Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My name was profiled and has been since 9/11/2001...

each years its more BS.... I can't fly due to the profiling anyway, and haven't been able to...
and the way the airlines are, who wants to, if you don't have to...

Plus the last time I had to renew my Dl? here in PotlandiaStan....they demanded my birth certificate..
So I ordered one from the state I was born in.... Oregon DMV didn't like it, so they refused to renew my license..at the local DMV.

I went to the state capitol to see the DMV HQ... they told me my Birth Certificate was just fine, if that is how it was issued...

I go back to my local DMV, they inform me that they don't have to follow state DMV guideline.. in the field they can make their own judgements.
Stop by the DMV HQ in Salem again, they tell me that our local office are FOS....I get a name of upper level manager I spoke with and his number
if the local guys have a problem with my B/C, then call him... he took a photocopy of it, to have it available..

back to my local DMV, they still refused... they said they had no obligation to call Salem HQ...they didn't like my B/C....so it was my problem to get one they would accept.
tried several of the local DMVs.. same BS...

so thenI get direction from Salem Hq... they tell me to have another B/C ordered, have it certified, delivered certified mail... don't open it, let the local DMV open it..
so I do that... they still reject it... they didn't like it, said it didn't look official enough...

back to Salem Hq.... they call my local DMV, and they still refuse to listen to state DMV H.Q...

finally after 4 months of this, I had a letter from the State DMV H.Q., telling them to accept my B/C... on top of that they told me to bring in multiple certified copies, in Unopened Certified Envelopes.. I brought in 4 copies unopened...

They had 5 people on duty... they closed all but one windiw... while the other 4 people each went over my 4 copies of my B/C, plus they were pissed I had a letter from the DMV HQ ordering them to accept the B/C.....they each went over all 4 copies, for 45 minutes.... they finally issued me a renewed D/L, but complained still that they didn't like the B/C issued by the state of West Virginia where I was born....

they wouldn't accept my DD 214 as identification, they wouldn't accept my old military ID card as it wasn't current....

NO, these folks weren't giving me a hard time.... it was more along the lines, they didn't have a clue over the new procedures... so to cover their asses, they were just rejecting everything.... my wife went thru the same thing and so did mulitple family friends...some states B/Cs they accepted and some they didn't.. wife had no problem with one from MN....buddy from Texas, they would take his... not hard to see what was motivating that in liberal leftist ran Oregon...

More government red tape and tracking their citizens in all they do....in microscopic form....

They were singling me out.... they screw with people, that they don't like or who don't make their politically correct list...

every time I went to the DMV, while I am going thru this crap... Juan or Jose, who No Habla, and were not here legally had zero problems getting a D/L.. in fact the staff bent over backwards to help them....

personally I'll walk before I'll fly anywhere.. screw this monitoring their own citizens while they let Juan and Jose sneak across the border and then the number of Muslims they let into the country, and spread them all over the map.... and then these people don't have to go thru this crap....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Getting the Real id can be simple or next to impossible. I chose to go the passport route.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Another thing. Why do “we” have to get a Real ID to fly and conduct other business, when the meskin illegals or other illegals can travel about freely by vehicle, bus or train. This doesn’t seem right, it doesn’t pass the smell test.

Oh I know, it will be for mass deportations of illegals when caught.

I just remember that I read somewhere that you would need the Real ID to get into federal buildings and onto military buildings too. So all these contractors that hire illegals to clean and do construction are sh it out of luck then (sarcasm) if they want to do business on bases and such.

About as corrupt as a the TERO on the Rez.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Military ID works, so I'm all good. Prefer not to carry my passport around everywhere I go.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I flew once in '71....BTDT.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have a passport but will be getting the real ID too.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This crap started when states started issuing drivers licenses to non-citizens.

AZ used to require all that stuff for a drivers license, so did TX. I'm guessing many other states did as well.

When they wanted non-citizens to be able to vote, they had to get them some 'official' IDs so they started allowing them to have drivers licenses.

