS classics is fine also, I’ve used a 1-4 and 3-15 quite a bit. Recently acquired a 6x and 10x, haven’t used them much but I don’t think the glass quality will be a problem

I’d offer to sell you my 3-15x40 but with the sales getting better and better the scopes hold very little value. They hit the door step and loose a larger % of Value than a new car.
If a guy buys a SS classic he should plan on keeping it as it’s not going to bring crap for resale.

That said the SS HD 3-9 intrigues me and they seem to hold their value, don’t seem to sale second hand often and sell quickly when offered.

I like the 3-9 for sure, I have 3 of those at the moment.

You’re right about the sales affecting value, the BF price has dictated used value year round for several years now (at least in the world on online rifle forum classifieds) As long as you buy at sales price you can usually come out fine flipping SS scopes, full retail no way. I actually have it worse than most of you fellas, I have to pay 8.25% sales tax at SWFA. So I’ve bought more of these used on classifieds than new

But it looks like some SS scopes may be priced lower than ever this go around..

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Going to have to agree with Fred on that one. Rain/grey don’t do the classics any favors. The 3-9 is much better in my opinion in the grey.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I've almost canned all the Leupolds and SS classics.
the glass in the classics suck. Guess for 22lr and guns that I don’t hunt Big game with they will do in a pinch but I’m almost 100% Nightforce on my hunting rifles.
That said for 200$ I’m tempted to scope a couple 10-22’s and old 30-30’s.

Man, your SWFA classics must be quite different from mine, because the glass in mine is quite decent. Not S&B quality, but certainly serviceable.

I hate the glass it’s obviously 1/10th the price of Nightforce but it sucks. It’s gray and cloudy rains like a mfer most of the hunting season.
the first half hr of the day and the last half are lost in my eyes with the crap glass in the classics. Some are less repulsive than others but non are to my standards.
It’s not uncommon to see the elk slip into timber at the first legal minute. I Pursue them in the timber with that type of light and the glass is useless.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I think the glass in the SS classics is fine also, I’ve used a 1-4 and 3-15 quite a bit. Recently acquired a 6x and 10x, haven’t used them much but I don’t think the glass quality will be a problem

I’d offer to sell you my 3-15x40 but with the sales getting better and better the scopes hold very little value. They hit the door step and loose a larger % of Value than a new car.
If a guy buys a SS classic he should plan on keeping it as it’s not going to bring crap for resale.

That said the SS HD 3-9 intrigues me and they seem to hold their value, don’t seem to sale second hand often and sell quickly when offered.

You’re right about the sales affecting value, the BF price has dictated used value year round for several years now (at least in the world on online rifle forum classifieds) As long as you buy at sales price you can usually come out fine flipping SS scopes, full retail no way. I actually have it worse than most of you fellas, I have to pay 8.25% sales tax at SWFA. So I’ve bought more of these used on classifieds than new

For those that have the 3-9, how you rate the glass and eye relief on 9 power. I also hunt where I need great glass , most of the deer come out and feed 30 mins before dark and bucks come out 15 mins before dark.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Remington280

For those that have the 3-9, how you rate the glass and eye relief on 9 power. I also hunt where I need great glass , most of the deer come out and feed 30 mins before dark and bucks come out 15 mins before dark.

It tracks. Who cares ? : )

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Remington280

It tracks. Who cares ? : )

...[bleep] I know it tracks from reading. Have you used one?

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

LOL

Anonymity has its good points.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 11/28/19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have two, 6x and three, 10x. They are great scopes and this Black Friday deal is hard to beat. I prefer the 10x, due to the higher magnification and my poor eyes. I have used it early and late, near and far and it works for all of my needs..

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Judman

scott....

Don't tell me....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where is this sale going on exactly?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
SWFA.com, tomorrow.

ETA: Or were you being sarcastic?

Last edited by Son_of_the_Gael; 11/28/19.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gaaaaak!!!

I was planning on getting another 3-9x42MQ as a backup scope/range play for the 7mmRM, which currently has a Conquest 3-9x40mm, and now the Classics are gonna be $199????
I already have a homeless 10x, that was gonna be the load development scope, so HD 3-9 was gonna be it, but I wonder if I should get a 12x too for range play...

Those anonymous being with "insider trading" knowledge - Any potential deals on NV scopes?? That may be the 2nd wrench in the plans grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’m looking for a 1-6 HD in the BF sale. I hope they are included.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI

In the interest of science, you should try a 3-9 HD.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Originally Posted by jorgeI

In the interest of science, you should try a 3-9 HD.

Roger, thanks

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Having run all the SWFA offerings, with the exception of the 1-6.... I’d say the 3-9 is far and away the best scope of the whole lineup.

I’ll be grabbing a couple of the 10x though, one for a .22lr, and the other just to have around Incase a pard needs to be led to water.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a 6MQ and a 10MQ, What makes the 3-9 so much better? I've been resisting buying one as I usually set scopes on 6 or 8 anyway. Is the HD glass worth the expense?

My 6x seems better in low light than the 10 but I like the reticle better in the 10. How does the FFP in the 3-9 compare? Does the lack of parallax adjustment cause any issues on the 3-9?

Thanks.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,790 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,367
Posts18,469,093
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.