Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A little history from what I recall - It was around 96-97 that the agency (under Janet Reno's Justice Dep't at the time) decreed that all would carry the DAO Burrito in .40. Prior to that there wasn't a standard issue sidearm as such, but a list of acceptable choices. S&W models 19 and 66 were popular, as well as the Ruger Security Six though some guys were carrying the Glock 17. After the Beretta came the current DAO HK USP/P2000 thing. I can't imagine that Bill Jordan, with his monstrous paws, would like the HK as it would be like a pocket carry .380 to him. I've shot one, and with my bigger than average hands it wasn't an impressive experience - grip too small, trigger travels too far back. Smaller guys seem to like it just fine though.

They're currently phasing out the HK/40 and going to a couple different 9mm Glock platforms.

Disclaimer: Not a BP agent but know a few...

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
No Second Place Winner is one of my favorite books.
We have lots of time to read books here in the land of cold and snow. I feel sorry for the State Police standing out in the cold at accident scenes.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by memtb
Probably be “running” a semi, though I can’t quite wrap my head around him using anything but a revolver! memtb

Was it Bill Jordan who said re: higher capacity semi-automatics.....

“If you can’t get it done in six, what makes you think another six will make a difference.”

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bugger
Don't know anything about the Brit.

Everybody probably should, he’s one of those guys who’s life reads like improbable fiction.

Born in 1885, A Royal Marine at 16, he leaves the Service to take a job policing the means streets of the Shanghai slums and is promptly beaten nearly to death for his trouble. He responds by becoming one of the very few Westerners of his day to study Martial Arts; 25 years under a Japanese juijistu sensei.

Gets to practice what he learned when he was on the job rising through the ranks, also learning from his Chinese and Sikh policemen. More than 500 altercations, many involving knives, more than sixty involving firearms.

Develops the first modern system of combat handgun training, also teams up with a former British big game hunter named Eric Anthony Sykes to for the first de-facto SWAT teams and sniper units.

World War II breaks out and he returns to England to train the first Commando squads, him and Sykes designing the famous Sykes-Fairbairn commando dagger.

Him and Sykes have a falling out after Sykes blows the whistle on the then nearly 60 year old Fairbairn’s plans to sneak over to combat in France with his Commando protégés.

Sykes dies of a heart attack, Fairbairn is sent over to Canada to train agents for the Office of Strategic Services, at this time he meets Rex Applegate who will go on to to co-opt many of Fairbairn’s teachings after the war. It was at OSS that Fairbairn impresses a young Navy Lieutenant and future spy novelist; Ian Fleming.

After the war, Fairbairn , still on Her Majesty’s Secret Service, was assigned to Ceylon, IIRC much of the stuff he did is still classified.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Fairbairn

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MILES58
I got to hunt with Bill several times 40 years ago, and he struck me as no nonsense and straight ahead. I just would expect him to have a S&W 357 on his hip and he'd by god be able to use it. I can't imagine him any other way. Like trying to imagine him without being that tall and skinny and having that molasses thick drawl.

Very cool! Would have LOVED to have shared a campfire with Bill Jordon, Skeeter Skelton, and Elmer Keith. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody who would carry a wheel gun on duty at the border today would be a danged fool for it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Probably be “running” a semi, though I can’t quite wrap my head around him using anything but a revolver! memtb

“If you can’t get it done in six, what makes you think another six will make a difference.”

So are you in favor of banning magazine with a capacity of greater than 6 rounds?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Anybody who would carry a wheel gun on duty at the border today would be a danged fool for it.

Bill Jirdan was no fool, therefore in my opinion he would be carrying a semi auto high capacity today.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

So are you in favor of banning magazine with a capacity of greater than 6 rounds?

grin

Hey, conclusions like that one belong on the 'Fire not here.

Mr Jordan said that, not me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

Bill Jirdan was no fool, therefore in my opinin he would be carrying a semi auto high capacity today.

PREZACTLY

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

MP5 would be more better. With a Glock 18 as a BUG. 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Heard from the old men that Mr.Bill was hell on two feet with anything that could be fired. Never heard an exact number but I understand several tried and all wound up dead against Mr.Bill.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I could draw and hit an asprin from the hip at 10 yards in 1/4 second...I'd feel VERY comfortable carrying a S&W 19 today. But I don't imagine there are may alive today who can do what Bill could do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Heard from the old men that Mr.Bill was hell on two feet with anything that could be fired. Never heard an exact number but I understand several tried and all wound up dead against Mr.Bill.

Bill used a S&W model 1917 revolver to take out Japanese snipers in the Pacific...Nuff said...he bad!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by Daverageguy

Bill used a S&W model 1917 revolver to take out Japanese snipers in the Pacific...Nuff said...he bad!!!

Hey Kevin......good to see you!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 714 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.