Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainshot
You owe it to yourself and your loved ones to check it out and weigh the options. It could be something caught early and easy to fix. The longer you wait the worse it will be. Good Luck and God Bless.

Yes.........at the very least, go see a doctor and get yourself checked out. While there are none of us who have any sort of an idea as to how you feel, and how you really see life, just remember one thing.......there is no gift from God any more precious than that of life. He have you life, don't just decide to end it without giving yourself a fighting chance.

BP-B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Far as I can tell some awfully good advice here. I have a friend who's PSA is more than double yours. 10 years ago he was given 2 years to live. Treatments have improved and they know a lot more just in that time. I don't hardly see how you can make an educated decision, that effects you and all of your family without getting the information it takes, to make that decision. I've known a lot of men that got that and they are all alive today because they didn't roll over. Go see a good surgeon, and get educated, then sit down with the family and make a decision. PSA numbers by themselves are not a death sentence. Years ago I knew a man who decided to do what you are saying. His son told me his dad went through a horribly painful experience before he died. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Other side of coin, around 7 years ago mine went from 6 to 8. Urologist gave me a year and was "so sorry" , wanted to treat me right away right down to castration. I looked at how long the money would last without a job, hence no insurance, and what that would do to my widow. Different guy backed my decision

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hubert
Well Gents.. I think my time is getting near. last week my PSA was 20.432 today it is 30.00, it has went up about 10 points in a week. It has taken it 20 years to get to 20.. not a good sigh.. My daughter wants me to go to cancer treatment center but it is about two hour drive from home, and I don't want to go through the pain and suffering of it . my sister is now doing that for the third time now.. I had a good life and did everything I wanted to do... I am virtually pain free that is all I asked for from the higher up (god) . I am not concerned about it as much as I thought it would be. I am 82 now that is more than I ever expected . so when I go soon I may see you all on the other side . BY

What does your urologist say?? Large prostates give high PSA numbers also. Mine was as high as 27 but last check it went down to 23.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I agree with everyone who recommends you go see a good doctor, learn what you are dealing with, and make your decisions relative to the rest of your health. It's sound advise, and there are some amazing treatments today that were not available even 10 years. ago.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Go see a doctor go God’s sake, I’m going next month, I’ve had 3 biopsies, but they haven’t found cancer. My PSA goes up and down.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I hear what you are saying. You are 82 years old, that is quite a long life.
My brother's wife got cancer and they went through all the chemo therapy etc. She suffered intensely because of the medical treatments, and she died anyway, after 18 months.

See, when the docs do all these treatments on you, it may or may not increase your life span, or make you feel better.
But it will definitely improve the doc's checking account.

My brother has said that if gets cancer he will not take chemo therapy, and I am of the same belief.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Stick it out through the next election anyways. PA, and our nation, need your vote. You cash it in too soon and you'll name will be on a democrat voters list.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well Gents.. I think my time is getting near. last week my PSA was 20.432 today it is 30.00, it has went up about 10 points in a week.

Who is ordering blood work for PSA once a week??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I'd be thinking about, more of those steak dinners and Holiday's with your family.

Wishing you the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cancer isn't something to take lightly. Go see a good oncologist. If it's a 2hr drive, do it. A 30PSA is cause for concern. There are 200 or so strains of cancer and several strains of prostate cancer. Get after it as early as you can. Treatment isn't near as unpleasant as death by cancer..............you don't just not wake up, there's a lot of pain before that happens. I let an enlarged prostate go too long because I didn't want to go to the doctor. Finally went and PSA was 686 (not a misprint). It had metastasized to the bones. Did radiation immediately then went on treatment and a clinical trial study Feb.2017. Last almost 3yrs PSA has been <.01. Don't be counting on clocking out, it can be controlled. But go to a good clinic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will miss you. I won't be alone.

Please reconsider getting a truthful opinion from the doctors.

You may get lucky and get a beautiful lady doctor!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go on that 2 hour drive but let someone else take the wheel. Enjoy the view while you mull your options.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I hear what you are saying. You are 82 years old, that is quite a long life.
My brother's wife got cancer and they went through all the chemo therapy etc. She suffered intensely because of the medical treatments, and she died anyway, after 18 months.

See, when the docs do all these treatments on you, it may or may not increase your life span, or make you feel better.
But it will definitely improve the doc's checking account.

My brother has said that if gets cancer he will not take chemo therapy, and I am of the same belief.

I am too. But I will find out what the situation is and make an intelligent decision. I would probably have surgery and have it removed. I live with a high PSA number and have had a few biopsies. Apparently I have a large prostate and take medicine for it. There are several ways of dealing with prostate cancer. Make your decision AFTER you get educated. That's all I'm saying about it. Get educated!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My first cousin is 89 and his PSA has always run 8-12 and he's had several biopsies over the years! The pathologist told his urologist that he had gone blind because I've looked till my eyes have hurt and I find NO CANCER CELLS!!

I've had 44 radiation treatments a year ago and my PSA level was 10. I've had some trouble from Radiation Cystitis but I'm doing OK. PSA is so low it can't be read.

Don't give up! Hang in there!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pat85
Well Gents.. I think my time is getting near. last week my PSA was 20.432 today it is 30.00, it has went up about 10 points in a week.

the VA DR ordered one and it was 20.437.. she contacted my urologist and he wanted another thinking the first was a mistake , but it was higher.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

the VA DR ordered one and it was 20.437.. she contacted my urologist and he wanted another thinking the first was a mistake , but it was higher.

Not unusual when you think there's a problem with results.

Retired cat herder.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Got it, Is your urologist going to do a biopsy to see if it actually is cancer??

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

Got it, Is your urologist going to do a biopsy to see if it actually is cancer??

It was cancer in 1999 and I had surgery. in 2009 it was coming back and I had 44 Radiation treatments.. it settled down until 2019 and began going back up. it double this month and has gotten to 30.00..I have an appointment at the cancer treatment center in Philadelphia PA on Dec 10th they are going to see if they can make a treatment plan that will work for me, I would like to be here to Vote for Trump at the 2020 election . but god knows best. as my Grammy would say.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Pat85][quote=Hubert][quote=Pat85][quote=Hubert] I would like to be here to Vote for Trump at the 2020 election . .

We would all like like for you to be here too, Hubert.

Best of luck to you.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
118 members (338reddog, 10Glocks, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 741 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.