Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb

There are a few of the originals left! I was the 164th one to come over to this wonderful place of “peace and tranquility”! But, we’ve lost quite a few over the years. Some discovered that they had a life, some didn’t like the BS, and we’ve lost far too many to what we all must face one day! memtb

Todd, you've been on here 8 years longer than I have and I can only imagine the changes you've seen. I've seen quite a few myself. Still, all in all, I enjoy the fire and the good people on it. There's a few that I wouldn't mind seeing gone, but I figure there are probably some folks that feel that way about me, so I guess it evens out.

Geaux Tigers!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've been on this site for too many years now. I think I've seen a lot of change, some maybe for the better some not.

What do the old time sages think?

I remember the early years. Folks were a little more civil, I think.

Pessimism is a learned behavior.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We have certainly lost a few guys who I miss hearing from. Some have passed and some have just left and not come back. Always been a few cliques here that can be a bit much at times. I usually have periods where I tune out for awhile when the nastiness gets to be a bit much. I read a ton more than I post. Overall still a bunch of decent guys here who I still learn from and I enjoy their humor and musings.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've been on this site for too many years now. I think I've seen a lot of change, some maybe for the better some not.

What do the old time sages think?

I remember the early years. Folks were a little more civil, I think.

Say what???

I recall some hell raise from way back...most of it quite entertaining...

More into the outdoor talk, hunting, fishing, just about anything you might find to do outdoors.
I can only assume many are like myself and don't care to share our adventures here anymore so good posts have become a rare event.

The constant political debate is a negative for me...we've heard each and every one of your positions and thoughts and it just gets old, rerun after rerun. I just don't care.
From Obama lovers to Trump lovers, both are equally uninteresting. Mostly rehashing news stories they've mis-read anyway, not an original thought or idea in the whole crowd.

Juvenile name calling is absolutely ridiculous as well as abundant.

I come and go, it'll never be what it was, maybe better for some and not others.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'll quit completely one day, I'm sure I will not be missed nor miss any I don't already have alternative contacts for anyway.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by memtb

There are a few of the originals left! I was the 164th one to come over to this wonderful place of “peace and tranquility”! But, we’ve lost quite a few over the years. Some discovered that they had a life, some didn’t like the BS, and we’ve lost far too many to what we all must face one day! memtb

Todd, you've been on here 8 years longer than I have and I can only imagine the changes you've seen. I've seen quite a few myself. Still, all in all, I enjoy the fire and the good people on it. There's a few that I wouldn't mind seeing gone, but I figure there are probably some folks that feel that way about me, so I guess it evens out.

Geaux Tigers!

Yes Sir, a few changes over the years, mostly the loss of some mighty fine folks. I know I’ve upset a few folks over the years, most were because of my often “warped” sense of humor. Though, sometimes I’ve been known to throw the “BS Flag”, when I thought deserved. One change that I’ve observed with much of the new postings is.....shooting game at increasingly longer distances with smaller caliber rifles. I don’t know if I’ll live long enough to see the pendulum swing back toward the favored use of 30+ caliber cartridges! memtb

Geaux Tigers!

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It seems to have devalued a fair bit today. In time most of boring types go away.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This is one of those threads that if you don't have anything good to say , well get another drink and let it go, as those assclowns are not worth the ice in your drink that melts while you are typing.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Barak used to have some interesting content. But he caught a lot of grief from people with an IQ about 3 standard deviations below his,..so he left.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Barak used to have some interesting content. But he caught a lot of grief from people with an IQ about 3 standard deviations below his,..so he left.
Yes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Miss Steve_NO.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I appreciate the shared knowledge, and the rare good humor. I like knowing I'm not alone in my love of the outdoors, and all the various ways we use it.
But there are times I need to just step away, and do something that matters, because the benefits are outweighed by the infighting.
There are many here who's opinions hold weight with me, and a few who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
There are only 2 on my ignore list, Ranting, because the name fits, and BigStick, because the noise level finally eclipsed the possibility of learning something from him. (Abusive personalities have always rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't come here for the irritation factor. )

I haven't been here much lately, due to hunting. With fresh meat in the freezer, I can now relax a bit, and see what others have been up to lately.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been here little over 10 years. A lot of good people have left. Many not by choice, but by Gods will. Lots of folks I miss. A lot more trolls now than I've ever seen. People and topics come and go and make the rounds again. We always seem to come back to the basics. You know, .30/06 vs. .270, hunt with hot chamber or cold, beans or no beans in yer chili, etc.,etc., etc. Generally always interesting, one way or the other. I'll stick around.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t understand how the “trolls” can be enough to drive posters away. Ignore it. Ignore them. Keep scrolling. Block them. Whatever. Just like a kid, they’re simply looking for a reaction. When they get it, they have to take it to the next level. Calling them out, posting about them or whatever only justifies their existence on here. I don’t care one way or the other. If somebody is a dipshit, I don’t pay them any mind, whether it’s on here or in my day to day dealings with people. Somebody once said “it’s just the innanet”.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like to hear the good guys post. I have learned a lot here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by satir
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I've been around a while......

You still see some dip schidts that know it all.....or think they do

Met a few guys from here......sold some stuff in the classifieds........

But jeez.......how does one get 50K posts ????????

Need to get out & get some fresh pics after next big storm....

Marlin 44 Cowboy..........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

they get them by saying 'me-too", or "yeah" and nothing else, cause they dont KNOW anything else and dont want to learn either.

Yep

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Last edited by stxhunter; 12/07/19.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
was at Docrocket's casa last night. some of us have made lifelong friends.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems a little more abrasive now days. Still a good source for help/information though.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been here since Feb. of 06. Made some really good friends around here. Learned a lot. Got disappointed by some on here too, but what disappoints me the most, is the ones we've lost over the years. Friendships come and go, but sadly, good friends, dear friends, just go. My deepest sympathies to those we've lost forever.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well, I hated this place when I first joined. There was a crowd here, mostly from Alaska (no offense to MOST of our current Alaskans, operative word "most") but thankfully MOST left. This was followed by a smattering of trolls (hunting bullshitters, not political) and those were dispatched as well. We then hit a pretty good streak until a few years ago and now we are inundated with political trolls and of course the herpes-simplex midget is still around. Unfortunately, a LOT of good guys have left and many are over on the 24Hr FB page.

Dead nutz spot on.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,276
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.