-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know a thing about elk hunting or the logistics of it all.

But if'n I was a road hunter out that way, I'd have myself a 4000lb winch toward the front of my bed of my pickup and some slide-out wheeler ramps

I'd zip that fugger up into the bed of pickup and be gone quick as I could.

I grind that whole girl up, even though I still have 28 teeth, I like ground up product, vacuum seals nice and flat into stacks like church hymnals in my freezer.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Elk aren't always shot from the road.........

sometimes you can't even get a horse to it.......as here

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
Poachers in Tn poach it because they want the meat or the antlers. Never seen a deer here just left without something carved off.
Seen calves shot and left but I think that dude was bangin someone's ol lady.

Maybe the radio collar scared them off.

I would wager that it was shot BECAUSE it wore a collar. Anything to f-up someone's research.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was surprised by the number of people I met in Idaho that have trophy deer mounted in their homes that they admitted were killed outside of the season. I've seen lots of trophy class deer on the winter range and still don't have a trophy mulie.

Drew an Oregon tag and was directed to an individual who had two B&C bucks mounted in his home. He told me exactly where he shot them and the approximate dates, third week of December. I looked it up, the season was closed and he killed them on winter range. Same story from another friend who said he just got tired of never seeing a great buck during the season so he just when after the season and got himself a dandy. An acquaintance to me shot his enormous old buck when it came down into the back of his property well after the season had closed and he couldn't resist shooting him. And then there are the guys that have shot trophy antelope but I don't want to run on.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Got a phone call from a neighbor that they heard a shot and he saw someone loading a deer on our property last weekend during deer season. We had already returned home. Told him no one had permission and to go ahead and call the game warden. Warden caught the 2 guys, $1600 fine for one of them, $200 for the other. Turned out to be our former renter of the home on the place. He had probably been taking deer off our place without permission for years. Good riddance.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boise
I was surprised by the number of people I met in Idaho that have trophy deer mounted in their homes that they admitted were killed outside of the season. I've seen lots of trophy class deer on the winter range and still don't have a trophy mulie.

Drew an Oregon tag and was directed to an individual who had two B&C bucks mounted in his home. He told me exactly where he shot them and the approximate dates, third week of December. I looked it up, the season was closed and he killed them on winter range. Same story from another friend who said he just got tired of never seeing a great buck during the season so he just when after the season and got himself a dandy. An acquaintance to me shot his enormous old buck when it came down into the back of his property well after the season had closed and he couldn't resist shooting him. And then there are the guys that have shot trophy antelope but I don't want to run on.

Our general deer season ends 10/31, just before the rut. The big boys stay way high on open rocky ridges where they can see you coming until the rut. I've seen some real dandies a week after the season closes, when they move down with the does and start getting stupid. Last year I would have had a great shot at one of the really big ones if he'd been there a week before. He'd come from somewhere and had already gathered 10 does.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not fond of those who are unsuccessful hunting, but feel entitled to shoot something...anything at all...livestock, birds, road signs, farm equipment, etc.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Stewart state forrest is famous for that schitt.

Between poaching, Ehd and 3 does a day it has declined alot.

Literally 3 yrs of rotten acorns replenished on the ground annually out their since 2008.
Used ta hunt the place alot.
Now i hope for a miracle amount of tracking snow to happen out their and can cut a large track and get on it.

Pipe dream............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.ksat.com/news/2019/11/1...-than-26000-for-overfishing-red-snapper/

i know the guy who was fined, he is not having to pay anywhere near the amount reported. most of these private boat operators keep more than the limit, the game warden can't be everywhere. the regulations on red snapper are a bunch of bs the commercial fishermen kill the hell out of them by throwing under size fish back without releasing air from their swim bladder.

Texas boat captain fined more than $26,000 for overfishing red snapper
Captain received 17 citations for going over daily bag limit for red snapper
Texas Game Wardens cited a Texas boat captain for going over the daily bag limit for red snapper.
Texas Game Wardens cited a Texas boat captain for going over the daily bag limit for red snapper. (Texas Game Wardens)

NORTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas – A Texas boat captain received 17 citations for going over the daily bag limit for red snapper on July 6.

Nueces County Game Wardens received a tip that a fisherman was regularly bringing in red snapper in excess of the daily bag limit, which is four fish per person per day, on North Padre Island, according to a spokesperson with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Wardens located a recreational fishing vessel near North Padre Island with seven anglers on board and discovered 31 red snapper in an ice chest and an additional 14 red snapper in an anchor storage compartment.

The boat captain, whose identity wasn’t released, was issued 17 citations for going over the daily bag limit, according to the spokesperson.

An additional 30 citations were issued for failing to complete wildlife resource documents and one angler was issued a citation for not having a fishing license.

The captain was convicted in Nueces County court on Nov. 12 and fined more than $26,000, the spokesperson said.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.