Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york...4CBYAYseGisrVdsigaAjsQALdRLiV9KH8XnZB_Ak

Remember the banana duct-taped to a wall and labeled “art” that sold for $120,000? On Saturday, a New York man walked up to the art installation and ate the banana.

The banana art, titled "Comedian," was the work of Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan. It's a part of Emmanuel Perrotin’s outer gallery wall at Art Basel in Miami Beach. The piece sold for $120,000 to a French art collector.

Around 1:45 p.m. in front of a convention center full of art lovers, New York-based performance artist David Datuna ate the banana, gallery representatives told the Miami Herald.

He called it "Hungry Artist."

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, but...

The work came with a Certificate of Authenticity, and a disclaimer that owners may replace the banana as needed.
You can buy new duct tape and bananas as needed. You don't need to insure the 'art'. Buying a new banana is cheaper than the insurance premiums.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Huh, guess I just don’t get “art.”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Art Basel brings out all the nutters. I usually try to be out of Miami during the event. Traffic is just horrible.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol, the guy who had the stones to eat it is a "performance artist". that could mean a lot of things, including 90% unemployed. but, glad he snagged a free snack. the next one they tape up will look very much the same, I would think.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Steelhead used to tell us "People are phuggers".

It is becoming obvious that a lot of them are STUPID phuggers/

$120K for a banana, and they sold three of them? Were they raising money for the wicked witch and her nest POTUS election run?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What sane person would buy "art" made out of a perishable food stuff?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The fruiterer, er, artist, was no fool. He made $300k selling 3 bananas and put out no effort doing it. The fools are the buyers. What I would like to know is how much he deducts for expenses on his taxes.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Steelhead used to tell us "People are phuggers".

It is becoming obvious that a lot of them are STUPID phuggers/

$120K for a banana, and they sold three of them? Were they raising money for the wicked witch and her nest POTUS election run?

He still says that, as "Girlhunter"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's as good as anything Jackson Pollack ever did.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Art Basel brings out all the nutters. I usually try to be out of Miami during the event. Traffic is just horrible.

It's no wonder Democrats can find voters.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

If you even know who or what "art basel" is then you are one of the nutters too.

I can proudly say NEVER HEARD OF IT.

just like you do about lynyrd skynrd, foghot, etc, even though you were 25-30 yrs old when all that was out. Maybe you were doing the art basel thing then.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’m a huge art fan. Most of this is conspicuous consumption (pun intended) though and deserves to be ridiculed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never been to Burning Man, but I've read that it's along the same lines.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I'd bet there was no shortage of men (?) at that art exhibition who enjoy eating the banana.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Burning man would be badass.

don't think there's be as many old tea sipping phags or bananas taped to walls at burning man

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Some art is truly in the eye of the beholder, I guess. My daughter once visited the national art gallery in Ottawa with her class. At one point, she noticed a shovel leaned up against the wall. She thought a workman had just misplaced his shovel until she noticed the little placard above the shovel. Now, I said I couldn't really see what was so artistic about an abandoned shovel and she told me it wasn't just the shovel but the act of abandonment, with the shovel left, leaning against the wall like it was. It was then that I had an epiphany and came to the realization that I was not just the lazy bum my wife has labeled me; I'm a freakin' artist! I've leaned up a lot of shovels in a lot of places; not just shovels either. I've leaned rakes, hoes, prybars, pruning saws, rifles, shotguns; if it could be leaned, I've leaned it.
If it is the act of abandonment, well, hell, I've abandoned everything from tools to articals of clothing. In many cases, I've done it so well the item has never again been seen.
This raises another question; if art can't be found to be seen, is it still art? I like to think so. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Then a sack of kittens hanging in a tree limb just short of the river below the bridge would be very moving in an exhibit.

Abandonment-interrupted

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by greydog
Some art is truly in the eye of the beholder, I guess. My daughter once visited the national art gallery in Ottawa with her class. At one point, she noticed a shovel leaned up against the wall. She thought a workman had just misplaced his shovel until she noticed the little placard above the shovel. Now, I said I couldn't really see what was so artistic about an abandoned shovel and she told me it wasn't just the shovel but the act of abandonment, with the shovel left, leaning against the wall like it was. It was then that I had an epiphany and came to the realization that I was not just the lazy bum my wife has labeled me; I'm a freakin' artist! I've leaned up a lot of shovels in a lot of places; not just shovels either. I've leaned rakes, hoes, prybars, pruning saws, rifles, shotguns; if it could be leaned, I've leaned it.
If it is the act of abandonment, well, hell, I've abandoned everything from tools to articals of clothing. In many cases, I've done it so well the item has never again been seen.
This raises another question; if art can't be found to be seen, is it still art? I like to think so. GD
Eureka! The pitchfork I left stuck in a manure pile is worth 5 times my annual social security! I just need to put up a little sign calling it "Lazy old man".

― George Orwell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

$120K for a banana, and they sold three of them? Were they raising money for the wicked witch and her next POTUS election run?

My thoughts exactly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

212 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,081
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.