Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
LOL!!!!
[v]

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos insulation factory in 1956.

I've had 11 stents and eat deviled eggs with every meal, I smell like church farts and I have no idea who Ronnie Van Zant is.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LOL!!!!

Well, you've got to admit, the acting in this trailer is worth an Academy Award Oscar for each actor!!!! grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
NBC ran It's a Wonderful Life the other night. That was a film.

Yes! Truly a Great Movie.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by joken2

Lets see ...b

If your 75 to 80 ish now.
That means you were 25 to 30 in 1969.

And some of you all act and reminisce like you were that age in 1949.

What type of sheltered from society lifestyle did some of ya lead.

Like some of you where home schooled by long denim skirt Pentecostal mommy,s and schit......

Now these 2 old fuggs from that late 60,s early 70,s era are the ones that got credibility about old movies relevant to their actual age timeline.

The thing is those in their 70s and 80s now were born in the 30's and 40's and 1969 was something daydreamed about.

Point is they grew up watching those old movies, which could only be seen in theaters back then, and going to the movies was a memorable event for young and old alike.

First run movies with popular well known actors were shown in big name theaters in large cities first and often taking a year or longer to make it to neighborhood and small town theaters.

Even later on as televisions (small screens and black and white I should add) in homes became more common they only aired the original old black and white cuts of movies from years past.

Only a very few TV channels were available even in high population areas, reception was via antenna only, often mediocre at best and networks signed off overnight with no all-night programing of any kind.

By 1969 those people in their mid 20s and 30s, were adults going about there lives, working, attending college, raising families, serving in the military and likely as not many vacationing in Southeast Asia at Uncle Sam's behest.

Vacations in places at Unca Suga,s behest?????
Sounds interesting.......
I always thought SW Asia might be a great place to visit a couple of times and spread some " goodwill".
LOL!!!
People volunteer for that back then or did they wait for their # to get called up???
Or a combo of both???
Did they show lame movies for entertainment for those guys back then or now????
Cause that sounds like a perk!!!!

LOL!!!
Just being a jerk.
Hahaha!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 12/04/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Originally Posted by wabigoon
NBC ran It's a Wonderful Life the other night. That was a film.

Yes! Truly a Great Movie.

For movies along the same line Second Hand Lions from 2003 is the equal of any old movie.

Last edited by Pugs; 12/04/19.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m ready to watch The Searchers again.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I bought a tape of Casablanca I need to watch.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Lets see ...b

Like some of you where home schooled by long denim skirt Pentecostal mommy,s and schit......

Now these 2 old fuggs from that late 60,s early 70,s era are the ones that got credibility about old movies relevant to their actual age timeline.

The thing is those in their 70s and 80s now were born in the 30's and 40's and 1969 was something daydreamed about.

Point is they grew up watching those old movies, which could only be seen in theaters back then, and going to the movies was a memorable event for young and old alike.

First run movies with popular well known actors were shown in big name theaters in large cities first and often taking a year or longer to make it to neighborhood and small town theaters.

Even later on as televisions (small screens and black and white I should add) in homes became more common they only aired the original old black and white cuts of movies from years past.

Only a very few TV channels were available even in high population areas, reception was via antenna only, often mediocre at best and networks signed off overnight with no all-night programing of any kind.

By 1969 those people in their mid 20s and 30s, were adults going about there lives, working, attending college, raising families, serving in the military and likely as not many vacationing in Southeast Asia at Uncle Sam's behest.

I always thought SW Asia might be a great place to visit a couple of times and spread some " goodwill".
LOL!!!
People volunteer for that back then or did they wait for their # to get called up???
Or a combo of both???

LOL!!!
Just being a jerk.
Hahaha!!!

Both... A "US" or "RA" prefix on Army serial numbers signified whether an individual was conscripted (US) or enlisted (RA).

...and:

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Lets see ...b

LOL!!!
Or a combo of both???

LOL!!!
Just being a jerk.
Hahaha!!!

Both... A "US" or "RA" prefix on Army serial numbers signified whether an individual was conscripted (US) or enlisted (RA).

...and:

Hahahaha!!!!!
Seen some really graphic vd orientation films in Korea x 3
Turtle farm mandatory schitt..

Lol!!!

Never had the old school prefix on dog tags or Id cards from 83 to 08
Circa 83 dogtag and p- 38 below:

Never had a serial # .
Unca suga used our ssn.
Things change.....

