Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
spinning isn't for everyone, but it does more than most people think. I have been a spinning instructor for 2 years and the biggest thing to find is the right spinning instructor and class! Can you get this from a stationary bike and youtube? Yup. But will you? The class aspect of fitness is all about peer pressure and keeping people motivated, not for everyone.

Certain techniques in spinning will do more than just cardio, they will also work your core, it's tough to get upper body in, but core is easy with a good instructor,

No fitness or spinning instructor will honestly tell you spinning is all you need, if so, run, you're at the wrong place. It hits your cardio HARD and your legs will build and strengthen, teh latest in spinning is actually to get you OFF the bike and work in both stretching for mobility and resistance work either with light weigths or body weight compound moves to hit those areas the bike doesn't.

As for peleton, I don't have one, but considered it when I moved to WY, simply put, it changed my fitness! One of the best things to get ready for hiking, hunting, mountains. Luckily I found a local place to get both spinning and circuit/full body workouts.

As for the pushback on this ad, well that's just the "metoo" movement out of control, between saying he's telling her she's fat (she's not) and her nervous she won't get husbands approval? Really. Watch the ad, it's clear she asked for it and loves it.

Spinning is addictive, just like running and any other workout regime. It's not for everyone though!

Last edited by Bob_H_in_NH; 12/04/19.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Being active is a good thing. Physical training for increased strength, cardio endurance and flexibility enable one to increase their activity levels and improve their quality of life. At 72 I am not ready to quit hiking and hunting in the mountains so I train year round to hit my goals. There is plenty of good info available and a huge variety of methodologies and equipment. I don't like gyms so set up my own at home for my wife and I. We have and use a treadmill, elliptical trainer, a Peloton for my wife and a variety of free weights, kettlebells and stretch bands. Variety keeps it interesting and we are lucky enough to live close to hills and mountains and typically hike 6-8 hours/week. I have worked out regularly my entire life and can't imagine how tough it would be to become unable to do so.

Strong people are generally more useful.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Pure horse sshitt. The vaj-screamers got pissy because it was made with a hetero couple.

Had it been any 'alternative' couple, there would have been no problem with the ad.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Truth^^^^

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
whats spinning? is it like dancing?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
personally that young wife running the bike looks pretty good. to make it real, the woman need to be a 300lb. porker straddling the bike.

Nobody wants to watch THAT.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hubert
whats spinning? is it like dancing?

Like when you tied your old huffy up by the seat bar from the tree in the front yard and gave it hell.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The gal looks good. Haters going to hate.....especially twitter twits.

Yup.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My wife would love if I got her another exercise bike for Christmas, Peleton or otherwise. I wouldn't mind one either. Much ado about nothing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKduck
The gal looks good. Haters going to hate.....especially twitter twits twats.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess diet ads with women in it are next. Does Oprah magazine prohibit diet ads that target women?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The sad back story of the poor woman in the ad, as told by a friend.

I Own A Peloton Bike, And I’m Better Than You

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
The sad back story of the poor woman in the ad, as told by a friend.

I Own A Peloton Bike, And I’m Better Than You

That is excellent!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 38 invisible), 1,941 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,401
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.