-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I called a couple times in the last week asking questions. Answered the phone and the question and the lead time they said was 6 months at least.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Tom’s a great guy - I’m local to KC so if I get a chance I’ll stop down and talk with him.

Frankly I think they are just swamped with PRS work I know he expanded his operation to a second building an added a bunch of people

Other stock makers are basically catching up on the PRS stocks that Tom’s group has lead the way on for a long time, but it didn’t hurt the GA precision (across the street from Manners) founded PRS for the most part..

Last edited by Spotshooter; 12/09/19.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Tom’s a great guy - I’m local to KC so if I get a chance I’ll stop down and talk with him.

Frankly I think they are just swamped with PRS work I know he expanded his operation to a second building an added a bunch of people

Other stock makers are basically catching up on the PRS stocks that Tom’s group has lead the way on for a long time, but it didn’t hurt the GA precision (across the street from Manners) founded PRS for the most part..

No doubt he is. I’ve had phone calls from Tom well after business hours and on weekends sorting problems out. He’s NEVER not been helpful and I’ve spent time with him in the shop. Always welcoming and willing to help. I’ll keep using his stocks. I’ll just skip the hassle of dealing with them direct.

BUT QC has slipped and I know myself and others have voiced it to him. Too many wrong inlets, barrel channels, poor finish work coming out. “Cheap labor” has it’s downfalls...

I get that quality schit takes time to build and I’m more than willing to wait. But the 4-6 more weeks or your stock is in its finishing phases to only be drawn out another 3-4 months is ridiculous. Just be straight up.

A couple others were instrumental in getting that off the ground besides George....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've heard that the laborers may have communication issues, if you catch my drift. But still, there could easily be controls in place to catch their mistakes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like Stocky's Stocks stopped carrying them. Last several times I looked, they didn't have any Manners in stock anyway.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree. Manners stocks are a Great product but their QC and inletting/LOP problems are ridiculous. Many other stock makers are well ahead of them on my personal list now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
EH5 -was told 4-6 months it went a little over 10months 3 weeks . Maybr a record ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
ordered today. Manners UC.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
ordered today. Manners UC.

Called today. On my UC ordered in February.
Gentlemen who answered the phone was pleasant and apologized for the non response to emails. Found my order, confirmed contact info, couldn’t find anything as to status. Stated he will get back to me by Wednesday ...
Lesson learned; no more emails to Manners.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have bought a dozen stocks from them over the past 5-6 years, the only thing that has changed is the wait time has increased. I have had generally good experiences with them. One stock I had to send back because the LOP wasn't what I asked for (their fault), and several I have sent back because I asked for something when I ordered it then changed my mind when I received it. Most of the time they have not charged me for the adjustments, even though it was my fault.

Once I had them inlet a stocks for LA, they called me to ship the stock, but by then I'd changed my mind and... they swapped the stock for an SA, shipped me that instead.

Very solid customer service, with the normal allowances for a busy company. I doubt I could be having some uniquely great experience, I think the Internets is just where people who have bad experiences write about their troubles and those who have been satisfied don't mention anything about it.

Bottom line, one thumbs up for Manners. Not sure they are any better than McMillan but I'm used to the way their stocks fit so I keep buying them.

That said, my sample size is limited, but it's more than ten, so...

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TX35W

Very solid customer service, with the normal allowances for a busy company. I doubt I could be having some uniquely great experience, I think the Internets is just where people who have bad experiences write about their troubles and those who have been satisfied don't mention anything about it.

I’ve done plenty of the latter, but don’t have any issues calling spade a spade when someone asks a question.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Looks like Stocky's Stocks stopped carrying them. Last several times I looked, they didn't have any Manners in stock anyway.

I wonder if Stockys selling their own house brand Faux manners/mcm could be he reason for that as much as QC or lead times?

Personally I’d buy from manners or mcm direct anyway before stockys. But I’m with Josh, from manners I’d only buy from ready to ship section as lead times have gotten ridiculous on custom orders

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I ordered 3 stocks at the same time. Two were completed and had to go back (LOP). Tom instructed the third to be held until he could physically inspect all three this week. I got the standard email Friday that the third was finished and needed payment. I called and paid. The guy taking payment (correctly) said that Tom instructed to hold the stock until Tom inspected it with the other two. All three would ship at the same time. I confirmed that was correct. Everybody is on the same page. Again that was Friday. Guess what showed up at my door Monday (yesterday)? The stock I paid for Friday that everybody was clear on that should be held.

This is not a big deal taken by itself, lack of communication, I get it. But as part of the bigger picture it again shows that there is issues and disconnect between the guys in the front and the guys in the back. There is simply a lack of controls.

The million dollar question, is this one right? I haven't inspected it yet.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just inspected the stock and its perfect. Truly awesome stock and the reason I keep coming back.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Knowing Tom he probably walked over to check it the day it was done, and had them ship it right then.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
After a 14 month wait I told them to keep it.

Life is to short to put up with this BS

Lefty

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Just inspected the stock and its perfect. Truly awesome stock and the reason I keep coming back.

What stock Clint?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
EH3, building 3 rifles exactly alike (except one is a lefty) for me and two business partners. Very specialized rifle, 250 yard PBR, low recoil, extremely accurate, and quiet (suppressed) for deer management down south. 30BR and 120 Nosler BT's. Beanland has all other components and awaiting the stock. I've been in line a while so he will jump right on it, shouldn't take long. Already got 300 pieces of Lapua 6BR brass fully prepped and ready to roll; hydraulically formed, necks turned, etc.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
EH3, building 3 rifles exactly alike (except one is a lefty) for me and two business partners. Very specialized rifle, 250 yard PBR, low recoil, extremely accurate, and quiet (suppressed) for deer management down south. 30BR and 120 Nosler BT's. Beanland has all other components and awaiting the stock. I've been in line a while so he will jump right on it, shouldn't take long. Already got 300 pieces of Lapua 6BR brass fully prepped and ready to roll; hydraulically formed, necks turned, etc.

I've got a .223AI with CDI bottom metal sitting in an EH3. I really like it. Rides well on a bag/rest but not so heavy or thick that it's cumbersome, good comb height, decent grip with swell. I do wish I'd ordered it with left side flush cups....at some point I'll add a couple to it.

It was inlet wrong when I received it.....shipped it back and Tom made it right.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Bottom metal fit, which I'm peculiar about, is perfection. The EH3 sets up good for bottom metal with a flat belly.

[Linked Image from i1377.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i1377.photobucket.com]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

359 members (160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,665
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.