[Linked Image]

You do know I'm just being a horse,s azz I hope.

Lol!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 12/04/19.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Lets see ...b

LOL!!!
Or a combo of both???

LOL!!!
Just being a jerk.
Hahaha!!!

...and:

Hahahaha!!!!!
Seen some really graphic vd orientation films in Korea x 3
Turtle farm mandatory schitt..

Lol!!!

Never had the old school prefix on dog tags or Id cards from 83 to 08
Circa 83 dogtag and p- 38 below:

Never had a serial # .
Unca suga used our ssn.
Things change.....

[Linked Image]

You do know I'm just being a horse,s azz I hope.

Lol!!!

Yep, I've watched the Renny and Slummy show often enough to pretty well know the shtick... whistle ... smile

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hollywood cranks out movies like shelling peas these days. Most people haven't even heard of 90% of them. They're just schitt.

Personally, I think that the big movie people in Hollywood use the movie industry to lure in naive women (and men) with promises of fame and money in exchange for sex. It's not about making a quality product any longer.

I worked as an usher at a local theater back when I was in high school, and not all that many movies were being made then,....not like today, anyway. When a good movie was shown, people would line up around the block to see it. As long as it generated interest, it would be held over at the theater.

,..not like that today. Netflix is stuffed full of movies that I won't spend the time to watch. They're just stupid schitt,...same with TV.

Today's producers judge the success of their movies not by box office receipts,....but by how many naive, aspiring young actors and actresses they get to screw during the production of it.

For them,..that's the sole purpose of making a movie.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Now,...if you want to look into who runs Hollywood, it'll kick off an entirely different discussion. But *that* discussion always causes a lot of people to get their panties in a knot and start snottin' at the nose. So I'll leave that alone for now.

I hate to cause distress among those weak ass bitches. I hate the the sound of grown men crying.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Now,...if you want to look into who runs Hollywood, it'll kick off an entirely different discussion. But *that* discussion always causes a lot of people to get their panties in a knot and start snottin' at the nose. So I'll leave that alone for now.

I hate to cause distress among those weak ass bitches. I hate the the sound of grown men crying.

I'll do it for you.

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Now,...if you want to look into who runs Hollywood, it'll kick off an entirely different discussion..

Jews are the ones who made Hollywood.........Louie B. Mayer, David Selznick, Samuel Goldwyn, William Fox, the Warner Brothers, along with others. They were after money more than anything else, and made movies that would make them that money, not having to worry about political correctness in the 1930-50 time period, when so many of the classics were made.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by czech1022
"Master and Commander" was made in 2003, and it was a GREAT movie!

I'll second that. Thanks for reminding me. I'll watch it again.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Now,...if you want to look into who runs Hollywood, it'll kick off an entirely different discussion..

Jews are the ones who made Hollywood.........Louie B. Mayer, David Selznick, Samuel Goldwyn, William Fox, the Warner Brothers, along with others. They were after money more than anything else, and made movies that would make them that money, not having to worry about political correctness in the 1930-50 time period, when so many of the classics were made.

The chosen are still in Hollywood today. With the advent of widely distributed movies via Netflix and others, the money is a given.

Now that the money is no longer an issue,...they can make movies about nothing and still get paid. Their goal no longer has to be money. Now the goal is how much wear and tear they can put on the casting couch.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The People versus Larry Flynt

Greatest movie evah!!!
Lol!!!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
BUCK MCCOY!!!??!!! He was bigger than opium!!!!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JamesJr

The chosen are still in Hollywood today. With the advent of widely distributed movies via Netflix and others, the money is a given.

Now that the money is no longer an issue,...they can make movies about nothing and still get paid. Their goal no longer has to be money. Now the goal is how much wear and tear they can put on the casting couch.

Now our resident hebeologist has extended his expertise to the movie business and maintained the same level of profundity. Don't offer a differing opinion or he will label you a joo or a "weak ass b itch". Crisco, you were more entertaining when you were perpetually whinging about your crappy job in a jap owned factory and only had uppity neegroes to worry about. Everyone commiserates w/ your life as a downtrodden white man living in a world controlled and threatened by an international cabal of joos but you are starting to sound a bit obsessed and paranoid.

Go take a soothing ride on your scooter, slay some bamboo w/ the mighty 8N. The USA is still the best place in the world for those w/ a positive attitude that were born a white American, enjoy the time you have leftgrin.

Now I will go check El Al for flight schedules to Tel Aviv

your pal Murray

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.