There you go.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No. They will have to have Passports, or be refugees in which case they can have nothing...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kelbro
This crap started when states started issuing drivers licenses to non-citizens.

AZ used to require all that stuff for a drivers license, so did TX. I'm guessing many other states did as well.

When they wanted non-citizens to be able to vote, they had to get them some 'official' IDs so they started allowing them to have drivers licenses.

There you go.

Spot on, I think they should require the "Star" to vote...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by worriedman
No. They will have to have Passports, or be refugees in which case they can have nothing...

You are wrong. Illegals get it automatically.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

REAL ID allows compliant states to issue driver's licenses and identification cards where the identity of the applicant cannot be assured or for whom lawful presence is not determined. In fact, some states currently issue noncompliant cards to undocumented individuals. Noncompliant cards must clearly state on their face (and in the machine readable zone) that they are not acceptable for REAL ID purposes and must use a unique design or color to differentiate them from compliant cards. DHS cautions against assuming that possession of a noncompliant card indicates the holder is an undocumented individual, given that individuals may obtain noncompliant cards for many reasons unrelated to lawful presence. Possession of a noncompliant card does not indicate that the holder is an undocumented individual, given that individuals may obtain noncompliant cards for many reasons unrelated to lawful presence.

The REAL ID Act allows states to issue temporary (i.e., limited-term), REAL ID-compliant driver's licenses and ID cards to applicants who provide valid, documentary evidence that they have “approved deferred action status.” [Sec. 202(c)(2)(B)(viii)] Under the REAL ID regulation, applicants with approved deferred action who hold valid Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) and Social Security Numbers (SSNs) may qualify to receive temporary REAL ID driver's licenses and ID cards. The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) Program standardized and expedited the process for obtaining these supporting identification documents for individuals with Deferred Action seeking REAL IDs. Individuals with approved Deferred Action, valid EADs and valid SSNs may continue to hold temporary (limited-term) REAL IDs until their expiration. In any case, REAL ID compliant states may continue to issue noncompliant licenses and IDs to individuals with or without lawful status, including deferred action, as defined under the REAL ID Act.

Swifty
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Windfall
October 1, 2020 you will need an official Real ID star they call it on your drivers license, a U.S. passport or military ID to fly within the U.S. Our driver's licenses don't come up for renewal for years here and they won't be recognized as "official" unless they have that star on them! The wife tried to get a new drivers licence with the official star and the hoops they make you jump through is amazing and she didn't bring the right stuff to the DMV and couldn't get the star. dhs.gov tells you what you need to bring to the DMV if you want to get a new licence which will cost you. The DMV guy asked the wife if her married name was on her birth certificate? Say what? She may have snarked the guy for asking a stupid question hence no star for her. Anyway just a heads up it will cost you to have an up to date passport or a new driver licence if you expect to be able to fly anywhere late this next year. FYI.

Just get your passport. It's probably easier. I was surprised just how easy it was.

Now there is irony for you, it seems easier to travel internationally than it is to travel interstate.

added, sometimes I wonder if there are two Americas.

Last edited by JSTUART; 11/30/19.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's true. Some guys really do have all the luck.

Originally Posted by Seafire
My name was profiled and has been since 9/11/2001...

each years its more BS.... I can't fly due to the profiling anyway, and haven't been able to...
and the way the airlines are, who wants to, if you don't have to...

Plus the last time I had to renew my Dl? here in PotlandiaStan....they demanded my birth certificate..
So I ordered one from the state I was born in.... Oregon DMV didn't like it, so they refused to renew my license..at the local DMV.

I went to the state capitol to see the DMV HQ... they told me my Birth Certificate was just fine, if that is how it was issued...

