24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You people keep costing me money......gonna have to try the Teslong.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought the Teslong, mostly to check on my cleaning before applying DBC. Tried it today for the first time and the bore is much cleaner than I expected.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the Teslong for $50. The light control isn't great though. With a clean, shiny bore, there is a lot of reflection.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 11/28/19.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
One of the most useful and enjoyable tools I have ever bought is a borescope.learned a lot about cleaning and fouling.
Also learned of all the rifles I have ever bought used none were shot out. some rifles such as 220 swift may show more throat erosion than others but can still shoot very well. Some manufacturers rifling is not very sharp and distinct brand new as others. Custom barrels tend to appear less deeply rifled as say a Remington.. none of this is very important as long as they shoot. It seems my Coopers maintain rifling better after thousands of rounds than say a Remington. Just my opinion based on my own limited experience. My borescope is from Innovative Technologies. www.larrywillis.com. It is self contained handheld including screen and much cheaper than say a Hawkeye. Takes a little while to learn to understand what you are seeing. Looks forward unlike the Hawkeye which looks perpendicular to the bore.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
This thing is SWEET!! Talk about an AWESOME Tool for Muzzleloaders, All forms of them, Especially Sidelocks that you Can’t See Through, Thing Thing allows you to get in there and Look Around, in VIVID Detail!! I am THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED to say the least!! Any of you guy’s that know me, Know i can be HARSH if I don’t like something, or I don’t Believe in it? I call it being Honest 👍 On a Scale of 1-10, This Teslong Borescope gets a SOLID 10 +++++ This thing is Awesome Guy’s!! I would expect something of this Quality to be Several Hundred Dollars? These things have come a LONG Way over the last few years, I have been wanting to get one for awhile now, But i have held out. I almost bought the Lyman, But after seeing a Gunsmith Friend of mine use his in my .300 Win Mag Chamber, I wasn’t impressed with it at all! That Lyman is NOWHERE Near the Quality of this Teslong, and The Lyman is like 200 Bucks or more.

Teslong Professional Borescope

A few pics i took with it
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got an envelope in the mail from Teslong just the other day. It contained a new 90-degree mirror and a letter of explanation, saying that the original ones seem to have fallen apart in some instances. The letter went on to express the merchant's desire to make sure buyers are satisfied, and warnings about rolling the cable up too tight, leading to breakage.

All in all, I am impressed with the quality of the device and the proactive attitude of the merchant. I'd recommend the thing to anyone wanting to see the condition of a rifle, shotgun, or handgun bore.

For 50 bucks, you cannot go wrong with it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This thread has cost me another 50 bucks on top of 4 new scopes from Doug since July. I'm running out of forgiveness. Hope this Teslong scope is as good as people say it is.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto, just ordered one from Amazon about 5 minutes ago. $49.99 is just too good to pass up.

Have been keeping the search for a bore scope in the back of my mind for a while. Lots of digital cable type inspection tools on the market these days but the ones made for rifle bores were always more than I wanted to spend. This won't get used all that much but there are a few rifles that feel like they're building up fouling too quickly right in front of the chamber and this should help tell me what's going on.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deans
This thread has cost me another 50 bucks on top of 4 new scopes from Doug since July. I'm running out of forgiveness. Hope this Teslong scope is as good as people say it is.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it works. I won't speculate on how you'll feel when you see what those rifle bores actually look like.
confused

I've found two obviously bad bores since acquiring the means to inspect them, but they were not the only rifles that challenged and frustrated me. With those two rifles, though, it was easy enough to see why I couldn't get consistently satisfactory accuracy. New barrels made things better.

I won't replace a barrel just because a rifle frustrates me, nor will I replace a barrel just because it doesn't look purty on the inside...but when it frustrates me and doesn't look purty on the inside, a tomato stake is born.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ed
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
New technology, I don't even like to think about what I paid for my two Hawkeye's some 15+ years ago. Today you can get a whole lot more for a whole lot less.

Phil

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Teslong was delivered today, only took a few minutes to download the recommended software to my PC and get going. Scoped a few rifles, my old 3000+ round .243 AI was a good lesson in what alligator skin really looks like.

Particularly wanted to look just ahead of the throat of my Tikka .22-250 and sure enough there was some kind of buildup right in front of the chamber with a bit of copper color and what I'm guessing is heavy fouling for a few inches more - still learning what different stuff looks like through the scope. The rest of the bore was pristine, btw. So I took some Copper Killer to it but after soaking for 25 minutes another patch came out with zero blue on it. That "whatever" was still there in the barrel. Have had the bottle a while but it'll still clear your sinuses with ammonia smell so it wasn't due to lack of that.

So, I ran a couple of patches of regular Montana Bore Cleaner through it and checked again - better, but not what I wanted. Sooo - I wrapped a patch around an old worn bore brush and smeared it with JB compound and gave it 50 strokes.

That did it, nothing but bare metal now, although I can see where even a couple hundred rounds of 22-250 ammo is starting to wear the lands right at the throat.

Bottom line is this is a very good buy and a further step up in being a "student of the gun" as one of the old scribes put it.

But it's probably not the best thing to get for a real OCD type... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
mod7rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Bottom line is this is a very good buy and a further step up in being a "student of the gun" as one of the old scribes put it.

But it's probably not the best thing to get for a real OCD type... wink

This is good to hear, mine is on the way.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Got mine today, colour me impressed, this thing is great, spent all day checking almost all my rifles, very nice tool.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
440 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.