Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I apologize if this has been covered previously. Since the instructions for applying Dyna-Tek Bore Coat call for cleaning the barrel to bare steel, it seems like the time to coat a new barrel is before it's been fired. Of course I would still put some patches down it to clean and degrease it. I just bought a new Tikka T3x in .270 WSM and am thinking about doing this. Is there any reason not to use this product in a brand new barrel? If you did would it change the recommended barrel break-in procedure (I realize that's a hot topic all it's own but I just want to hear opinions about that).

BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Is this a factory rifle? If so it's been proof fired. Regardless I'd still do the whole cleaning process including JB Compound.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Is this a factory rifle? If so it's been proof fired. Regardless I'd still do the whole cleaning process including JB Compound.

+1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

+1

+2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

+1

+2

+3

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Yes, factory rifle. 10-4 on the proof firing. I have some JB compound and various solvents, so I'll give it a good scrubbing. Thanks for the advice on that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fortymile
I apologize if this has been covered previously. Since the instructions for applying Dyna-Tek Bore Coat call for cleaning the barrel to bare steel, it seems like the time to coat a new barrel is before it's been fired. Of course I would still put some patches down it to clean and degrease it. I just bought a new Tikka T3x in .270 WSM and am thinking about doing this. Is there any reason not to use this product in a brand new barrel? If you did would it change the recommended barrel break-in procedure (I realize that's a hot topic all it's own but I just want to hear opinions about that).

Interesting that you have to come on here to ask such a question when it says right on the package to visit www.Dyna-Tek.com for additional application instructions. Oooops, forgot that there are no additional instructions on that page or anywhere on Dyna-teks web site and hasn’t been for over a year. Absolutely no customer service on that product from said company in the same amount of time. If you have to come here for help, it’s junk.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've UBC'd quite a few rifles from new and who knows if it worked or if I got a good bbl or if the initial cleaning process takes out most of the burrs and snags that hold the copper.

I saw Al Nyhus post about burnishing a new bbl and I'm betting he aint wrong.

Good bore guide, clean bore, 20 dry strokes with a new bronze brush followed with some patches til clean.

So easy even I can do it. cool

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Everyone except Swifty can do it apparently.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Everyone except Swifty can do it apparently.

LMAO, the best response that they have regarding actual truth and fact. Other than being threatened to shut up or else from one poster on here. I am still waiting for these folks on here to prove that the company isn’t outright lying about additional instructions being on the site by giving me a link.

But just so the OP knows I asked the president of the company by email, which he gave me his addy after finally getting a response from the company on FarceBook about the lack of such link and no answers from Customer Service. Also asked whether the instructions given me here on this site were still valid or just BS, never got an answer. But thanks for emailing me this MD.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
well finding info isn't that hard these days but you may be right about finding info on the website. Things happen.

But since all the info is posted now its a no issue really.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
well finding info isn't that hard these days but you may be right about finding info on the website. Things happen.

But since all the info is posted now its a no issue really.

So you know for a fact that those are completely valid, then answer my 2nd question that the company won’t. Both instruction sets allude to being cured in 8-10 shots, however MD alluded to stopping and cleaning after those 8-10 shots which is not mentioned on either those old no longer available instructions or the new ones. True or false.

Swifty
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I havent cleaned after 8-10 shots and I have had great luck with the stuff.

Last edited by BWalker; 12/02/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Swifty, all the proof we need around here is the many satisfied shooters who have used it, with one exception.....YOU.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have easily done over 20 rifles using Dyna-Tek. IT WORKS!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Concur.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
613 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.