Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Mt friend sent me an E-mail synopsis of a gun auction back east and the first item (with cool picture!) sold there was a Colt Python (blued with 6" barrel) that sold for $42,500.00 (forty two thousand five hundred dollars!)!
It was in caliber 22 Magnum (rimfire)!
If I could only "see" into the future.
Trying to figure out how to post pics here - if anyone is interested P/M me your E-mail and I will forward the short pictured synopsis to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Yep from what I learned a few weeks ago there were 28 made. Minneapolis police were goin to use them for training. It’s a long story,( I hate typing on the iPad).

Don’t worry there will be experts along soon to say BS. But it’s was related to me by a gun store onwer whose late father worked for a wholesaler in Minnesota. He actually has one.

He said when he called Colt, they new nothing about them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That would be quite the find!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Chilinstructor: I was chasin guns in Butte, Montana today when I came across a 6" Colt Python in MINT condition!
It was in (of all places!) a pawn shop!
The price tag read $3,500.00!
It was a blued pistol and again it was minty with no trace even of a cylinder turn line.
I got serious with the shop owner and he relayed he had been offered $2,900.00 for it - and my pittance of an offer was rejected.
I distinctly remember these pistols being offered at retail/new for under $300.00 way back when - again if I could only see into the future.
I wonder what firearms today will be worth ten plus times their retail price in 40 years or so?

Viking: Thank YOU very much for that bit of very interesting/pertinent information on the production numbers.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by viking

But it’s was related to me by a gun store onwer whose late father worked for a wholesaler in Minnesota. He actually has one.

He said when he called Colt, they new nothing about them.
Must have been Bill Hicks.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
The guy said he went to buy a couple of guns from a guy. The seller he said he had a couple of pistols. So the buyer took about 400 dollars with him. Buyer said one revolver was a Mosin -Nagant. The other was in a colt box, he said he recognized his dad’s writing on the box/label. He asked how much for the Colt, the guy said 600$. He didn’t have enough so he asked his wife for 200$. Done deal.

I don’t recall if he said how many years ago this took place though.

That’s when he started his quest.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I should add, that most of the 22 mags went back to Colt or the distributor. I believe. There was a handful that remained unaccounted for.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Viking: Thanks again for that additional info.
Interesting indeed.
So you're saying there's not much of a chance in me finding one of these 22 Magnum Colt Pythons!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Slim to none and slim walked out. There might be 3-4 out there now.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah, we got started on the Colt python price subject. Then about obscure Colt models like the Kodiak..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Mt friend sent me an E-mail synopsis of a gun auction back east and the first item (with cool picture!) sold there was a Colt Python (blued with 6" barrel) that sold for $42,500.00 (forty two thousand five hundred dollars!)!
It was in caliber 22 Magnum (rimfire)!
If I could only "see" into the future.
Trying to figure out how to post pics here - if anyone is interested P/M me your E-mail and I will forward the short pictured synopsis to you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

That’s a one of a kind. I believe that revolver is a one off prototype.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Python book says there were only 5 .22 Python’s of which two were Magnum.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Well I guess I know that guy that has the other one than.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
Well I guess I know that guy that has the other one than.

Just stating what is documented, not implying ANYTHING at all.

I tend to think anyone who can afford to buy such a rare gun is more than smart enough to know exactly what he’s buying.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had been watching 7 or 8 w/box of varying flavors for the last several days, bidding on one of them.

They all went for over $3K. I think I'll go back to ignoring them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Local dirt: Of recent (last 10 years or so) in my dealings/collectings of guns (both Rifles and pistols) my personal policy is only buy thousand dollar and under guns that I know can be re-sold for what I paid for them or for MORE than I paid for them!
My policy for guns above $1,000.00 is to "steal" them (buy them at bargain basement prices) or simply pass on them! Needless to say in the past 10 years or so I have only bought a double handful (10 or less) of guns valued above $1,000.00 - people selling $1,000.00 guns usually are in no hurry to sell said guns.
Yeah once you get up around the $3,000.00 area for guns there aren't many "good deals" in todays market.
I stay plenty busy with the under $1,000.00 guns, to say the least.
Good luck in your bidding!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Local dirt: Of recent (last 10 years or so) in my dealings/collectings of guns (both Rifles and pistols) my personal policy is only buy thousand dollar and under guns that I know can be re-sold for what I paid for them or for MORE than I paid for them!
My policy for guns above $1,000.00 is to "steal" them (buy them at bargain basement prices) or simply pass on them! Needless to say in the past 10 years or so I have only bought a double handful (10 or less) of guns valued above $1,000.00 - people selling $1,000.00 guns usually are in no hurry to sell said guns.
Yeah once you get up around the $3,000.00 area for guns there aren't many "good deals" in todays market.
I stay plenty busy with the under $1,000.00 guns, to say the least.
Good luck in your bidding!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I'm with you, VG.. although I've crept up around $1100 for a couple that I really wanted.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Almost all gun, guitars, Gold appreciate at 3% compounded per year. This is background inflation.

There are some exceptions:
Colt double action revolvers have gone up at 5% or 6%.
Mossberg 16 gauge bolt action shotguns have gone up at 1%.

In contrast.
AMZN stock bought 19 years ago has appreciated at 31% per year.
The Colt 1911 45acp I bought 20 years ago has appreciated at 3%.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Almost all gun, guitars, Gold appreciate at 3% compounded per year. This is background inflation.

There are some exceptions:
Colt double action revolvers have gone up at 5% or 6%.
Mossberg 16 gauge bolt action shotguns have gone up at 1%.

In contrast.
AMZN stock bought 19 years ago has appreciated at 31% per year.
The Colt 1911 45acp I bought 20 years ago has appreciated at 3%.

Not that it has anything to do with anything. But, how much would that AMZN stock, or a warehouse full of $100's, for that matter, be worth if TS were to ever HTF?

or a S&W Model 19..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Not that it has anything to do with anything. But, how much would that AMZN stock, or a warehouse full of $100's, for that matter, be worth if TS were to ever HTF?

or a S&W Model 19..

The hypothesis of the current most popular non fiction book, LOSER THINK by Scott Adams, is that we think we can see causation, while overlooking other possibilities.

I will now commit looser think. Einstein did not fight the vermark with a Mauser. He instead took his stash of money and passport, and escaped to America.

Before there were www forums there was usenet. I was unpopular on misc.survivalism with my question, "You have a bug out vehicle, but no passport?"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
333 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,729
Posts18,400,838
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.