Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
any of you fellas know exactly what bullet federal is putting in this 17 hornet ammo? they call it tipped 20 grain. also, how does it compare to vmax as far as frangibility and penetration please?
thanks,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I thought it is a VMAX.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I thought it is a VMAX.

I think it is....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I thought it is a VMAX.

well that just stinks. i was hoping it was something other than a vmax like a nosler bt or varmeggedan or whatever it is they call it. just wanting to try something different in the hornet as the rifle likes hornady's 20 grain vmax but like a true loonie always looking for better i guess. wish i could still find factory loaded hornady 25 grain hp for sale. looks like they are made of unobtainium at the moment.
thanks fellas,
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by whitearrow
I thought it is a VMAX.

well that just stinks. i was hoping it was something other than a vmax like a nosler bt or varmeggedan or whatever it is they call it. just wanting to try something different in the hornet as the rifle likes hornady's 20 grain vmax but like a true loonie always looking for better i guess. wish i could still find factory loaded hornady 25 grain hp for sale. looks like they are made of unobtainium at the moment.
thanks fellas,
Big Ed

Pretty much have to reload at this point to get an option besides the vmax in 17H. I'm also curious what bullet is in the Federals, but like the others say it is almost certainly the vmax. I was lucky and when I saw that Hornady had discontinued those 25 grain hp's I found a good deal and went and ordered something like 800 rounds of them to stockpile.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Aspencreek
Originally Posted by whitearrow
I thought it is a VMAX.

thanks fellas,
Big Ed

Pretty much have to reload at this point to get an option besides the vmax in 17H. I'm also curious what bullet is in the Federals, but like the others say it is almost certainly the vmax. I was lucky and when I saw that Hornady had discontinued those 25 grain hp's I found a good deal and went and ordered something like 800 rounds of them to stockpile.

i was looking to do the same aspen. but, alas none to be found and my cz loves the hornady 25 hp's..
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
97 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, Akpilot, 13 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 769 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,720
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.