-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Finally learned how to post a pic onto our image gallery......but can’t seem to figure out how to then post that pic to another forum thread.

Any help out there?

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Finally learned how to post a pic onto our image gallery......but can’t seem to figure out how to then post that pic to another forum thread.

Any help out there?

Pretty amazing that I can see several posting a day using the Image Gallery on 24, and yet not a single person here is able to explain just how that is done....?

BT53

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For me the hard part was what you have already done - post the pics on the image forum. I have to struggle with that part every time as there are no clear instructions for that.

Once you have the pics posted on the image thread, left click with mouse pointer on the image. This will open the image to a larger version. The next step is different for me depending on which web browser I'm using:

Microsoft Edge: Right click on the enlarged image and then left click to choose "ask Cortana about this image", then left click to choose "see full size image". This will bring the image up on it's own page. Next step is to copy the whole address from the web address bar at the top of your browser by highlighting and copying it. Once you have the address of the pic copied then you will paste it into the window that pops up when you click on the image icon box located just above the white field that you'll be typing in.

Firefox and other browsers: Right click on the enlarged image and then left click to choose "view image". This will bring the image up on it's own page. Next step is to copy the whole address from the web address bar at the top of your browser by highlighting and copying it. Once you have the address of the pic copied then you will paste it into the window that pops up when you click on the image icon box located just above the white field that you'll be typing in.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Smokinggun,

Thank you 👍
One problem may be that I’ve been trying to do this on my Ipad.
I’m home now and will play with it tonight and see how it goes.

BT53

BT53

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I tried it with my wife's Ipad and it was difficult because I couldn't copy and paste the text.

The address is always the same except the six digit number will be different for each pic. Here is the address:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/114033.jpeg

To get the number for a particular pic you can hold your finger down on the thumbnail and a window will pop up with options and the address with the number will be at the top of the small window. then you can take that number and change as needed to paste in the image box.

[Linked Image]

Your other pic has a different number: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/114032.jpeg

[Linked Image]

I was only able to get the correct address with the correct six digit number by holding my finger down on the thumbnail. When I held my finger down on the picture itself I got a wrong address with an eight digit number.

Hope this helps, good luck!

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,675
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.