Print Thread
Hop To
G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Morning everyone. Bill here, Mr Redgwell sir I did do a bit of test with the barrel obstruction thing. First with just mud in an old clunker, the cable in the kit & caboodle no problem! The weed wacker line, same thing worked fine! I didn't bother with snow in the bbl, it has to be easier that the mud. Ok ??? What do I use for a bullet stuck in bbl?? Didn't feel like ramming a bullet in the bore even if it is an old clunker. A huh, crayon, went & stole one out of the grand kids colouring book! Any thing for edumackatiun of gun gack stufff. The cable in the kit drove it out by taking short little taps. The weed wacker line is a no go so I threw that out, not carrying it around for the next 10 yrs. Not sure how many yrs it's bin in the vest??? I still don't know if the cable in the kit would bump a lodged bullet out but if I can't get reloads to work better than that after yrs of reloading I should go home & stay home. I still think that the little kit you just bought would be handy for removing mud, snow, obstruction of some sort. I know I know very high tec study but am willing to do further research if needed. Bill out. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hi Bill. Call me Steve please.

If you ever have a bullet stuck in the bore, please take it to a gunsmith. They have sets of knock rods of different lengths and materials - brass, steel and wood. The short of it is to clean and oil both sides of the obstruction and tap it out using a rod that is close to the bore diameter. Brass is best, or hardwood. Steel in a pinch, only because it can ruin the bore.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
GWPGUY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Morning Steve, Bill here, no I've never had a bbl. obstruction, & yes I would take it to a smith to remedy that. The only bbl obstruction was just a bullet in the lands & the powder all through the action was worse that the bullet in the throat deal. Way back when, I was into the make every thing perfect reloading, including getting as close to the rifling as possible. Thank God I got out of that stage. I've said before that if it's not a bench gun I don't think ya can tell the difference, me anyway. Now I spend time shooting my rifle to get better accuracy and not, trim,turn,uniform,weigh,check uniformity, . . . . Thanks for the concern and I hope ya have a good week ahead of ya! I'm out. πŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.