Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
dogs back leg got real stiff and seems to have a lot of pain when rubbed on back didn't have any unusual activity today so I'm at a loss shes half pit half miniature greyhound she's a coyote decoy dog and retrieves dove and quail

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
BP-B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Could be anything from cramps to strain/sprain to muscle damage to hereditary defects appearing. There is no way to diagnose this without being hands on with the dog. Needless to say, a trip to the vet is in order. Especially as you have no idea of how this occurred.

Last edited by woodmaster81; 05/12/19.
16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
nearest vet that's open is 90 mi away. she's not in as much pain this morning back leg is just limp now with sharp pains when moved too much. will take her to local vet tomorrow

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Bill here, sorry about yer dog. Love hearing about odd dogs that work good on diff game. I once had a Rotwieler that was a great duck dog, got a lot of funny looks but he was amazing! Wasn't interested in 🦆 but just wanted to please you. Neat book on dogs ( just mutts ) short stories of diff dogs & the jobs they did. Dogs are the best, wouldn't be with out one!!! Bill out 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🇨🇦

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Could be Lyme disease especially if accompanied by loss of appetite and low grade fever

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I vote for Lyme's also... can we get an update to see how the dog is coming ?

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Seems like the wrong time of year for it, but 2 years ago in summer one of my Labs had a foxtail go right through her foot. Came out the top. Vet said he's seen them travel all the way up a leg into the major joints. Might examine between her pad between toes

16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
we kept her caged for 16 days with painkillers and glucosamine condriton she slowly got better and had almost a complete recovery until yesterday we were dove hunting and she got lit up by a big rattle snake she took two hits one in the shoulder and one on the hip despite having the vaccine she died last night not sure if I want anymore dogs

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I just lost my bird dog, several years earlier than I anticipated due to an aggressive cancer. Its a tough thing to go through. I feel your pain and hope you have a quick recovery.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
16penny, man I’m so sorry. That is awful.

I routinely have to fight with my wife that after our Chesapeake Bay goes, no more dogs.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sorry for your loss.

It sounds like she went out doing one of the things she loved.

We should all be so lucky.

Your caring is so obvious; give yourself some time and remember the high points of her life.

Remember that another dog is out there, waiting for the chance to escape the shelter and to please you.

There are no words to console you or diminish your sorrow, but thanks for giving her the opportunity to go with you again. As said, we should all be so lucky.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
she was the best decoy dog ever her name was RUFF we had coyotes within 10 ft sneaking up on her and they never seen the humans

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 16penny; 09/11/19.

16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I couldn't help myself and scooped a purebred greyhound I will pick her up in O.K at the end of the month I need a name for her

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to see you got back in the game.

Damn a Rattlesnake to hell.

Them and the damn gators do a number on them over here.

Hate em both. Sorry for your loss but thats a great looking pup!

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So sorry to hear of your dogs passing. My GSP has had the shots but I just dont take her for quail until the snakes are denned up.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
16penny Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Splash 4 months old has been eating miracle grow dog food she chases lures well and were working off leash mainly getting in and out of the truck for now
the only free range shell have during warmer months will be dry salt lakes where I can see if any snakes are out

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
525 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 51 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.