Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by 805
Way to go Beav!! Congrats on a nice buck! Which shooting iron did you take on this trip?

Dude, I was soooo over gunned for this hunt, as I will be on my next hunt in Pennsylvania. I planned on taking my lightweight 7/08 rig built by Accurate Ordinance, but I had a scope issue I couldnโ€™t get corrected on short notice - so I grabbed what I knew would be dead-nutz on my 7WSM built by Scott Weichel @ Live Oaks.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Way over gunned for sure dude!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Hope you werenโ€™t using โ€œTargetโ€ bullets either!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
What scope and scope issue?
Congrats again on a great buck bud! The split eyeguard is bada**!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
NF SHV F1 4.5-14 x50 MOAR was used....Due to a elevation turret going wonkers with a flat spot where the threads were stripped. I couldnโ€™t dial up yardage.on my SWFA 3-15x42
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Last edited by Beaver10; 11/26/19.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
โ€œMolon Labeโ€
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Godogs57
We enjoyed Beav coming down for a taste of southern style hunting and hospitality. We had a great time together....he's a hoot to be around.

Strangest thing though....my sweet wife couldn't get over how nice and gentlemanly he was the whole time. You guys that know him well...is that normal?

Cant wait to see ya again Beav! Best of luck with the PA hunt. It'll be a little colder there than what we experienced.

Yep heโ€™s quite the charmer.

I called you every word and name that started with F or D and ended in Head and your family loved me for it..Especially Jer! Jeremy is one solid, squared away dude. Lmao ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

You fit right in, at least Iโ€™m pretty. lol

Youโ€™re a definite hump...lmao ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜Ž

โ€œMolon Labeโ€
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NF SHV F1 4.5-14 x50 MOAR was used....Due to a elevation turret going wonkers with a flat spot where the threads were stripped. I couldnโ€™t dial up yardage.on my SWFA 3-15x42
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Nightforce to the rescue! What Bullet you shooting in the WSM?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
160g Acubond.
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Last edited by Beaver10; 11/27/19.

โ€œMolon Labeโ€
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not sure where Kingston is in PA but here in the NE my Wife saw a snow storm is supposed to hit Sunday into Monday. Itโ€™s chasing In-Laws away so Iโ€™m good with it. Have new Sitka gear and ECWS with puffy pants. Itโ€™s the sweating climbing up and down the gorge walls when it gets in the negatives that really makes you cold though. If itโ€™s snowing you shouldnโ€™t get too cold. I left a decade of hunting in shorts almost in NC. Youโ€™ll acclimate quick (or turn to an Oregon Popsicle). If heโ€™s running a Heater Buddy heโ€™s robbing you of the full experience.

Kingston, let him climb one of the steep peaks with windswept trees and sit up in a climber all day๐Ÿ˜

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
[/quote]

I called you every word and name that started with F or D and ended in Head and your family loved me for it..Especially Jer! Jeremy is one solid, squared away dude. Lmao ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ˜Ž[/quote]

Those are terms of endearment in the South.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gremcat
Not sure where Kingston is in PA but here in the NE my Wife saw a snow storm is supposed to hit Sunday into Monday. Itโ€™s chasing In-Laws away so Iโ€™m good with it. Have new Sitka gear and ECWS with puffy pants. Itโ€™s the sweating climbing up and down the gorge walls when it gets in the negatives that really makes you cold though. If itโ€™s snowing you shouldnโ€™t get too cold. I left a decade of hunting in shorts almost in NC. Youโ€™ll acclimate quick (or turn to an Oregon Popsicle). If heโ€™s running a Heater Buddy heโ€™s robbing you of the full experience.

Kingston, let him climb one of the steep peaks with windswept trees and sit up in a climber all day๐Ÿ˜

grem for you bud....๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž

โ€œMolon Labeโ€
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57

I called you every word and name that started with F or D and ended in Head and your family loved me for it..Especially Jer! Jeremy is one solid, squared away dude. Lmao ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ˜Ž[/quote]

[/quote]

Youโ€™re a Dickhead! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜Ž

โ€œMolon Labeโ€
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

[/quote]

Youโ€™re a Dickhead! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜Ž[/quote]

But a loveable one.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
๐Ÿ˜

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice Beav -

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Greg,

Mark's got a horseshoe up his ass, for sure !

Lookout Kinger !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Great buck and story to go with it!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 49 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.