I go back to my local DMV, they inform me that they don't have to follow state DMV guideline.. in the field they can make their own judgements.
Stop by the DMV HQ in Salem again, they tell me that our local office are FOS....I get a name of upper level manager I spoke with and his number
if the local guys have a problem with my B/C, then call him... he took a photocopy of it, to have it available..

back to my local DMV, they still refused... they said they had no obligation to call Salem HQ...they didn't like my B/C....so it was my problem to get one they would accept.
tried several of the local DMVs.. same BS...

so thenI get direction from Salem Hq... they tell me to have another B/C ordered, have it certified, delivered certified mail... don't open it, let the local DMV open it..
so I do that... they still reject it... they didn't like it, said it didn't look official enough...

back to Salem Hq.... they call my local DMV, and they still refuse to listen to state DMV H.Q...

finally after 4 months of this, I had a letter from the State DMV H.Q., telling them to accept my B/C... on top of that they told me to bring in multiple certified copies, in Unopened Certified Envelopes.. I brought in 4 copies unopened...

They had 5 people on duty... they closed all but one windiw... while the other 4 people each went over my 4 copies of my B/C, plus they were pissed I had a letter from the DMV HQ ordering them to accept the B/C.....they each went over all 4 copies, for 45 minutes.... they finally issued me a renewed D/L, but complained still that they didn't like the B/C issued by the state of West Virginia where I was born....

they wouldn't accept my DD 214 as identification, they wouldn't accept my old military ID card as it wasn't current....

NO, these folks weren't giving me a hard time.... it was more along the lines, they didn't have a clue over the new procedures... so to cover their asses, they were just rejecting everything.... my wife went thru the same thing and so did mulitple family friends...some states B/Cs they accepted and some they didn't.. wife had no problem with one from MN....buddy from Texas, they would take his... not hard to see what was motivating that in liberal leftist ran Oregon...

More government red tape and tracking their citizens in all they do....in microscopic form....

They were singling me out.... they screw with people, that they don't like or who don't make their politically correct list...

every time I went to the DMV, while I am going thru this crap... Juan or Jose, who No Habla, and were not here legally had zero problems getting a D/L.. in fact the staff bent over backwards to help them....

personally I'll walk before I'll fly anywhere.. screw this monitoring their own citizens while they let Juan and Jose sneak across the border and then the number of Muslims they let into the country, and spread them all over the map.... and then these people don't have to go thru this crap....

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Let me get this straight. To fly, you need to prove you are legal? To vote, not so?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Let me get this straight. To fly, you need to prove you are legal? To vote, not so?

bingo! May God forgive our country!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, about six months before my driver's license expired I get a notic in the mail on what I need to renew. I actually read it. When I paid bills I set aside utility bills they wanted rather than throw them out. We knew this was coming and I had gotten birth certificate years ago. The longest part of the process was finding where I put the damned things.

So off to renew. Waited maybe an hour while the license people explained to the semi-literate what was on the slip they got in the mail. My turn. I handed them the stuff, they smiled, made a couple marks on the forms and on to the photo and ID machine.

Kinda pointless IMHO but no frapping big deal.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW, ID required to vote here, and everybody just uses a driver's license.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just get a Passport card and book. they are good for 10 years. Your Real ID is typically good for 4 years.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s racist to make people get id’s and a passport. Them dindu’s can’t afford that cshit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have both. I really don't want to carry my passport on my person for domestic travel, so the Real ID DL makes it less of a hassle. The OMV/DMV is going to be a madhouse as the deadline approaches.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
And think of the uninformed family trying to fly to grandma's house next Christmas or the person who never flies anywhere, but has to for a medical, family emergency or bereavement flight. Or all the kids too young to drive that need a U.S. passport now. No big deal for me because I don't fly that often and go to Canada to play with their fish, so the passport is easier than standing in that 100' long DMV line any time of the day. I did that already and the sign that tells you that you need to go to the dhs.gov web site to find out what you need to bring for ID is at the front of the 100' line. It could list WHAT you need to bring on the sign, but that would be too logical for the DMV.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,515
Posts18,452,689
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.