P
"I thought the wreck was over...then here she come again." - Joe Ely

Last edited by poboy; 11/23/19.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You drank a one gallon jug of my tea and couldn't speak for 10 minutes because it was nice and cool out?

Ha!

If you must know I was stalling for time, I couldn’t figure how a guy like you had such a nice family, for all I knew you Was gonna put on a hockey mask and pull out a chain saw.

Anyways, woulda been three gallons in Texas.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, at least you dont like to argue! whistle

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Birdy....you describe why most people in Texas are medicated or see a shrink.

Self-medicated maybe.... about like everywhere else....

Ain't met anyone seeing a shrink that I can immediately recall.

I know a few that probably need to see one! But they aren't all from Texas either.

Last edited by Filaman; 11/23/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All they have is in Montana is weenie heat, as in heat only weenies would complain about. The hottest day was Billings (??) maybe 50 miles to Hardin. Sat in the shade for a minute at the just-down-the-road-from-the-Rez-therefore-we-can’t-have-nice-rest-area-‘cause-it-would-get-trashed rest area and straight away I was covered in mosquitoes.

Lay on the grass, same thing.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by smarquez
She does look pretty enough for the movies. Where is she coming from relationship wise?

Around here she’s average pretty, good-looking to be sure, but lots of Mexican girls here are pretty. Heck, I MOVED here for the women, and they don’t mind being women either.

I will observe tho that an attractive woman in her thirties around here, (especially with no kids?) if she’s single then there’s a reason for that.

I ain’t saying it’s a bad reason, but there’s a reason why she’s single.

Unmarried women that attractive at that age seem to have the Disney Princess syndrome. They believe there is a handsome prince out there, all they have to do is wait. It can get in their heads too and can really mess them up.

Last edited by smarquez; 11/23/19.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
20 yrs

You nailed it. The rule of thumb floating around is half your age plus 8 years.
If you are 56 then she is 36 right?
Half your age is 28. Add 8 = 36. You got the math right, now you got to work the rest out in your heart and mind.
She does look pretty enough for the movies. Where is she coming from relationship wise?

guessed on that, she is 42. she is divorced a few yrs now.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I worked in Kuwait for 18 months so I saw all the weather cycles for an average year and Yes, it was HOT! You needed welding gloves to open your car door in the afternoon in June thru August, but I have to say it wasn't any worse than an average July day on the Texas coast with 90% Humidity and 96* F.

Kuwait was hot, 110-120 degrees and 10%-20% humidity in the hottest part of the day in June, July, and August. But that's a really dry heat. 95*F at 90% Humidity (Texas Coast) = 115-120 Degrees F Kuwait temperatures-humidity. That's actual mercury, but I'm talking felt temperature, how hot it feels to you.

Last edited by Filaman; 11/23/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
and she contacted me over a yr since i met her, fishing on the island and gave my number, said she tried to call me back then but i didn't answer. told her she should of left a message. she knows my situation from the first time we met.

Last edited by stxhunter; 11/23/19.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
20 yrs

You nailed it. The rule of thumb floating around is half your age plus 8 years.
If you are 56 then she is 36 right?
Half your age is 28. Add 8 = 36. You got the math right, now you got to work the rest out in your heart and mind.

guessed on that, she is 42. she is divorced a few yrs now.

That's my gals age, 42. 42 and looks 21. That's scary since I'm 71.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My hardiest congratulations to you, to the new love of your life, and to your Wife.

Lynn

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by FatCity67
You should have left your current if that is what you needed to do.

Waiting to use another person as an excuse to motivate you to do so is just bad policy all the way around.

Of your fooling around with this one on the side your should be concerned that in another couple years it won't happen again.

Words of wisdom right there.

Lynn

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

Waiting to use another person as an excuse to motivate you to do so is just bad policy all the way around.

Of your fooling around with this one on the side your should be concerned that in another couple years it won't happen again.

Lynn
lol you'll making assumptions with out knowing everything.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Lynn

Actually I have never in the past, nor would I now, make assumptions about you Roger.

Your comments in this thread are posted openly and unashamedly, so there is no reason for assumptions.

My reply to FatCity67 was a statement of my agreement on his thoughts and beliefs on the subject(s) that your post has brought to light here in the forum.

As I stated before in this thread, I offer up my hardiest congratulations to you, to the new love of your life, and to your Wife.

Lynn

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Lynn

Actually I have never in the past, nor would I now, make assumptions about you Roger.

Your comments in this thread are posted openly and unashamedly, so there is no reason for assumptions.

My reply to FatCity67 was a statement of my agreement on his thoughts and beliefs on the subject(s) that your post has brought to light here in the forum.

As I stated before in this thread, I offer up my hardiest congratulations to you, to the new love of your life, and to your Wife.

Lynn

well she is not a new love, just a women who i met a yr or so ago, and had lunch with recently. whatever happens with my wife and i, i will not be jumping into another long term relationship.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It reminds me of the whole abortion deal; short term expediency yielding bitter fruit. My son was six when I arrived, aborting him woulda been an easy choice for my then-teenage Ex, but she didn’t and now I have a son and a grandchild that thinks it’s ME that walks on water 🙂

I guess my problem is I look at things on an Eternal time scale. One of the impressions I wanna leave behind is that I always kept my word and had their back, no matter what.

That’s how I look at things.

I'm younger than you and kids still at home but I didn't meet my daughter until she was 2. She doesn't know the story, and not sure how we will tell her or when, but I'm daddy and the only daddy she will ever know. She looks like me, so much so my ex accused me of having an affair as she would have been conceived when I was with my ex.
Little girl has my old man wrapped around her finger, what sold him was when I first introduced my now wife and daughter to my family at thanksgiving a few years ago and this little girl climbed up on my dad and fell asleep he had know this cute little two year old for about an hour. I had been dating been dating my wife for about a month at this time and my dad said, "you screwed up the first time, don't let this one go"
Today my wife is bottling beer with my dad and smoking a cigar while I'm at work.
Funny how life works out.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (30Gibbs, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 32 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.