OP Offline
Campfire Member
Think I came up with it. "The Antler Club"

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was in "the 10 point club",, and " the 8 point club"' now it's just our family name club. Not much of a deer lease right now.They came in in may or June and clearcut the whole thing. They came back with a bulldozer a frontend loader and a giant chipper and cleaned.the whole place. A month later sprayed herbicides on the whole place then back first part of September and replanted pines.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
straight creek deer camp, due to thats the name of the creek that runs thru the middle of the land.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Texczech
I was in "the 10 point club",, and " the 8 point club"' now it's just our family name club. Not much of a deer lease right now.They came in in may or June and clearcut the whole thing. They came back with a bulldozer a frontend loader and a giant chipper and cleaned.the whole place. A month later sprayed herbicides on the whole place then back first part of September and replanted pines.
that

is it really about the hunting anyway? I know several places I could hunt with more deer than around my place but to us it is used 8 months a year for family get togethers, atv riding, fishing and just good times.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Originally Posted by Texczech
that

is it really about the hunting anyway? I know several places I could hunt with more deer than around my place but to us it is used 8 months a year for family get togethers, atv riding, fishing and just good times.

No it isn't just about the hunting at all for us. It is about the comradery more than anything. We have be on the same 80 acres for over 11 years. We was only there for the 2nd or 3rd time when an old man came walking up on us. He introduced himself as a retired game warden and let us know he was only about 200 yards from our lease if we ever needed help.The old man has become my best friend and a lot of times I have gone to see Mr Bill when I never stopped by the lease. We have taught our grandkids how to shoot and camp on that place.we figure in 2 or 3 years when some cover grows back up the deer will hold in there again. We have doves turkeys hogs and deer. A quarter mile down the road is an accessible creek full of fish. Mr Bill and his wife have started having some health problems. They have sold there house and are buying a place in town. His farm and neighbors property that he has cared for for 20 years have gotten to much for an 86 year old man to take care of. As long as Mr Bill is alive I'll keep on driving that 55 miles to go to the "lease".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
55miles boy I wish! I lived 250 from mine and make the 500 mile round trip every other weekend. I have had my lease for 30+ years now tired of camping so I bought land on a paved road with electric service and a sewage system to build a camp on.
Maybe we should name our new camp " The 250 Mile Cub"

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Triple Pines...from the three pines in front

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I think "Lackanooki" is overused. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"Camp! Camp here!"

John Wayne- after falilng off his horse drunk in "True Grit".

Last edited by las; 12/07/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Wasn't really official, but our family camp was at times called "Camp Go Get 'Em". Most of us did. I miss the old days and the family gone on....

IC B3

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Deer Camp or Elk Camp or Bear Camp or whatever we're hunting at that time Camp.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
!!!!!!!!!!!! Wingusinn???? 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Used to hunt at a place called Snow Tent. There's a gushing spring coming out of the side of a mountain that dumps into a small pond. There used to be a giant Indian grindstone next to the spring but somebody came in with heavy equipment and stole it. I quit going there several years ago. Too many people and a bunch of pot growers now.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
“Whynot-Bighorn”- two former clubs combined into one.

“Widow’s Branch”- named for a creek at the spot of a Union encampment west of here where it’s said Union soldiers were picked off by Confederate snipers.

“Wright’s Creek”- 3500 acres split by a creek named....guess what? 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Years back a fellow started calling ours "Wolf Creek Outfitters" because it was on a drain called Wolf Creek. The funny thing is , there's no Wolves or outfitters there. It looks a lot like the cabin on the Beverly Hillbillies. We named all the ridges and trails after things that have happened on them or after somebody that hunted them. One holler is called S.H. because the sh** house is at the mouth of it behind the cabin....you get the picture.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Hectortwsp]couple of good ones
I'm leaning towards "2 Fingers" cause we always pour 2 fingers of bourbon.
Others in mind: Red Mud Runners, Making Memories, Dad's Memory, Done Waiting, Buck Off,The Tines,Wife Don't Need To Know

Just call it ""The Escape"" Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Lots of great ideas keep them coming

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Original and seldom heard. The Cabin.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Years ago, when I lived in NM, we elk hunted in the same area several years in a row. My neighbor found an old board that somebody had painted "Bend over" on. That became our camp sign every year that we were there. I think he still uses that sign, whenever he and his grand kids go over there.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sold my northern WI place a few years back but it was officially (LLC) called "Morningwood". smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,626
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.