Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tulsi Gabbard on Gun Control

Ban assault weapons; require universal background checks
In Congress, Gabbard has co-sponsored bills that would ban assault weapons and require background checks for all gun purchases, including closing what is known as the "gun-show loophole."
Source: PBS News hour on 2020 Presidential hopefuls , Jan 14, 2019

Advocate for sensible gun control
Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity clips, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns. Tulsi is focused on building bipartisan solutions that can actually be passed into law, rather than using the issue as a partisan political football.

Tulsi Gabbard on gun control measures:
H.R. 1565 & H.R. 1217: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System
H.R. 2380: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act: To require criminal background checks at gun shows.
H.R. 226: Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act
H.R. 1745: Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction: a tax credit for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_Gabbard_Gun_Control.htm

Inconceivable that anyone here would give her any consideration at all.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Tulsi Gabbard on Gun Control

Ban assault weapons; require universal background checks
In Congress, Gabbard has co-sponsored bills that would ban assault weapons and require background checks for all gun purchases, including closing what is known as the "gun-show loophole."
Source: PBS News hour on 2020 Presidential hopefuls , Jan 14, 2019

Advocate for sensible gun control
Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity clips, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns. Tulsi is focused on building bipartisan solutions that can actually be passed into law, rather than using the issue as a partisan political football.

Tulsi Gabbard on gun control measures:
H.R. 1565 & H.R. 1217: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System
H.R. 2380: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act: To require criminal background checks at gun shows.
H.R. 226: Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act
H.R. 1745: Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction: a tax credit for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_Gabbard_Gun_Control.htm

Inconceivable that anyone here would give her any consideration at all.

Oh, they would give considerable consideration, but not to votes...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She is really the only one who can threaten Trump. For some reason, moderates look right past how far left she leans. I like her as a person. Quite a bit. Her political views are too far left though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
A pile of "republicans" would vote for her.
Yep, the geezer vote. My late father in law would vote for any female he thought was attractive. And he thought Hillary was attractive. He wanted Laura Bush to run. Dirty old men might put Tulsi over the top. A big percent of the conservative vote doesn't care much about gun rights.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
She is really the only one who can threaten Trump. For some reason, moderates look right past how far left she leans. I like her as a person. Quite a bit. Her political views are too far left though.

Her whole track record and proposal schema is left-wing. I can't see a single thing I agree with her on and a whole bunch like "Eliminate the Electoral College" that are there simply to make sure that we never have a conservative as president again.

It's all laid out here - https://www.ontheissues.org/Tulsi_Gabbard.htm

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
She would be a disaster as POTUS, since she is so-easily skewed to the left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Her whole track record and proposal schema is left-wing. I can't see a single thing I agree with her on and a whole bunch like "Eliminate the Electoral College" that are there simply to make sure that we never have a conservative as president again.

It's all laid out here - https://www.ontheissues.org/Tulsi_Gabbard.htm

I really don't get her appeal to moderates. But it's undeniably there. I think she would beat Trump. I know a lot of more moderate types who have said they could get behind her. Figuratively speaking of course. She has that polite but no BS demeanor and doesn't come off as a kook. All one needs to do is look at that link to see how objectionable she is politically.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This is all why she needs to be donkey punched!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...I enjoyed watching her send Kamala Harris packing.

That wouldn’t take more than a 5th grader. Harris is simply a sock puppet for her handlers.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes that was the turning point for Kamala. Kamala was the shining star of the Dems for months and looked like there was a good chance she would take the nomination.
Tulsi attacked her at that debate, and it has been all downhill ever since.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Yes that was the turning point for Kamala. Kamala was the shining star of the Dems for months and looked like there was a good chance she would take the nomination.
Tulsi attacked her at that debate, and it has been all downhill ever since.

Kamala dropped out yesterday.

Last edited by websterparish47; 12/04/19.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mr Sitka deer, I am willing to be schooled on the success of our military and/or CIA interventions, regime changes, or outright meddling since WW II. From my viewpoint they have been disasters for us, in blood and treasure, and disasters for the people in the countries we intended to "help''. We have a military presence in 80 countries, last count. Why? You can call me a peacenik, but I believe we should have the strongest military in the world, but use it sparingly, no more loved ones names on a marble wall in DC, no more gold star moms, squandering lives fighting wars in which the final goal remains undefined. Sending our best to war should require: clear and present danger to out homeland (notice I didn't use the phrase, US interests), a clearly stated mission and objective, NO rules of engagement, overwhelming force, and clearly defined victory and exit strategy (no more occupations).

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"From my viewpoint they have been disasters for us,"

Personally, I don’t think they were ever meant to be anything except disasters. And money making schemes for an anointed few.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
"From my viewpoint they have been disasters for us,"

Personally, I don’t think they were ever meant to be anything except disasters. And money making schemes for an anointed few.

Truth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tulsi may be a good looking woman, but remember..........Satan likes to make evil things appealing.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
She would get a lot of vote that Hillary didn't get and all that she did get.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that line of thinking...A lot's changed since 2016....IMHO, the lunacy, lies and lock step partisan voting along party lines is gonna come back big time and bite democrats squarely on the ass in 2020....she may come across as moderate, but it's a given that she would support EVERY radical piece of legislation that crossed her desk....same with every GD democrat in the country.....I have no idea where these "polls" get their data (maybe college campuses?) But there's no way the republicans and president aren't picking up massive support from not only the registered independents but moderate democrat voters as well....the lies being spewed by democrats and the MSM are something you'd expect to see in an episode of "The Twilight Zone".....and most of America ain't buying it....

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Tulsi may be a good looking woman, but remember..........Satan likes to make evil things appealing.

True enough. But if Satan had plans for Tulsi he wouldn't have had her run as an anti war candidate in the Democratic party.

Running as an anti war candidate will get you booted off the stage.

There's big money behind America's perpetual wars in the Middle East.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Absolute fugging lip service.

John McCain came out against the Iraq war at the end too.

I am MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Absolute fugging lip service.

John McCain came out against the Iraq war at the end too.

Pay attention.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/25/tulsi-gabbard-sues-google-account-suspension-1435405

Gabbard, a Democrat from Hawaii who has called for the breakup of big tech companies, was among the top search topics on Google during and after the debate. Gabbard’s campaign decided after the debate that “now is the time we can get our message out there by buying search ads,’’ said attorney Brian Dunne, who is representing Gabbard. But “just as her Google traffic was spiking, her Google ad account was taken offline,’’ he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ga...-voters-to-believe-the-fix-is-already-in

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, who didn't qualify for Thursday night's presidential primary debate, says the Democratic National Committee’s qualification system could be sowing distrust among voters.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Gosh she is just great!

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 7887mm08, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.