Hop To
#14312233 11/25/19
G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Was not going to post this but, I lost my Diggzzz dog!!! German wirehair pointer, drathar, ??? I don't know the difference but I'm sure someone here does, the point is it doesn't matter. He was my first & probably the last one because I can't afford that kind of dog. I got him because of some German dog club said the owner of his father & mother had a screw up in the breeding??? Don't know don't care, I've had a lot of good dogs for free that were great bird dogs, vizsla, short hair pointer, English pointer, on & on. I had to pay for Diggzzz a whole $250.00 !!! Yes he was the best!!! I've spent a lot of time training the others but not my Diggzzz, he was so naturally bird crazy, pointed robins the first night home. A few butterflies until he smelt his first partridge bam!!! he was hooked, & so was I!!! He brought back ducks too , he even dove under the surface & came up with a duck that was not hit solid enough (my fault)! He was about 7or8 months old. He would retrieve anything for you!!!! Except crows. I took him everywhere with me so why not crow hunting. He sat right beside me in a make shift blind, bang, dropped the first scout crow they sent in. Out goes Diggzzz, picks up the crow turns to look right at me as if to say, have we really sank this low??? Took crow about 30yds into the bush & buried it came sat down next to me. Next crow same proceedings & same looks. It was getting pretty hard to not laugh at him but the crow shooting got slow so we went home. Never took him out for crows again!!! It's hard to hit crows when laughing, & I could only take so much of his dirty looks. He would even bring back muskrats but no crows!!!! We had 14yrs of time together & many episodes & together & if I had the power I would bring him back just to get one more dirty look. RIP Mr Diggzzz. Bill out 🐾👣🇨🇦

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear of it, Brother

Just lifted a glass to Digzzz

Lifted it again to your next dog

Dog guys know...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good Dog Diggzzz

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I get dirty looks too. Glad it was a long run for you.

G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks a bunch guys! Man they sure get in yr heart. I new it was going to be bad for this one, seems like it get worse the more ya have, or the older I get???? Anyway Thanks again. Bill out 👣🐾🇨🇦

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Aww man, so sorry.

It's always tough, losing a good dog.

Guy

G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks Cascade this ones going to take awhile. Bill out 🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm genuinely sad for you. That kind of friend is so hard to find. Many folks never do.

Please accept my condolences, my friend.

Bruce

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks luv2ssfari. Much appreciated, I don't know if I'll ever get over this one, I know I'll never forget. Hopefully I'll at least get to the stage of being able to tell too many stories about good old Diggzzz! Thanks again everyone. Bill out. 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾👣🇨🇦

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Only dog guys really get it....

Good boy Diggzzz !

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The price of a good Dog is its Death. I hate when someone loses there shadow. Even though I lost my buddy a couple months back she was hunting with me all day last week. sorry man

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks again guys!!! I had no idea that when you loose yer best dog yer body fills up with snot, slobber, tears. Who new??? Bill out 🐾👣🇨🇦

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by mikieb
Only dog guys really get it....

Good boy Diggzzz !

+1. Dogs are good people! Condolances.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't condemn a dog by comparing one with people. With a dog what you see is what you get, they are incapable of being duplicitous.

Lost four dogs now, last one a year and a half ago, and haven't gotten over any of them. If things go right I'll get one this spring. Am wondering what this one will be like, so far they've all been so different.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Morning. I hear ya, not fair comparison, the dogs way above in my books. Look at some of the dogs that get matched up to idiots. They still love the person unconditionally and would defend them to the max. To bad cause in some cases they should turn around and bite the azz hole. Oh breakfast I'm out, Bill 🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am glad you were blessed with Diggzzz for 14 years.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
739 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 85 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.