Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salty303
How bout no wheel drive, that any good?

You need to ask MCH..... good luck.. hahahaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Watch it or I'm gonna kick both your asses!

Unicycle muutherphuckers!

Last edited by SamOlson; 11/25/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You chain that unicycle up and strap a bale of hay on your back and go feed those starving cows NOW damnit!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time for me to retreat to the bunker ... again.... chits gettin real

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I don't see any TWD trucks with aggressive thread pattern tires.

Ha ha....truck I just sold......10 ply Dura-Tracs all around.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar

Thanks. I think? hahahaha

UM
(unicycle muutherphucker)

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Downhill, works like a charm. And if you’re a Mormon you can push em clear to Utah. I had a student do that handcart thing with her temple/church/ward whatever, she said her and her friends were pretending they were Amish grin

I told her Amish woulda used horses. Anyhoo she’s off at BYU now, prob’ly gonna get married and raise a happy, well adjusted family, the usual Mormon stuff.

Tell your friend I said GFY.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fred Flintstone had it goin on wink

Lots a ways to go..

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Birdie,

I have not read all of the responses but the few I have read are not giving the best advice IMO. Think this over - the 4WD costs $1700 more than ther 2WD if I read correctly. The mileage is for all practical purposes comparable between the 2WD and 4WD, if you buy the 4WD the $1700 will return on the back end when you get ready to sell it. If you don't buy the 4WD and end up stuck a few times you will hate yourself for the money you "saved".

As far as ride since you are in realaitively flat county put 6 ply traction tires on it and it will ride just fine.

The best part of it is that when you get ready to sell it since it is a no rust Texas truck you will have people lined up to purchase it with no loss to your original $1700 upgrade for the 4WD - your buying public expands greatly when it is a 4WD.

As far as saving the $1700 for a Harley - dumbest idea yet. By the time you are 70 you will realize how dangerous and what a waste of money Harleys are at that age. And there are not a lot of ladies out there who want to be with 70 year old riders, and if they are you probably don't want to be with them.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don’t knock it. Research has shown that, on average, half of most people’s daily driving is downhill.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Drover, sound advice.

New, the difference between 2wd and 4wd is like $3,000. Used w 50,000 miles or less it’s more like $8,000 on account of said resale value.

From age 27 thru age 37 my only transportation was motorcycles, and I didn’t own four-wheeled transportation in my name until age 45. I was a pretty committed motorcycle guy, took long cross-country trips quite a lot, met all my women through my motorcycle, including my Ex.

A Harley weren’t doable as daily transportation back then as the Outlaw gangs stole ‘em regularly. Couldn’t leave a Harley parked anywhere. Times change, now they can’t hardly give em away 🙂

Muslims gotta go to Mecca, I gotta own a Harley, just to say I did.

Malcolm Forbes used to say there’s a part of you that is awake on a motorcycle that isn’t awake at any other time. He was right. If some old lady DOES climb on the back of my bike, more’n likely she’s gonna be fun to be around.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Mmmmm old biker chicks. Saggy titties, wrinkly tats and musty leather. Yummy.........Not.... I'd be lookin for a bridge to jump off of if I ever got that desperate. Sheeesh.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Mmmmm old biker chicks. Saggy titties, wrinkly tats and musty leather. Yummy.........Not.... I'd be lookin for a bridge to jump off of if I ever got that desperate. Sheeesh.

I meant different ones 🙂

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by irfubar

[Linked Image from jazzincdioramas.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I meant different ones 🙂
Ain't no different ones. Two wheel drive sucks regardless.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Years ago I bought a 2WD 3/4 ton Suburban at a low price at an auction. It was great for camping and taking kids fishing and to the park. In winter time when the snow got really deep not so much. I bought a set or tire chains and realized it's full potential. I had fun with it, painted it camoflage and used it for prairie dog hunts etc. After it got old and rusty I sold it to some street gang who only wanted it for the license plates.
You can hardly give away a 2WD here in Minnesota.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Two things demand 4WD: snow and mud.

sand

I've been stuck in sand once with 4wd. Big heavy vehicles (GMC Suburban) don't do very well in sand, even with 4wd and BFG all terrain tires. There are some pumice fields in the Eastern Sierra that will swallow you up just 2 feet off the road. I've learned to never stop on level ground in soft sand. I am looking to buy my first new truck in 20 years and it will be 4wd. That old Suburban was like riding on rails in 4WD on ice and snow.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by BobMt

my dad never had a 4wd.....I remember going all over the desert in az..... camping up in the white mountains...he always gave it hell when it needed it...…..in a car no less....

I started out with 4wd...sure was a lot easier...…….so I know the capabilities of 2wd....that's why I started with 4wd...….

the trailer comment was joking around......all in fun......bob

the desert in arizona.
i have been out where it's perfectly flat, after heavy rain, water has no where to go. in 4x4, and could hardly go two feet.
or the time son had a lifted 4x4chevy truck, big tires, had in a little cattywampus front tires in this little four or five inch ditch and it rained real good. I remember walking about ten miles in the mud and rain cussing that truck.
I don't remember ever getting stuck in my dad's studebaker truck with cleated tires and chains. but there were a lot of places i decided i didn't need to go wondering if i would have to walk it out.
two y ears ago i had my 3/4ton dodge diesel 4x4 in mud up to the axles, about ten miles in on a crappy so called road. I was praying to the baby Jesus we would get out. We did, but i ain't doing that again ever.

I've heard of diesel burying the front ends where gassers can keep going. Fords 6.7, at 1100# wet, weighs nearly twice as much as the 6.2 gas motor. It is something to consider when going off road.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
think mike and petey experienced waitlessness (sic) driving down the beach. mike might even have hit his head on the ceiling.

Last edited by stxhunter; 11/26/19.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by BobMt

my dad never had a 4wd.....I remember going all over the desert in az..... camping up in the white mountains...he always gave it hell when it needed it...…..in a car no less....

I started out with 4wd...sure was a lot easier...…….so I know the capabilities of 2wd....that's why I started with 4wd...….

the trailer comment was joking around......all in fun......bob

the desert in arizona.
i have been out where it's perfectly flat, after heavy rain, water has no where to go. in 4x4, and could hardly go two feet.
or the time son had a lifted 4x4chevy truck, big tires, had in a little cattywampus front tires in this little four or five inch ditch and it rained real good. I remember walking about ten miles in the mud and rain cussing that truck.
I don't remember ever getting stuck in my dad's studebaker truck with cleated tires and chains. but there were a lot of places i decided i didn't need to go wondering if i would have to walk it out.
two y ears ago i had my 3/4ton dodge diesel 4x4 in mud up to the axles, about ten miles in on a crappy so called road. I was praying to the baby Jesus we would get out. We did, but i ain't doing that again ever.

I've heard of diesel burying the front ends where gassers can keep going. Fords 6.7, at 1100# wet, weighs nearly twice as much as the 6.2 gas motor. It is something to consider when going off road.
true, won't take my diesel down the beach.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
713 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.