Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Is anyone else in the fire a victim of this??
I went to the doctor yesterday and she told me that is what I have! Hip joint bursitis. It’s painful as hell. I can’t even walk. I had two kidney stones and this beats that.

If so how long did it take you to get over it??
This [bleep] sucks!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Get a second opinion.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Had a bout of bursitis in the shoulder that was extremely painful. Had a shot of cortisone directly into the bursa and relief was almost immediate. Haven't felt pain there in over a year.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have some of it in both hips, but not as bad as you it sounds like. Mine comes and goes. On the worst days a couple thylonal usually takes care of it

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Had some in my knee, hurt for 3 weeks.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Get a second opinion.

I was diagnosed with Bursitis in my hips several years ago.

I was given cortisone injections on a regular basis. Didn't do shcit. Years went by. Can't sleep on my side, can't sleep on my back, can't sleep at all.

Finally told my doctor he was a dumb ass and went and gone a second opinion.

Turned out my back was broken it two places and may pain was caused by pinched nerves and permanent nerve damage.

Get a second opinion.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I had this. Also called too much sitting . Do not stretch to the side. Stand and exercise but do only straight line stretches. It will go away . See a pt .

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have been dealing with since I fell back on September 4th. After weeks of docs passing me a round and only treating symptoms and misdiagnoses just got the diagnose last week. So hopefully targeted treatment will help. PT has helped increase strength and range of motion and supposedly reduced the irritation of the bursa. Don't know if that is the case or just time that has helped.

The holy chit pain lasted about three four weeks. Now it is down to a dull ache with periods of it getting real bad. Still real bad if I sit a lot and when I first stand up. There are times when I feel like I am going to hit the floor those first dozen steps I take. Sleeping sucks. I always slept laying on my left side, which is the affected hip. If I roll onto that side when I am asleep I gradually get to hurting and wake up. Before if I rolled onto the hip I would startle awake instantly like I has being stabbed it hurt so bad.I have not a had a 100 percent pain free day yet though.

Hardest thing is it is unpredictable. Some days I can be real active and just feel a little more than usual pain. End of the day, pain does not progress. Other days that little bit of extra pain is the sign of real bad things to come.

Advil helped me a little. But started irritating my stomach, so I have quite taking it. Tylenol has done nothing for me. Docs refuse to give anything for pain even non narcotic.

Heat helps me,some say ice is better. One thing to try that really seemed to help was dry needling. Took the edge off the pain better than anything. Does replace the pain of the bursitis with the pain of getting a needle jammed in your hip, has not too bad small needle. But it was about the only thing that gave me that moment of of ah that feels better in regards to the bursitis. Wish it lasted longer for me. The relief while shortlived was significant enough that I would try it again for any pain issue if recommended.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That is it in a nutshell!!! Constant pain I can’t even walk it hurts so bad! That’s why I’m writing this a 4:00 am. I just crawled into the bathroom to take a leek. This is nuts!!!!

Denny

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have it, from working out on the treadmill at a steep angle to get in shape for elk hunting. I do a lot of quail hunting and it got me for the first time this year last week. I was prescribed Voltaren cream, it works. Doc said follow directions because there can be some side effects. Good luck.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had it so bad in one hip I couldn't sleep on that side. Had to use a small pillow to prop up leg. When it came time to hunt deer and glass couldn't sit down and cross legs. A college friend who lives in another state, who became a chiropractor, told me I needed to see one.

Chiropractor discovered I was severely out of alignment in my hips and lower back. A dozen or so sessions and my joints became more fluid so they would move to correct positions should they get out of alignment. I was also advised to get some anti pronation shoes. Now wear Brooks Beast with good insoles. Within a year the bursitus pain was reduced and the "lump" had reduced in size significantly. The next year was so good I could sleep on that side and went back to doing all the activities including crossed legs on ground glassing deer. Now five years out and no pain there at all.

Not sure what will work for you. I would at least see a chiropractor to see if things are out of alignment and try a few adjustments.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Bone cracker really good idea. try to find one hooked up with a compounding pharmacy, have them make up a transdermal gel of ketamine, gabapentin, and diclofenac

therapeutic pillows are available for use between the knees to keep the hips aligned during sleep.

we both know you won't do either one of these so

go to the local "ranch" store and get a pint of DMSO, apply SMALL amount to localized pain area using cotton swab or Qtip

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It is starting to subside, thanks to God !
Denny

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It’s back, I go in for X-rays monday

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Whelenman
It’s back, I go in for X-rays monday

What are they gunna X-Ray?

Make sure they investigate your spine/back, in fact insist on an MRI of your back.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tttt

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
X-rays done, hopefully the doc calls tomorrow. It’s been 2 weeks now, I’m sick of the pain!! And it’s in my right hip, that is partially numb because of the stoke.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn Denny this is the first I've seen this.

I'll put some prayers in with the big guy for ya.

If ya need to be carried to the bathroom gimme a call bud.

Seriously, If ya need something call.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Damn Denny this is the first I've seen this.

I'll put some prayers in with the big guy for ya.

If ya need to be carried to the bathroom gimme a call bud.

Seriously, If ya need something call.

Take me to the Rio Grand and drown my poor aching asss!!!!

I’m down in the recliner at 1:15 in the morning! [bleep]! It was almost a year ago I had pneumonia! Getting old sucks!!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 12/11/19.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DownWind
Had a bout of bursitis in the shoulder that was extremely painful. Had a shot of cortisone directly into the bursa and relief was almost immediate. Haven't felt pain there in over a year.

Same problem with my knee.Same shot and has not come back for 12 years.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (257wthbylover, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 23 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.