Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
5sdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
From KCRG:
"A group is planning to hold a movement Wednesday in West Liberty to protest the killing of turkeys at West Liberty Foods. The vigil is being organized by the group known as Des Moines Animal Allies. The group says it strives 'to challenge the current speciesist mindset within our society'. According to a press release, 'Approximately 46 million turkeys needlessly lose their lives for Thanksgiving dinner in the United States each year. This specific location, West Liberty Foods, kills approximately 22,000 turkeys each day, and they've been working six days a week to keep up with consumer demand.' The group says its message is simple. 'Animals are here with us, not for us. Animal's (sic) lives are their right and what is happening to them is unjust needless violence.' "

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Retards

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Tofurkey for all !!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder how those snowflakes would look with a 12lb frozen turkey shoved up their pooters?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably not much different.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It seems I recall reading The Lord gave us dominion over beasts.

Nut jobs.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The "humane-iacs" don't think the way most outdoors-people do.(What's a gender-acceptable substitute for sportsmen? I'm tryin' real hard here to keep up with the current trends). They also tend to be atheists/pantheists, so that dominion, stewardship and husbandry argument falls on their non-believer ears.

The fact that the turkeys are intentionally hatched into this world by entrepreneurs who supply a demand and make a profit, to eat healthy food and then be the source of human nourishment and part of traditional family celebrations is similarly a moot point for the protesters. Their actions are becoming more bold and they have more followers than we might realize. The best that we can hope for is to simply be left alone, although that is not likely to be allowed. Notice what has happened with circuses and Sea World.

Brace yourselves and be the most ethical sportsman possible. We are being watched.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So if a mountain lion kills and eats a turkey in the wild, is that "speciesist"?

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drank some wild turkey... does that count? smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sometimes folks can be real dumb.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Probably not much different.

LOL. Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If we aren’t supposed to eat them, why are they made out of meat?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
How is this "group" supposed to get to the site of their protest? It would be a crying shame if the vehicle(s) they arrive in develop a severe case of "flat-tire-itis" while these doofuses are doing their thing! That happened to two vans that the Westboro Baptist cult drove to protest a military funeral, and nobody in town would sell them any replacements. They had to drive several miles out of town on four flats before they could rendezvous with a couple of flatbed wreckers.

If something like that started happening to Antifa and some of the other whackadoodle idiots on a regular basis, I doubt if anybody's feelings would get hurt!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Sometimes folks can be real dumb.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They'd probably really be pissed about the few I've killed and cut their beards and spurs off and then tossed them into a ditch. laugh

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Seems like it fizzled

"As trucks came and went from West Liberty Foods on Wednesday afternoon, about 20 people braved the wind with the purpose of saving turkeys from being slaughtered for food.

"This is really an issue that all Iowans should be paying attention to," Joy Wilde, who led the protest as a concerned citizen, said. Wilde is involved with the animal-rights group the Des Moines Animal Allies.

Among those protesting was 15-year-old Ben Ahlrichs, who said he felt a need to get involved about a year ago.

"Animals are here with us, not for us," Ahlrichs said. "There are individuals rather than objects. And I just thought if I could do something about it, why wouldn't I?"

Wilde said while the protest might seem over-the-top to some, it is necessary."

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Ours is in some kind of brine over night then 350 degrees till done.
Tonight we’re giving fowl a break and headed to a steak house.

I just ignore those f’idiots.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rong
Tofurkey for all !!!!

Barbarian. Speciesist. How many plants would have to be born into servitude, doused with noxious chemicals, live crowded together apart from nature, and killed just so their progeny can be destroyed to satisfy that tofurkey lust.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I wonder how those snowflakes would look with a 12lb frozen turkey shoved up their pooters?

Or hadn't eaten in four days?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gregintenn
If we aren’t supposed to eat them, why are they made out of meat?

Love that saying .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,900 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.