Print Thread
Hop To
D
devnull Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I bought a pair of Cabelas HD/Meopta Meostar 8x32 binos a couple years back from Cabelas. I like the binos with one caveat. When I put them to my face in cold weather, the ocular lense fogs up from heat from my face.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is this something that Meopta will warranty with Cabelas warranty in the toilet?

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Every bino will do that. Turn your eyecups inward a click and rest them sort of underneath your eyebrows to allow some airflow.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Every bino will do that. Turn your eyecups inward a click and rest them sort of underneath your eyebrows to allow some airflow.

This exactly ^^^^^^šŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If they fog on the outside, it's your fault. There are some lens cleaners that claim to have an anti-fogging agent that may help. I don't know how effective they are but probably better than nothing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gzig5
There are some lens cleaners that claim to have an anti-fogging agent that may help. I don't know how effective they are but probably better than nothing.
IME, they generally suck.

Murphy was a grunt.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you're wearing anything over your face it makes it worse cause the moisture goes straight up to the glass on your binos, FYI.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Also, helps to not breath on the lenses as you raise them to your eyes.šŸ˜

Iā€™m always amazed how many hunters donā€™t realize theyā€™re breathing directly onto the lenses as they raise the binos from their chest to there eyes....warm breathe on cold lenses = fogged.

Leftybolt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As mentioned, this isn't a warranty issue, it's a user issue. Keep them under your jacket and this won't be a problem. I have used various bino harnesses over the years and keep them under my most out layer and I never have issues with them fogging.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have to get to my glassing spots early just so I can cool my body down so I don't turn my bins into a fogfest....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by GregW
I have to get to my glassing spots early just so I can cool my body down so I don't turn my bins into a fogfest....

Same here. In the rut season, the ridge hiking/spot and stalk hunting I really have to manage my body temp and take enough breaks if I want any chance of glassing. I also need glasses and thatā€™s a nightmare in itself.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Calvin

Same here. In the rut season, the ridge hiking/spot and stalk hunting I really have to manage my body temp and take enough breaks if I want any chance of glassing. I also need glasses and thatā€™s a nightmare in itself.

I wore glasses this morning and it served as a reminder how much I hate wearing them when hunting...fogging and glare (on sunny mornings) irritate me to no end. Contacts for me if at all possible.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nightmare in the rain. Contacts for me next year.

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I wore glasses this morning and it served as a reminder how much I hate wearing them when hunting...fogging and glare (on sunny mornings) irritate me to no end. Contacts for me if at all possible.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by devnull
I bought a pair of Cabelas HD/Meopta Meostar 8x32 binos a couple years back from Cabelas. I like the binos with one caveat. When I put them to my face in cold weather, the ocular lense fogs up from heat from my face.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is this something that Meopta will warranty with Cabelas warranty in the toilet?

I'll give you $50 for them.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I made that change many years ago. I got tired of the rain, and sweat fogging up my glasses.

Only change now as Iā€™ve gotten older and eyes donā€™t see up close so well, is I wear a heavy set of sport framed reading glasses around my neck so I can see my scope turrets for dialing.

šŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by devnull

You need Zeiss for cold weather. That's why they cost more. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try some different things the outer fog is just and adjustment on your part. I have the same binoculars I love them. They are a backup for me and not my primary. I live in a very dry climate which probably helps, If I have any type of face mask on it really kicks up the fog. Also try breathing from either your mouth or nose and see if that makes a difference

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 11/28/19.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Try some different things the outer fog is just and adjustment on your part. I have the same binoculars I love them. They are a backup for me and not my primary. I live in a very dry climate which probably helps, If I have any type of face mask on it really kicks up the fog. Also try breathing from either your mouth or nose and see if that makes a difference

Yes.
In cold air I make an effort to breath thru my nose so the steam goes downward when I raise my scope or binos. When I forget I hate the results. If you're hiking and heated up, take an instant to remove your brimmed hat before getting a lense near a heated sweaty face.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
With my big head, there isnā€™t much choice but for me to hold the Bins below my eyebrows. I usually donā€™t have fog problems though . Thanks ,big head genes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fremont
Originally Posted by gzig5
There are some lens cleaners that claim to have an anti-fogging agent that may help. I don't know how effective they are but probably better than nothing.
IME, they generally suck.

Me too........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,875 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.