Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

That's pretty funny considering LLBean does a better job than most in catering to hunters with better than average quality gear (unlike, for instance, Bass Pro).

When were you last in Freeport?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by bbassi
LL Bean isn't what it once was. Seems the offerings are geared to the man bun types rather than the lumberjack/guide type. I can't comment on the pants, but the last 2 items I ordered from them fell apart much quicker than they should have.

LL Bean and Eddie Bauer both went to hell, literally. They're both run by commie-thought people and no longer get a thin dime from me. They both rile against "blood sports".

That's pretty funny considering LLBean does a better job than most in catering to hunters with better than average quality gear (unlike, for instance, Bass Pro).

You know this from buying krap from Bass Pro no doubt.

LOL...defending fellow commies is all you know.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well I can tell you this. If it’s LL Bean, you’re paying too much.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Another option that is a little more affordable is the Codet/Big Bill brand. Made in Canada.
https://workwearheadquarters.com/products/wool_orange.html

I have a pair of these and like them very much.
https://workwearheadquarters.com/products/wool_orange/234_BIGBILL.html

I’m a big fan of Big Bill. Great stuff for 1/2 the cost of LL Bean.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have some johnson stuff , and it good stuff. I also have a filson double mac cruiser. The price of filson stuff is outrageous though. I hear good things about bimdji wool too

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PM sent. Or just click here.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by WTM45

When was the last time you looked at what they actually offer. Stuff tends to work and last as well, unlike BP's cheap-end China crap. But hey, if you like cheap junk that was built to fail, you are welcome to it.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I had a pair and still have the shirt Jac. Jacket has been great pants the seams let go before they should have.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

When was the last time you looked at what they actually offer. Stuff tends to work and last as well, unlike BP's cheap-end China crap. But hey, if you like cheap junk that was built to fail, you are welcome to it.

Like the cheap chitt dimocraps you vote for. They fail. Look at Detroit and San Fran, but you keep going back, like a dog to its vomit.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/04/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Deflect.

If you have EVER been to Freeport, you would see the customers they aim to please. Hint. They are NOT hunters by far.

I actually OWN Bean wool, and it is imported. Works, but is not of the same quality of yesteryear.
IMPORTED.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Beans new stuff is garbage,I get my wool stuff off of E bay.
With a little patience,you can find vintage,made in usa wool hunting clothes,in good shape for way less then they charge for new.
You can get the pants hemmed,jackets taken in,etc. For a perfect fit.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Search Ebay, maybe you can find some King of The Mountain bunwarmers for a decent price. The older stuff is great.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Deflect.

If you have EVER been to Freeport, you would see the customers they aim to please. Hint. They are NOT hunters by far.

I actually OWN Bean wool, and it is imported. Works, but is not of the same quality of yesteryear.
IMPORTED.

Not the slightest bit deflected. Have you seen what they sell? Apparently not.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I just bought a complete set of Cabela's wooltimate gear and so far I have been extremely impressed with the warmth and windbreaking ability. Especially the mittens my hands are always the first to get cold these have a zipper in the side you can leave unzipped to slip your hand out when you need the trigger or cell phone

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

439 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 52 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,973
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.