Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gunner50 No, sadly, the rails are gone and the railroad bed is almost all grown over with grass and the sage is starting.
I approached the VarmintWife last night with a plan to cash it out and live REAL stress free - she retorted that the VarmintLawyer woldl be serving me papers if I bought it!
So sadly I will not be taking up a new profession by buying the cafe/bar myself - again I hope a caring and low key person buys the place.
Long live the Jersey Lilly.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think the right kind of money could buy this historic tavern. It may need a tinncy bit of work. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I think the right kind of money could buy this historic tavern. It may need a tinncy bit of work. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Been by that a bunch of time, but never in it that I recall......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been to Ingomar and Sumatra a number of times over the years. Always stop at the Lily. That's rough country out there, rounds the edges off the locals pretty darn quick. An excellent place to learn what "Montana Nice" really signifies.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
We will have to make a trek there this spring or summer.. I have been there about 20 years ago...

Molon Labe
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Gunner50 No, sadly, the rails are gone and the railroad bed is almost all grown over with grass and the sage is starting.
I approached the VarmintWife last night with a plan to cash it out and live REAL stress free - she retorted that the VarmintLawyer woldl be serving me papers if I bought it!
So sadly I will not be taking up a new profession by buying the cafe/bar myself - again I hope a caring and low key person buys the place.
Long live the Jersey Lilly.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Dang, and LOL, you best set pat too ; ]

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
We will have to make a trek there this spring or summer.. I have been there about 20 years ago...

You can go to Custer on the interstate, charge up your Tesla there (yes, they actually have an electric car charging station in Custer, MT). Stop for a drink in the bar there. Go across the river and travel down the valley until you get to the Ingomar Road and cut cross country from there. Great trip to make. Just do not do it if it has rained or might rain that day. Stick to the paved road if there is a chance of rain.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

The exterior reminds me a bit of the bar in Alzada, MT., on Hwy 212...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

Only resemblance is the old wood board siding. Similarities end there pretty much. The Lilly has a super old back bar. A lot of the furnishings in the Lilly are older than you are.

It is a unique place that’s worth the stop if you’re ever in the country.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is that the kitchen parked outside?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Was there a couple times in the early '80s.
Long chats with the retired boxer with the string holding up his glasses.
Liked the piss trough.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Redneck

Only resemblance is the old wood board siding.
Yes, that's what I was referring to..
Similarities end there pretty much. The Lilly has a super old back bar. A lot of the furnishings in the Lilly are older than you are.

It is a unique place that’s worth the stop if you’re ever in the country.
I believe it... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I lived in Jordan, north of Ingomar in Garfield County, we hunted coyotes with the Supercub in that part pf Rosebud County quite a bit. We'd land the Cub on the street in front of the Jersey, and taxi right up to the
front door....pretty quiet there, especially in the winter. They welcomed our business, and were happy to have us hunting coyotes...

During antelope season, back in the day, they made their money for the year....not so much now with the antelope numbers, and permits being cut way back.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wore a Jersey Lilly cap for years, til it got too much grouse blood on it. Hope it keeps going.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

6MMWASP's watering hole......

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I worked for a horse buyer when I was a kid. He started buying near Brockway MT. And all along the way he bought more. Some were what is called range delivery. They were out in the wilds and we rounded them up and put them in the herd.

We trailed west thru Jordan and out into the musselshell river breaks where he had a ranch. From there we headed southeast to Sand Springs MT. He was buying horses all along the way.

The rail line was still in Ingomar so that was our destination. The horses were sorted, taking out any bucking stock prospects and loading the rest on railcars to be shipped to
plants to be killed for dog food.

Being the kid of the outfit I was sent down to the bar to buy a case of beer for the rest of the crew. Nobody batted a eye at a 12 year old buying a case of beer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (338reddog, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,442 guests, and 717 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.